Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Browns post game reactions

GoColts8818

10 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Ballard is hell bent on playing these young corners he hasn’t signed a vet in the offseason or through out the year. It’s been obvious since the beginning of the year we need a Vet DB.

Yeah, I know but only 2 rookies we are down to is Jones and Speed(just picked him up).

Moore, Brown, Lammons(PS) are nickel backs, Moore can play outside but clearly not his strength 

Baker is toast(can't put him back on the field)

Left with Hall on PS 

Have to imagine if Juju is out for the year, someone will be brought in.

39 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Ballard is hell bent on playing these young corners he hasn’t signed a vet in the offseason or through out the year. It’s been obvious since the beginning of the year we need a Vet DB.

Remember….   Every snap a veteran cornerback plays is a snap that’s NOT  taken by one of the young corners who need experience.   So what’s the point? 

This year was supposed to be about playing the kids and letting them learn.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Let's forget about the officiating for a moment.

Shane elects to go for it on 4th down and not kick a short FG against the Titans at the end of the first half - comes up empty with no points. When Shane decides to kick a FG, he elects to kick a 60 yard FG instead of punting and potentially pinning them deep - even if it goes into the end zone, the Browns get it on their 20. Makes no sense.

When you have the ball at your 11 and you're facing Garrett with under 2 minutes until halftime, you run the ball three times with Taylor/Moss and force Cleveland to burn all of their timeouts. It's not that difficult to understand as G-Min had already fumbled once earlier in the half.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Remember….   Every snap a veteran cornerback plays is a snap that’s NOT  taken by one of the young corners who need experience.   So what’s the point? 

This year was supposed to be about playing the kids and letting them learn.  

To counter yes if these players were healthy but they lost one rookie already and we’re going to probably lose another one for a while. At some point we need to fill these holes with a vets. It seems like you always have a rebuttal at any Ballard criticism here lol.

13 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

To counter yes if these players were healthy but they lost one rookie already and we’re going to probably lose another one for a while. At some point we need to fill these holes with a vets. It seems like you always have a rebuttal at any Ballard criticism here lol.

If you want to make an argument that we need a vet now because we have a bunch of injured young guys, that’s fine.   No problem. 

But that wasn’t the argument you made about an hour ago.  You stated Ballard didn’t sign a vet corner in the off-season and it’s been obvious that the Colts needed one.   That’s an entirely different argument.   

And that’s — in part — why I defend Ballard.   Because his detractors make weak nonsensical arguments that are easy to poke holes through.  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Zoltan said:

Greeny this morning, went off on how he felt the Colts had every bad call against them. Which it’s kind of nice to see it’s not just the fans who felt their were bad calls. 

I’m a truck driver. I deliver every Monday in a Cleveland suburb.  The guys there apologized for the penalty call, but were ecstatic about their win.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarylandTerrapin said:

Shane elects to go for it on 4th down and not kick a short FG against the Titans at the end of the first half - comes up empty with no points. When Shane decides to kick a FG, he elects to kick a 60 yard FG instead of punting and potentially pinning them deep - even if it goes into the end zone, the Browns get it on their 20. Makes no sense.

When you have the ball at your 11 and you're facing Garrett with under 2 minutes until halftime, you run the ball three times with Taylor/Moss and force Cleveland to burn all of their timeouts. It's not that difficult to understand as G-Min had already fumbled once earlier in the half.

This guy has a point. Since when can you pull the Guard down to allowing your star defender to hurdle easier?

• Like 1

Steichen lost the game not the refs. His poor decisions lead to 10 points before the half. Blame the refs if u want but it's on the coach and he owned it.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Steichen lost the game not the refs. His poor decisions lead to 10 points before the half. Blame the refs if u want but it's on the coach and he owned it.

I agree.   I think SS will figure it out.  He had some head scratching calls , but I like his offense so far.   

10 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Disgusting 

I don’t have an issue with this play.  Looks like illegal contact per NFL rules.  Possibly could be interpreted as receiver initiating contact, could have been pocketed with the sack.

The PI was astounding.  Tried to screen shot where the ball was as the receiver is heading OB and then where it lands.  File too big.  But check it out.  

Catchable they say lol.

13 hours ago, bluebombers87 said:

Technically it’s holding that is taking place outside of the accepted area (between the shoulder pads) so yea it should’ve been a penalty.

Seems like it should be illegal.  I don’t remember seeing that. I’m wondering if this is commonly done.

Funny thing is every player that blocks on offense is taught to hold on every play going by the letter of the law by grabbing the breastplate.

They emphasized defensive holding on Dline a few years ago taking out combo blockers.  I would imagine the league wouldn’t want this to persist.

Garret looked like Charles Jefferson v. Lincoln all night long after Spicoli fixed his car.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Correct.  If Shane calls the game like I mentioned above, then it's 38-23 with 5 minutes left and the refs calls don't matter anyway.  Give Cleveland the garbage TD to make it 38-30 and let them try an onsides kick with 15 seconds left.  There's a fine line between 5-2 and 3-4.  If Shane tweaks a couple decisions (takes FG vs Rams on 4th & 7 and runs the ball vs the Browns), then we're looking at 5-2.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with playing it safe when the situation calls for it - that's simply smart coaching in my book.  You need to consider who you have as your personnel on the field.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nickster said:

I don’t have an issue with this play.  Looks like illegal contact per NFL rules.  Possibly could be interpreted as receiver initiating contact, could have been pocketed with the sack.

The PI was astounding.  Tried to screen shot where the ball was as the receiver is heading OB and then where it lands.  File too big.  But check it out.  

Catchable they say lol.

For clarity, I am laughing at the Fast Times reference.

35 minutes ago, Dunk said:

For clarity, I am laughing at the Fast Times reference.

I was hoping a fellow Gen Xer would get that one.

http://www.tzr.io/yarn-clip/b9a4938f-3b9f-4ebf-8861-2535754df887

Just substitute the name Garrett for Jefferson and that is what that game looked like on Sunday.

This pic means a lot to you if you are around my age lol.  Right when cable came out lol.

fast times at ridgemont high swimming GIF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Correct.  If Shane calls the game like I mentioned above, then it's 38-23 with 5 minutes left and the refs calls don't matter anyway.  Give Cleveland the garbage TD to make it 38-30 and let them try an onsides kick with 15 seconds left.  There's a fine line between 5-2 and 3-4.  If Shane tweaks a couple decisions (takes FG vs Rams on 4th & 7 and runs the ball vs the Browns), then we're looking at 5-2.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with playing it safe when the situation calls for it - that's simply smart coaching in my book.  You need to consider who you have as your personnel on the field.

Ad-Rock Hey Ladies GIF by Beastie Boys

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is your opinion. I am not going to debate it, but we had the game won fair and square with the Speed strip sack and Buck recovery. I have already said my peace. 

Sure, but we had 60 minutes to stop them from scoring and we didn't. You can stick your head in the sand and only look at the last minute of the game blaming it on everything but our team, that's on you.

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

Sure, but we had 60 minutes to stop them from scoring and we didn't. You can stick your head in the sand and only look at the last minute of the game blaming it on everything but our team, that's on you.

I am not sticking my head anywhere. I know what I seen. You can sugarcoat the REFS not being bad all you want and not giving them any blame - that is on you. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not sticking my head anywhere. I know what I seen. You can sugarcoat the REFS not being bad all you want and not giving them any blame - that is on you. 

Difference is I'm not saying the refs aren't bad. That's what I said about those two last calls. You went completely overboard saying the game was intentionally altered and it was ALL on the refs that we last that game.

I blame 60 minutes including plenty of f-ups. You blame only the refs.

I strongly disagree with that and I'm going to keep calling you and anyone else out on it when you keep spouting it like gospel.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

Difference is I'm not saying the refs aren't bad. That's what I said about those two last calls. You went completely overboard saying the game was intentionally altered and it was ALL on the refs that we last that game.

I strongly disagree with that and I'm going to keep calling you and anyone else out on it when you keep spouting it like gospel.

You can call me out on it all you want. I will do the same to you and others that don't think we got screwed Sunday. By the way almost everyone in the media on ESPN, sports talk shows, radio sports hosts, say we got screwed. Funny how they think we got screwed and you don't? I would give anything to see us get a bogus call down by the goaline that cost the other the team a game, if we do I don't want you blaming the REFS to why we won. I am not going back and forth with you today so I am done here, I am tired of debating with you because we rarely agree on anything anyway, so it is a waste of my time. Have a great day.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Nickster said:

I was hoping a fellow Gen Xer would get that one.

http://www.tzr.io/yarn-clip/b9a4938f-3b9f-4ebf-8861-2535754df887

Just substitute the name Garrett for Jefferson and that is what that game looked like on Sunday.

This pic means a lot to you if you are around my age lol.  Right when cable came out lol.

fast times at ridgemont high swimming GIF

I am a boomer, saw that in the theater at age 19.

The Cars tune moving in Stereo always reminds me of this scene.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Really? So, the endzone PI call was spot on even though everyone in the media said the Colts got screwed royally on that hideous call as the ball was uncatchable. Steichen has nothing to do with the play of Myles Garrett.

10 minutes ago, Dunk said:

I am a boomer, saw that in the theater at age 19.

The Cars tune moving in Stereo always reminds me of this scene.

I was probably sneaking it about a year later on cable lol after Mom went to bed.  I was about 12 or 13.  Ole Phoebe had a lasting effect on the ole Nickster. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nickster said:

I was probably sneaking it about a year later on cable lol after Mom went to bed.  I was about 12 or 13.  Ole Phoebe had a lasting effect on the ole Nickster. 

She did on us older teens as well Nickster.  

25 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

No doubt there were plenty of f- ups.  About 57 minutes worth.  Shane and is head shaking decision making.  You can throw in Minchews turnovers.  Can’t ignore Garrett’s Superman performance and the points he generated himself.  Very impressive.  But we did ever come them all and had the lead.  But then the refs inserted themselves again with a couple of blatantly egregious calls.  One taking an impressive turnover away in the closing minutes.  And the other giving them a new set of downs at the one yard line.  Those terrible calls changed the outcome of the game in the final minutes.  There is no disputing that.  An amazing hard fought come from behind win snatched away from the Colts by the refs.  That’s how the vast majority of the universe viewed the final minutes of that game.  And they are right.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

No doubt there were plenty of f- ups.  About 57 minutes worth.  Shane and is head shaking decision making.  You can throw in Minchews turnovers.  Can’t ignore Garrett’s Superman performance and the points he generated himself.  Very impressive.  But we did ever come them all and had the lead.  But then the refs inserted themselves again with a couple of blatantly egregious calls.  One taking an impressive turnover away in the closing minutes.  And the other giving them a new set of downs at the one yard line.  Those terrible calls changed the outcome of the game in the final minutes.  There is no disputing that.  An amazing hard fought come from behind win snatched away from the Colts by the refs.  That’s how the vast majority of the universe viewed the final minutes of that game.  And they are right.

How anyone can't understand that is beyond puzzling. Of course, I and others can say we made mistakes throughout the game, all teams do but we clearly got screwed when it counted most. It is so obvious that a 6 year old that knows football would understand that lmao . Like I said, I know what I seen and will stick by it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nickster said:

Seems like it should be illegal.  I don’t remember seeing that. I’m wondering if this is commonly done.

Funny thing is every player that blocks on offense is taught to hold on every play going by the letter of the law by grabbing the breastplate.

They emphasized defensive holding on Dline a few years ago taking out combo blockers.  I would imagine the league wouldn’t want this to persist.

Garret looked like Charles Jefferson v. Lincoln all night long after Spicoli fixed his car.

Your last sentence is beautiful! What a classic!

59 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Really? So, the endzone PI call was spot on even though everyone in the media said the Colts got screwed royally on that hideous call as the ball was uncatchable. Steichen has nothing to do with the play of Myles Garrett.

How many points did Steichen cost us with those 2 mistakes? 10 points. The PI's cost us 3