Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Browns post game reactions

GoColts8818

3 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Terrible job of blocking Garrett. Everyone knows he's an elite player, but come on... Not only did he singlehandedly destroy our passing game, he was also constantly stuffing the inside running game. 

Honestly, we should have put Nelson and his 20  mill a year on thr right side lol.

21 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Four fumbles on two games? That tuen into multiple points for the opposing team?Sorry…. That’s an issue. 

Block better and it wouldn’t happen. When you barely touch the dlineman and just let them go right by you then yes it’s super easy to fumble when you get hit from behind. It was on our line this game that didn’t block garret.

• Like 1

Just now, tweezy32 said:

Block better and it wouldn’t happen. When you barely touch the dlineman and just let them go right by you then yes it’s super easy to fumble when you get hit from behind. It was on our line this game that didn’t block garret.

There are good ends in this league. You have to hang on to the ball.

19 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

I’ve watched PLENTY of heartbreaking losses with the colts but man….This one is WAY up there. Completely gutted how we lost that game with the refs. The first Flag Cooper INITIATED the contact. Im beyond p****. This game was ours! 

Need a break from watching football the rest of the day. Losing is one thing. Losing like that?? Nah. 

I said that to but might wat h dolphins eagles game

Also an issue with the Colts is they don’t have enough players that can dominate or win one-on-one. That’s also why they’re always losing games they shouldn’t. We don’t have an edge rusher who can consistently beat NFL tackles one on one. Pierce is great out of the slot but we don’t have an X receiver who can line up outside and beat most corners in press. We don’t have a LT that can neutralize/slow down some of the better pas rushers in the league. When you don’t have those type of guys at those positions, it’s hard to win in this league. You can’t survive on scheme forever. Eventually you have to have guys that are scheme beaters.

• Like 2

Let me tell you something the defense made good plays all day. But when Brents had an injury, Baecher could not even hold his water we get a fumble recovery, but they call a phantom defensive holding play that was absolutely ridiculous. There was such a little contact if I any at all and I’m tired of these officials throwing flags changing games the way they do

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

That’s valid at least regarding the sacks, but Minshew coughed up the ball as soon a he was touched - same situation last game. He needs to improve on that. 

I don't think he has a lot of pocket presence . Hard to protect the ball when you have no clue a hit is coming.

• Like 1

Just now, bluebombers87 said:

What game?

People want to focus on the penalties and the  loss. I focus on the plays before the penalties. Wide-open in the middle.  U could tell the Browns were targeting the corner. He sucks and he cannot cover. People want to focus on the penalty and not on the lack  of talent on this defence. Penalties or not, they cannot close out a game.  Win or lose going  forward, this D  needs to be retooled in terms of scheme, coaching and talent. Sure, blame the penalties but I am going to blame Ballard. 

• Like 2

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

People want to focus on the penalties and the  loss. I focus on the plays before the penalties. Wide-open in the middle.  U could tell the Browns were targeting the corner. He sucks and he cannot cover. People want to focus on the penalty and not on the lack  of talent on this defence. Penalties or not, they cannot close out a game.  Win or lose going  forward, this D  needs to be retooled in terms of scheme, coaching and talent. Sure, blame the penalties but I am going to blame Ballard. 

So…. What game?

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

There are good ends in this league. You have to hang on to the ball.

Trust me, as a person that has played football before… it’s harder said then done to hold onto the ball when you don’t see and 6ft+ 285 lb man coming full speed blindside tackle you. To just say you have to hold onto the ball is showing us you clearly don’t know football and what it’s like to be hit. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

"Can't close out games."

The.

Defense.

Forced.

A.

Fumble.

And.

It.

Was.

Negated.

By.

A.

Garbage.

Penalty.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah I noticed the same thing.  What a bad decision by him on that play.

Yep.  Or if he led Pittman up the field it isn’t picked.  Steichen has done a good job improving the offense and he’s creative in his play calling.  However, he did botch the end of the first half and probably cost the Colts 10 points.  It was impressive they overcame the turnovers.  Ridiculous to have the game end on bad officiating.   

Picking up the flag on the ineligible player down field was terrible. As was the hold on Fries and the two calls at the end. 

• Like 2

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

I never blame the refs.  But blaming Ballard for this loss is asinine.   Turnovers lost the game.   That's not on Ballard 

21 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It’s one thing to lose because your just not good enough. Then you can accept that and try to get better players. What makes this worse is we are just giving games away just like last season.

This team looks NOTHING like last season, they played their guts out today!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Good play  calling does not equal situational awareness and decision making.

We shouldn't have been in the game with 4 turnovers against the number one defense that led to 17pts. By all accounts this game should've been a blowout!!!! We still scored 38 points... Did you stop to think that his situational awareness and decision making had to do with Minshew turning the ball over?!

This is NOT Shane's first rodeo with Gardner.

As a matter of fact in his two starts in Philly last season Minshew had 3 ints and 4 fumbles. Frank gets blown out in this game! We usually agree on most things but not this one. Shane was trying to win by not allowing Minshew to COST us the game in the end with another turnover and TRUSTED the soft defense to hold the Browns from going 70+ yds while needing a TD. I think we're in good hands with the rookie hc whose still learning also SEVEN games in.

• Like 2

@NewColtsFan not sure what you're confused about.

if you march down the field, and turn the football over, and have to march down the football field again, to score the same points you should've already scored, thats how you end up with garbage yardarge.

so yeah, the stat sheet looks nice in terms of YPG, but when you factor in the turnovers does it matter?

Remember the year Jameis Winston threw 30TDs and 30interceptions? Maybe you do, maybe you don't, they didn't accomplish anything. Shocker. 

10 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

Trust me, as a person that has played football before… it’s harder said then done to hold onto the ball when you don’t see and 6ft+ 285 lb man coming full speed blindside tackle you. To just say you have to hold onto the ball is showing us you clearly don’t know football and what it’s like to be hit. 

Exactly...90 % on here have never played the sport and have no clue.

• Like 1

Trying to negate garbage ref calls by claiming the team shouldn't have committed turnovers is such a brain dead take. The team made the plays to cancel out their garbage turnovers and the refs negated them. It's really not hard to understand.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

Positives:   

Offense put up 38 points in the number one defense in the NFL.

Taylor looks to be regaining his form.

Kenny Moore played a great game.

the return of down the field passes in the Colts offense.

Negatives:

you can’t turn the ball over four times and have a blocked field goal and win.

Questionable calls aside the Colts remain way too undisciplined and commit way too many penalties

The play calling at the end of the half that gave the ball back to the Browns that let them get a cheap three that ended up being the difference in the game.

Way too much cushion on the WRs in crunch time, stop me if you’ve heard that one before.

Missed Grover on that TD play at the end.

But I thought we played press man... lol...that cushion makes me cringe....Brents going out may have had something to do with it.

10 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

Minshew is the only QB coughing up the ball on 50% of sacks. It’s a him thing, not a everyone else not playing football thing. Lol. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I was never high on Gus Bradley coming here. I disagree with his scheme and philosophy… I think we should’ve given Shane the chance to choose his own DC. 

Shane will likely get his own DC either next year, or the year after.  You’ll get your wish.