Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Browns post game reactions

GoColts8818

2 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

The one thing from this game that I’m worried about is Brent’s injury. He has been the one highlight in a very weak group, it’s gonna be hard to win games when our starting CBs are Baker and Jones. That’s no offense to Jones too because as a 7th round rookie he’s playing way better than any 7th rounder is expected to play. 

Don’t get me wrong I am concerned about Brent’s too and think he’s been fun to watch but Kenny Moore has played his tale off and needs credit for being a star back there.

2 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

He did run it when we were backed up and got us to 3rd and 6 near the end of the game, but we ended up punting.

You can throw there but it has to be a fast pass.  Nothing about that play was fast.  Well Garrett was but you know what I mean.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It was nice seeing the WR all have good games today. Very promising for the future and pierce can absolutely do more then go routes  

Downs is the real deal.  I think he can be like Smith was for steichen in Philly.  We need Marvin JR to be our better version of AJ Brown

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

How do you expect him to hold onto the ball when he’s literally throwing the ball and gets hit from behind? 

Plenty of QBs are better at securing the ball when they get hit, or have the ability to detect pocket pressure very well and/or have the speed/strength to break out of would be sacks.

Minshew doesn't have those traits, which isn't his fault but there definitely are other players (i.e Richardson) that do.

Ill say this, Minshew is far better at that then Matt Ryan was at the very least lol

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Go look how we lost a lot of games last year.

We couldn’t score last year and the offense didn’t have an identity while the defense played very well until they broke and lost hope. 

This year the offense has a clear identity (the first time in years) and we move the ball very well using the run and pass, with great game planning. The defense though has just been killed with injuries and suspensions now. Brents will be the 3rd CB out, which would be hard for any team to recover from and Grover getting 6 games really hurt although Lewis played pretty good. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Kind of funny SF got screwed by the refs last week against the browns too.

Someone needs to investigate NFL referees. It's not just the Colts that are getting the shaft. New York may be telling them what to call and when.

Refs.jpg

5 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Don’t get me wrong I am concerned about Brent’s too and think he’s been fun to watch but Kenny Moore has played his tale off and needs credit for being a star back there.

He’s a great nickel and really having a comeback year. Problem is our other two CBs on the outside. 

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Just a thought here. Bradley said Nick cross could play nickel. Maybe we can move Kenny outside and put cross in at nickel. I can’t watch baker anymore.

Kenny Moore is pretty bad on the outside just about anytime they have tried that.  They do have Tony Brown they could try.

1 minute ago, Zoltan said:

He’s a great nickel and really having a comeback year. Problem is our other two CBs on the outside. 

I’ll give Jones credit he’s held his own.  You don’t hear his name much which is good for a corner but I agree Baker just can’t play.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Just a thought here. Bradley said Nick cross could play nickel. Maybe we can move Kenny outside and put cross in at nickel. I can’t watch baker anymore.

Kenny on the outside is where he's at his worst. I think he's found his groove in Bradley's D now and moving him might hurt that.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

I’ll give Jones credit he’s held his own.  You don’t hear his name much which is good for a corner but I agree Baker just can’t play.

Jones looks pretty good.

Just now, colts89 said:

Kenny on the outside is where he's at his worst. I think he's found his groove in Bradley's D now and moving him might hurt that.

I think it’s way better then baker.

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I think it’s way better then baker.

Maybe, but I don't think it should be hard for Ballard to pick up someone who can perform at least a bit better then Baker as a starting CB. No clue how he got the starting job in Training Camp. Juju and all the other CBs on this roster are better than him. They are just getting hurt.

42 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

The cornerback got juked out of his jock and if he didn’t grab him, Cooper would’ve been wide open in the end zone. It was penalty 

So just gonna ignore how the receiver ran into the defender and then went on his route unimpeded? He initiated the contact. Not a penalty

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Kyle said:

He is a tall wr who never wins 50/50 balls or even leaves the ground. 

Wrong. Ravens game this season, left the ground,  contested, and lost his helmet, still made the catch. You call him lazy, I think you don’t watch him much and your take is lazy.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKa7Hvnzx7Rv3OZDTg6Pi

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Yep, that was supposed to be a strength but is it?  I don't think he is a true #1 and will want paid like it.  I don't think he fit the system.  I think we will let him go to FA

And I'm feeling salty right now after the loss lol

I agree that I think Pitt will be a very difficult signing.   He’ll want to be paid like a WR1, and I think the Colts will want to sign him like a WR2, even if he’s a high level WR2.   That’ll make for a very difficult negotiation. 

But I don’t think Ballard will let him walk out the door for nothing.   I think he finds a way to get this done.  

As for salty….   I feel your pain.  

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I agree that I think Pitt will be a very difficult signing.   He’ll want to be paid like a WR1, and I think the Colts will want to sign him like a WR2, even if he’s a high level WR2.   That’ll make for a very difficult negotiation. 

But I don’t think Ballard will let him walk out the door for nothing.   I think he finds a way to get this done.  

Ballard will give him what he is worth. They love Pitt. It will be between 20 and 25.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Agree, and that may be the reasoning behind Ballard possibly looking to acquire another WR; in the event this turns into a Taylor type situation.

29 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Kind of funny SF got screwed by the refs last week against the browns too.

So now u r saying there is a conspiracy afoot by the NFL to make the Browns super bowl Champs who are lead by a sex offender? Well that will defintly get them some attention. I could see the head lines now if they played KC and if Taylor Swift was attending the game. She would be surrounded by a wall of security lol.