Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Browns post game reactions

GoColts8818

Just now, kymd82222 said:

Hey ALL - Unfortunately I missed the game today due to a birthday party for my nephew but will watch it later.  After looking at the stats, how the HECK did we lose? We dominated total yards, passing yards, edged them out in rushing yards, had more first downs, dominated 3rd down conversion %, and had more time of possession. Also, looks like in the surface Minshew had a good game, over 300 yards, 2 passing TDs, 2 rushing TDs and on 1 pick.  What an I missing? How did we lose?? How did the Browns score so many points with so little offense? It may be obvious to those who saw the game, but I missed it unfortunately.  

Minshew 4 turnovers, Baker not playing football and the refs gambling on the Browns to win. 

• Like 4

Just now, kymd82222 said:

Hey ALL - Unfortunately I missed the game today due to a birthday party for my nephew but will watch it later.  After looking at the stats, how the HECK did we lose? We dominated total yards, passing yards, edged them out in rushing yards, had more first downs, dominated 3rd down conversion %, and had more time of possession. Also, looks like in the surface Minshew had a good game, over 300 yards, 2 passing TDs, 2 rushing TDs and on 1 pick.  What an I missing? How did we lose?? How did the Browns score so many points with so little offense? It may be obvious to those who saw the game, but I missed it unfortunately.  

Minshew had 3 fumbles also.  1 in our own end zone.  We had a fg blocked.  And the refs walked the Browns to the 1 yard line at the end

3 minutes ago, kymd82222 said:

Hey ALL - Unfortunately I missed the game today due to a birthday party for my nephew but will watch it later.  After looking at the stats, how the HECK did we lose? We dominated total yards, passing yards, edged them out in rushing yards, had more first downs, dominated 3rd down conversion %, and had more time of possession. Also, looks like in the surface Minshew had a good game, over 300 yards, 2 passing TDs, 2 rushing TDs and on 1 pick.  What an I missing? How did we lose?? 

Yeah, we could have won the game in boring fashion, but Steichen Steichened.  You then had some crazy stuff with the refs at the end.

I wish I had gone to the birthday party with you.  Lol

• Like 1

Just now, jvan1973 said:

I'm no expert, but maybe figure out a way to block Garrett. 

Or the two guys have you assigned to do it you know make an effort to do it.  The effort on that strip sack in the endzone was ridiculous.  With that Shane made the same mistake in the Ravens game that got a safety, he called a slow developing play and counted on the protection to hold up.   This isn’t Madden throwing out of your own endzone is not the time to take a shot down the field.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

Yep written off early again. I'd love to watch meaningful football in November, December 

Yupp.. I think finally most of our fans feel today how I felt two weeks ago. Totally dejected. I wasn't even shocked we lost. After the "illegal contact" I figured we were gonna lose. Just had cooper and njoku was hoping it'd be one of them. But Njoku dropped two.. then they ran it in at the last possible moment.. blah..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Steichen has to be better with decisions making because that killed us in the end. Refs wouldn’t of had a chance to do that if better decisions had been made.

Maybe if Minshew didn’t turn the ball over 4 times you mean.

Focusing on Steichen when we put up 38 points and Minshew has 4 turnovers is just ridiculous. 

• Like 2

Yeah Minshew had some bad plays with the turnovers, but this game was done and the refs just had to affect it. You wanna talk about the Colts losing it? Nah. Everyone agreeing the refs hosed us. Even Browns fans and fans that don’t like the Colts. 

Have alllllllll the copium you want and blame Baker and Minshew. These refs #ed us and I will die on that hill. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, cjwhiskers said:

We will get the standard

We were leading at that point. Wanted to get into the correct formation and prevent the TD vs a back-up QB rather than needing to kick a long FG. Gamble didn't pay off unfortunately. 

We were losing after the touchdown still called a timeout. Could have had two timeouts. 

Just now, Solid84 said:

Focusing on Steichen when we put up 38 points and Minshew has 4 turnovers is just ridiculous. 

I think you can point the finger at both today and be right.  Shane continues to prove he’s a rookie coach a lot.  Doesn’t mean he should be run out of town for it but it’s fair to point out he had some mistakes today too.  It was his play calling at the end of the half that left the Browns enough time to get a cheap 3 before halftime which ended up being the difference in the game.  At the same time your QB can’t turn it over four times in a game and you win.

• Thanks 1

Just now, IndyEric07 said:

Did they have Gene Steratore on the broadcast explaining these calls? Was he for or against them???

He gave a nonsense support of the illegal contact but gas lit everyone saying it was close (it wasn’t) but never addressed that the receiver initiated the contact.

Then he basically said there’s no such thing as an uncatchable ball but agreed it shouldn’t have been called.

Minshew has REALLY BAD awareness in the pocket. Well... to be honest with this much problems with protection, I can understand a bit him not knowing where the pressure will come from but... he just has to be better. Otherwise he's a very solid QB... but his pocket presence is one of the worst of any QB in the league. 

• Like 3

The referees made some questionable calls, but at the end of the day we had the ball with like 334 left and went three and out. Even if we get one first down there, maybe run the thing down to the two minute warning, it’s a totally different game.   

Outside of the turnovers and officiating at the end, that was probably the biggest take home from this game: too many giveaway possessions, because of inability to consistently run the ball when we had to/opponents knew it was coming.

3 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Imagine if Steichen had called a better game... we might have scored 50 on the best defense in the league. :facepalm:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, John Hammonds said:

Two points

Point #1 - The refs @#$#%^ed us.

Point #2 - They wouldn't have been in a position to do so if Minshew wouldn't have coughed up the ball every time a defender even breathed on him.

This is a stupid statement. Dude gets hit by a 285 pound man from behind. You expect him to be able to hold on to the ball when he’s not expecting it??