Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Browns post game reactions

GoColts8818

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Were we playing KC or dolphins? This is my point. Browns couldn’t score. Both QB looked really bad.

idc who you are playing, if you are tied 14-14 and you can either punt the ball or take the lead you take the points, especially if you're confident in your kickers ability.

2 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

idc who you are playing, if you are tied 14-14 and you can either punt the ball or take the lead you take the points, especially if you're confident in your kickers ability.

It wasn’t even halftime yet. We were tied because of turnovers then Steichen messes up and gives them another very short field.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

60 yards doesnt  even have. A very successful rate. So even a miss they get the ball on a short field. Coaches have to have a good feel for the game. Who the opponent is ect. 

If you are confident in your kicker in making the kick you kick it, which they discuss during pregame where that line is that day. My guess Matt Gay was feeling good at 60 yards during pregame. The defense was playing well and holding the opposing offense to minimal gains, which is another reason to kick the fg for the lead. 

You don't go off historical rates, you go off your kicker which Gay has done very well at long FGs.

7 hours ago, Zoltan said:

That just seems ridiculous to me, the take of "We have enough points." especially with how big of the group on this site that say "Take the points when you can." You trust your team Matt Gay has been great this year at long FGs, and we have a great OL. You take that chance.

ballard is paying for a great o-line but he does not have one

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

ballard is paying for a great o-line but he does not have one

We did at one point and made the playoffs with Luck and Rivers before it fell apart. Now, it's a shell of its former self. Hopefully with Braden Smith coming back it'll be better. This is what happens when you don't spend much in FA though. It's the perfect Madden strategy to do what Ballard does because you can load up on draft picks for cheap and rebuild a team easier, but that doesn't work in real life. You have to sign people in FA and trade for upgrades as well. That's why the Eagles have been a contender under Howie Roseman and we are constantly developing players without ever having a complete team. 

22 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I do find it funny how Reich was called the worst coach but everything Steichen does is magic. Going for the field goal was silly. You take the points in a game where you are playing the number 1 defense with a back up qb. People blame Freeland and the tight end for whiffing on Garrett. You don't put your players in a tough situation against an all world player deep in your territory.  Its not rocket science. He didn't put his team in a good situation. You play call to protect your team and Shane didn't. I bet he would take the 2nd quarter back if he could. He's a rookie coach and he will learn so its no biggie.

There will be growing pains with all rookies, including rookie coaches.  Reich was frustrating as a seasoned coach.  Steich has shown some fire and aggressiveness that I love to see.   Is he too aggressive right now, probably, but I'd prefer that than not agressive enough.  

I think he is going to be a good one.  I'm not putting a gold jacket on him yet but excited to see him grow.