Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Game 2: Colts @Jaguars, Sun, Sept. 18, 2022, 1PM

NFLfan

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Do we want to talk about defensive scores also? 
    • And that's just the play calling. But he's the HC, and the entire team looked poorly coached through the first two games (a running theme for the Colts, going back to 2014). And even yesterday, though the team had more fire and looked ready to play, all of a sudden we have a rash of penalties. 
    • This is correct.   It's easier to say "Well, everybody has to be patient and give him the time and latitude to fix these deficiencies in his game" than it is to actually....be patient and give him the time and latitude to fix these deficiencies in his game.   What exactly did everybody think that was going to look like...if it wasn't something like what we saw yesterday?   Two things everybody needs to not lose sight of as we pull our hair out watching him play:   1) To this point, he's had the right attitude about it.  There's no guarantee he'll continue having the right attitude.  And it won't help him maintain it if fan sentiment boils over to the point where things just fall apart.  And I very much believe fan sentiment can cause that to happen.   2) There is no quick, easy fix.  And that includes benching AR for Flacco.  Are we a better team with Flacco on the field right now?  Maybe.  Probably.  But is that really in the best interest of the franchise?  I don't think so.  AR needs reps....even if those reps end up costing us winnable games.  Personally, I think they're worth it.  Because Joe Flacco is not a long-term alternative.  There are no ready long-term alternatives....except another swipe at another QB prospect next year in the draft.   So I think everybody just needs to relax as much as possible.  And the coaching staff needs to make the space available for AR to progress....and that means taking as much pressure off his shoulders as possible.
    • Bunch o pretenders..  Saints Raiders Browns    
  • Members