Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Browns post game reactions

GoColts8818

I just want to say Ballard stinks. This is year 8 and we have accomplished literally nothing. This team will never go anywhere with him as GM and the culture can't be completely reset until he is gone. Eagles GM has won a SB and rebuild the team into another SB contender in the time Ballard has been here. The list of teams who have accomplished so much more in such a smaller amount of time is huge. This is and remains the Colts biggest problem by 100 miles.

1 minute ago, Nesjan3 said:

I just want to say Ballard stinks. This is year 8 and we have accomplished literally nothing. This team will never go anywhere with him as GM and the culture can't be completely reset until he is gone. Eagles GM has won a SB and rebuild the team into another SB contender in the time Ballard has been here. The list of teams who have accomplished so much more in such a smaller amount of time is huge. This is and remains the Colts biggest problem by 100 miles.

We have a new coach. This year was going to be a year for Steichen to evaluate the roster. 

What a ride that one was. 

I like Minshew as a backup and a guy to bail us out of a pinch. But as a guy to lean on week to week? That’s straining. A very good friend of mine is a Jags fan and he told me that before this season and I kind of laughed it off. But I get it now. 

Great day from Downs. With a second guy that secondaries have to account for now it’s going to help everyone out. It already is. 

With Richardson out for the year I can’t be upset with this one. We won, but the refs gave it to the Browns instead and we move up the draft order. I just can’t see us being competitive down the stretch with Minshew, and I sure would like to pair Richardson with Marvin Harrison Jr next spring. 

I’d like to hear our players go off about the officiating in this game! Fines be danmed! Want to hear what Shaq and Zaire have to say about it! They sure seemed po’d at the refs on the field! I was surprised nobody in the stands threw anything onto the field either! I wished those down low woulda littered the field with beer cans! Or nail one of those cheatn scum refs in the noggin!

1 hour ago, adubb84 said:

I’ve watched PLENTY of heartbreaking losses with the colts but man….This one is WAY up there. Completely gutted how we lost that game with the refs. The first Flag Cooper INITIATED the contact. Im beyond p****. This game was ours! 

Need a break from watching football the rest of the day. Losing is one thing. Losing like that?? Nah. 

I feel the same way and a few on here still have the nerve to say we deserved to lose anyway. I hope there is a game where we have a WR running down the sideline late in a game and he just trips over his own 2 feet and we get the call that sets up a game winning TD. I am going to say SCOREBOARD right back. I am not even going watch the Dolphins/Eagles game. I have my movie night set. Beverly Hills Cop 1 and 2 it is, then Trading places. It is going to be an Eddie night before I pass out.

• Like 2

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We have a new coach. This year was going to be a year for Steichen to evaluate the roster. 

New coach great awesome, I love Shane. I think the offense was great today especially given the void of talent. It doesn't matter Ballard is still here constructing the roster.

1 minute ago, Nesjan3 said:

New coach great awesome, I love Shane. I think the offense was great today especially given the void of talent. It doesn't matter Ballard is still here constructing the roster.

Your missing the point. There was never going to be big moves  made in a evaluation year. Just wait to this off season now Steichen has seen where the improvement needs to be.

11 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If we can be that entertaining all year and win some games along the way we will get a good evaluation of our young players. Downs on his way to 1k yards if he continues this. We could have two 1k yard WR.

Colts need to listen to Reggie Wayne when he wants someone lol.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Ballard will give him what he is worth. They love Pitt. It will be between 20 and 25.

It’s hard to know what Pitt is worth.   That’s the problem.  Yes, I know Ballard loves  him.  

But there’s also the issue of how long is the contract?   3 years?  4 years?   5?   And how much is guaranteed and what is the signing bonus.   These things can get complicated.  But as I stated before, I think Ballard will try to find a way to keep Pitt, just as he found a way to keep JT. 

Your missing the point. There was never going to be big minds made in a evaluation year. Just wait to this off season now Steichen has seen where the improvement needs to be.

Ballard should have been shipped off with Reich. You rarely see other organizations hold over Gm's or coaches when the counterpart has been fired, because it rarely works. I have no idea why Irsay is committed to Ballard his resume here in Indy is atrocious.

• Like 1

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Colts need to listen to Reggie Wayne when he wants someone lol.

Downs looks like a seasoned vet. I know WR come in now more ready to play but he looks like he has been in the league a few years.His route running is exceptional and knows how to create space.

Just now, DEColtsLover36 said:

This isn’t funny actually… that’s the last thing we need is the Pats facing us in Germany on some crazy high… I wanted them still feeling like losers by November lol

I think you can throw out records when it comes to these overseas games. Too many variables with the time change and when teams decide to go over there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

It’s hard to know what Pitt is worth.   That’s the problem.  Yes, I know Ballard loves  him.  

But there’s also the issue of how long is the contract?   3 years?  4 years?   5?   And how much is guaranteed and what is the signing bonus.   These things can get complicated.  But as I stated before, I think Ballard will try to find a way to keep Pitt, just as he found a way to keep JT. 

It’s not hard. People just want to make it hard. He don’t get too money but he will get the next tear down.

Downs looks like a seasoned vet. I know WR come in now more ready to play but he looks like he has been in the league a few years.His route running is exceptional and knows how to create space.

I think it’s because he’s a smaller receiver. His route running has always had to be good. Couldn’t physically overpower in college so he developed good hands and crisp routes. Those types usually translate well early since it’s the same type of play.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I feel the same way and a few on here still have the nerve to say we deserved to lose anyway. I hope there is a game where we have a WR running down the sideline late in a game and he just trips over his own 2 feet and we get the call that sets up a game winning TD. I am going to say SCOREBOARD right back. I am not even going watch the Dolphins/Eagles game. I have my movie night set. Beverly Hills Cop 1 and 2 it is, then Trading places. It is going to be an Eddie night before I pass out.

eddie murphy GIF

Just now, bluebombers87 said:

I think it’s because he’s a smaller receiver. His route running has always had to be good. Couldn’t physically overpower in college so he developed good hands and crisp routes. Those types usually translate well early since it’s the same type of play.

Route running is so important in the NFL and no one knows that better than Reggie Wayne.  Reggie was never the most physically gifted athlete but he killed teams because he ran some of the best routes you’ll ever see.  I’d bet that’s why Reggie wanted Downs so bad.  He loves his route running.

• Like 3

Imagine if we add another WR in the draft and we have Pittman, Pierce, Downs, draft pick. That would be really good. One of Ballards weakest groups in the past turned into a strong suit.

And u want to let Ballard and his staff make that pick. It came out that Wayne had to bang the table for Downs. He is probably the best wr pick during Ballard's tenure and snd it appears Ballard had no intention of picking him of not for Wayne. Let that sink in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

Maybe we do the most unlikely colts thing and trade up

It will clearly depend on where the Colts land in the draft and the price but I could see a scenario where Irsay tells Ballard to go get Marvin Jr if it’s reasonable to do.

Just now, richard pallo said:

Makes me wonder if Downs could turn into a Diggs given time.

He reminds me a lot of TY’s rookie year.

25 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Wrong. Ravens game this season, left the ground,  contested, and lost his helmet, still made the catch. You call him lazy, I think you don’t watch him much and your take is lazy.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKa7Hvnzx7Rv3OZDTg6Pi

Wow. Yep, my bad, he caught the ball in the air once. He's definitely worth 20 mil a year

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

And u want to let Ballard and his staff make that pick. It came out that Wayne had to bang the table for Downs. He is probably the best wr pick during Ballard's tenure and snd it appears Ballard had no intention of picking him of not for Wayne. Let that sink in.

Huh that’s what a WR coach is for. Especially when you have a HOF WR coach.