Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Predict Richardson's stats

CR91

Sounds like that's in the realm of possibility if he starts week one and they keep him in the job the entire season.  I think if they do that there will be a high loss count.  But maybe that's what they want given the projected value of the top couple picks in next year's draft.  Never know this far out what the value will be, but they will probably be higher valued than this year's picks were so if they do lose a ton of games they can flip the picks or take one of those QBs and flip Richardson elsewhere.

I prefer they protect Richardson and let him have the offense fully down before he starts.  But it feels like Irsay is driving this bus so what makes sense isn't necessarily going to be the decision.

10 TDs 108 Ints 1200 yards   31% completions  :)

This is very hard to predict

Florida used a great deal of deep passes for AR5  ...... which are harder to complete.

I imagine that they will give him a reduced playbook with plays that are lower risk as he gets going

My hope is that he can get to 60% completion  and can have a positive TD to INT ratio

I think AR will start all season and he won't do that great but if he doesn't show signs that he'll get better we will have a top 5 pick again and like everybody else had said the QB coming out next year has way more value.  So we may draft another QB and flip AR!  The NFL is a win now league so it sucks for AR but again NFL is what have you done for me now!

23 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Florida used a great deal of deep passes for AR5  ...... which are harder to complete.

If I understand correctly, he (his accuracy) is actually much better at the long throws. His weakness is short/intermediate timing routes. I may have read somewhere this is because of his footwork (that he has been working on very deliberately this entire off season).

I expect tons or 'no riskit, no biscuit' type throws from him during his rookie season. You will see fireworks.

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

Let's say he starts week 1. What's his numbers?

I got 3100 yards passing 20 tds 15 ints

650 yards rushing 8 tds.

Reasonable?

not far off from my prediction. 

mine are all based on the 30 seasons ive run so far in Madden with him though lol. 

typically win SB by year 4-6

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

650 yards rushing 8 tds.

Reasonable?

I'd say this is a very reasonable guess for his stats if he starts the full season.

I think it'll be 18 TD, 11 INT with around the same rushing stats as well.

32 minutes ago, IanColts22 said:

I think AR will start all season and he won't do that great but if he doesn't show signs that he'll get better we will have a top 5 pick again and like everybody else had said the QB coming out next year has way more value.  So we may draft another QB and flip AR!  The NFL is a win now league so it sucks for AR but again NFL is what have you done for me now!

:no:

2 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

If he starts week 1 and plays all season. 

2800 yards passing (just under 165 yards per game)

17 TDs passing

24 Ints

750 yards rushing

8 TDs rushing

This is a realistic scenario- but I don’t care at all about his 2023 stats- I care about his 2025 stats. 

I understand you get better by playing, but if being in a game situations causes him to revert to old habits and undoes the good habits Steichen is teaching him, he shouldn’t play.  If he’s having to run for his life, he shouldn’t play. 

Ultimately AR’s development (and health) is the only thing that truly matters about the upcoming season, and I’m sure Coach S is aware of that. 

Just now, Fat Clemenza said:

This is a realistic scenario- but I don’t care at all about his 2023 stats- I care about his 2025 stats. 

I understand you get better by playing, but if being in a game situations causes him to revert to old habits and undoes the good habits Steichen is teaching him, he shouldn’t play.  If he’s having to run for his life, he shouldn’t play. 

Ultimately AR’s development (and health) is the only thing that truly matters about the upcoming season, and I’m sure Coach S is aware of that. 

That’s my take on his stats for the 2023 season, but like you I don’t really care. I hope to see him improving over the season. 

I do think him landing here with us is the best chance he’s going to get in the NFL to realise his potential. It’ll take time however. 

3 hours ago, CR91 said:

650 yards rushing 8 tds.

Reasonable?

I don't think it's reasonable at all for Week 1.

But I like your optimism!

While I don't think he will have a strong stat year, it looks like Ballard picked a quality guy.

It seems like the Indianapolis Colts drafted quarterback Anthony Richardson for much more than his football skills.

The now former Florida Gator showed his true character during a dinner attended by a bunch of rookies where he helped clean the room after it was left a mess.

1075 The Fan's Jake Query told a story on his radio show of how Richardson left a lasting impact on the NFL's executive vice president of football operations Troy Vincent at the NFL rookie orientation.

Query read off this text he received during his show:

"Hey Jake, I went to the Indiana Sports Corp luncheon on Tuesday, and Chris Ballard was the speaker. He told a story about Anthony Richardson and the NFL’s rookie orientation program. Troy Vincent, of the NFL, called Ballard after the draft to tell him what an impact Anthony Richardson had left on him at the orientation program.

"Specifically, after the dinner attended by all potential draftees, the room was left a mess. Everyone was leaving and Troy Vincent saw one person who stayed behind and was bussing tables, before the staff came back into the room. Vincent walked up and approached him and said, ‘You don’t need to do this.’ To which Anthony Richardson responded, ‘We left this room in an unacceptable condition and it’s not right for us to expect the staff to clean it all up.’

"Vincent said that Richardson told him that he was free to go to which Richardson basically said, ‘No, it’s all right. I’d like to stay and help.’ And he did until the room was cleaned up entirely. And he was the last person working along with workers on the shift."

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/indianapolis-radio-host-tells-story-new-colts-qb-anthony-richardsons-classy-move-nfl-rookie-event

I am fired up!! I rewatched the Eagles first 2022 three games. Jalen Hurts ran alot and had his issues connecting with his passes. My prediction is that AR will start Game 1, and he will outperform Jalen Hurts.The play design had the defenses committing to either stop AR or JT. He is bigger, stronger and faster than Jalen Hurts. All we will need is our defense to show up. This new Colt offense is going to rock.

6 hours ago, AustexColt said:

I am fired up!! I rewatched the Eagles first 2022 three games. Jalen Hurts ran alot and had his issues connecting with his passes. My prediction is that AR will start Game 1, and he will outperform Jalen Hurts.The play design had the defenses committing to either stop AR or JT. He is bigger, stronger and faster than Jalen Hurts. All we will need is our defense to show up. This new Colt offense is going to rock.

Well, we also need our run blocking to show up, which is not a given when you think about last year’s OL performance.

Star Trek Reaction GIF

13 hours ago, IanColts22 said:

It’s funny that every year we talk about how good the next year qbs are. Then when that time comes it’s the same thing about the next year qbs. 

51 minutes ago, BeanDiasucci said:

I'll go with similar passing stats to Josh Allen his rookie year: 2100 yards, 10TDs, 12 INTs, 53% completions.

Two seasons later for Allen: 4500 yards passing, 37 TDs, 10 INTs, 69% completions.

For whatever it’s worth, Allen hasn’t enjoyed quite the same level of success in his two seasons since his historic 2020 season.  

Both years were 63 percent.   That’s not to say that JA can’t or won’t do 69 percent again, only that he hasn’t.

27 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

For whatever it’s worth, Allen hasn’t enjoyed quite the same level of success in his two seasons since his historic 2020 season.  

Both years were 63 percent.   That’s not to say that JA can’t or won’t do 69 percent again, only that he hasn’t.

True... still, even at 63% Allen is one of the best QBs in the league.

IMO if AR gets to 63% average for his career, he will have a very successful career. 

10 minutes ago, stitches said:

True... still, even at 63% Allen is one of the best QBs in the league.

IMO if AR gets to 63% average for his career, he will have a very successful career. 

Yup….  I agree that if AR ever gets to a 63% completion percentage Colts Nation will likely be very very happy.  

2 hours ago, IrsaysArmy said:

20 Tds. You’re dreaming. He’s going to struggle a bit. 

Course he will, but 20 tds in a 17 game season isnt a ridiculous number. It's 1.3 tds a game

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yeah, you're right. My point with the Josh Allen comparison is just to reemphasize that there's a good chance Richardson won't have good stats next season and that's okay.

9 minutes ago, coltsfanatic24 said:

Anthony Richardson season stats as the starter.

3,300 Yards 18TDs, 6INT 61% 

860 Rush Yards, 12 TD’s. 

Richardson leads Colts to an 11-5 record and deep playoff run. 

12 rushing touchdowns would be a single season record for a qb.  Can’t expect that from a rookie

my post above would be records in each category 

46 minutes ago, BeanDiasucci said:

Yeah, you're right. My point with the Josh Allen comparison is just to reemphasize that there's a good chance Richardson won't have good stats next season and that's okay.

Thank you!   100 percent!    I’ve been trying to emphasize that very point.   Appreciate you making it!    :thmup:

Archived