Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Season Opener, Colts @ Texans, Sept. 11, 2022, 1 PM EDT

NFLfan

1 minute ago, chickenMan said:

No we flat out blow today, story or not this Colts team just did not show up to play outside of JT

Kicker momentum pushing him into the defender. Penalty. 

Kenny getting called for PI twice being pushed around and doing what their defenders are doing? 

Yeah Pierce dropped a ball and the Oline has pooped the bed, but they are definitely playing against stacked odds. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Doesn't matter lots of season left

I have seen posts here about tanking the season 

I get people are upset but good lord 

Lots of season and the colts are obviously so talented and so well coached that they had so much room for mistakes it won't matter.

Just now, colts89 said:

That's not a silver lining, it's a curse. Unfortunately, the Colts will do better later in the year. They've always started off badly and it's what keeps them out of the playoffs or a fringe team... 

Fair point. No one can claim to its coincidense anymore. 

Personally I dont think it helps that its all they talk about in house and its all the players are being asked about by the media in the weeks leading up to week 1. That's bound to mess with the players heads.

No excuses though. Todays performance has been awful and they need to figure out why so we can avoid a repeat next week. 

This game is just pathetic. I put part of the blame on not playing the starters a bit more together in the preseason as well. But it’s clearly more than that. We don’t acquire enough talent via free agency, whether that’s entirely on Ballard or not is not known because we don’t know what he was or wasn’t willing to pay players to come here and if they wanted to or not, but it clear we just suck. 

3 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

tbh, Ryan looks ok. Can’t help a receiver dropped the ball and another couldn’t make a play on a deep ball.  Playcalling looks to be the issue right now, like almost every year for us.

I agree on the play calling issue.  I like Reich as a HC, but I dislike him as an OC.  To me, he has to hire a real OC to take over the offensive reigns.  I’ve been of this opinion for the prior 2 years.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

As a reminder…the Colts destroyed this team twice last year giving up a total of 3 points in two games. Yet we are finding a way to get blown out by them today. 

This isn't the same team we played last year. Mills has another year of experience, they brought in some good FAs, and brought in a much better coaching staff.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, JlynRN said:

we're losing to a garbage team and we are playing down to their level.

we're not playing down to their level this is what i seen in preseason when our starting Oline was getting worked over by the 2nd string team D.

you cannot win with this Oline it's not about the wr's

and what happen to the great D we were suppose to have with the passrush?

4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Well, missed tackles can be on the players.  And Mills was thought to be pretty heady and pretty accurate when drafted.

True, but highly regarded, Superbowl winning DC should be able to create a scheme that can at least contain him, if not neutralize him.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Yes, it was much easier to read when you typed the words you were thinking lol
    • Again, I’m not saying a good D isn’t needed…well, maybe I am….  But what I’m really saying is that with a great Offensive you can win with an average Defense.   And, as to your point, I think all the teams that lost in those games you mentioned all had very good defenses.      
    • Personally I think Thomas got pressed into playing before his time. He did a few things we didn't expect initially considering his draft position. I think ideally they wanted to take their time and train him up sorta like EJ Speed then get him out there.  I'm interested to see how he regroups to be honest.
    • How bout this? Draft better and u build a play off caliber team. Ain't rocket science. 
    • Look im not gonna say Ballard haven't had his own issues, but the guy has been put in an impossible position particularly every year.   2017 - He has a lame duck for a head coach when we all knew was gonna get fired and was drafting for his scheme so I'll give him a pass.   2018 - Arguably his best draft getting two All-pros and a stalwart at RT. He gets to sign his choice of a head coach and is left at the alter at the 11th hour which in hindsight was a blessing in disguise. Drafted Tyquan Lewis, Hines, and Franklin who all have or had great years here. Andrew Luck was back and playing like an MVP.   2019 - Horrible draft. No excuses. It was his worst draft as a GM, but he did find a gem in Speed. Luck retiring a week before the season starts would put any GM in a tough spot so once again I'll give him a pass.   2020 - His second best draft getting Pittman, Taylor, and Blackmon. Signed Rivers and traded for Buckner and won 11 games. Unfortunately lost to the Bills in the playoffs.   2021 - I honestly can't tell for certain what happened in terms of QB. Ive heard Rivers was supposed to re-sign, but choice to retire. I've heard he was pushed to retirement as the colts wanted to go in a different direction which was apparently Stafford before the Rams came in last second. I heard Reich pushed hard for Wentz saying he can fix him against the wishes of Ballard. If you ask me, I think Stafford was plan A as Stafford himself said him and his wife were so convinced he was going to Indy that they started looking at homes. When that fell through, imo Reich lobbied for Wentz. Whatever it was, Wentz was the guy and the QB carousal was supposedly stopped at least we thought. A god-like season for Taylor was not enough to save Wentz from ultimately being traded and you can chalk that one on whomever Reich or Ballard depending on what story you want to believe. In terms of the draft, Paye and Dayo have been reliable players on the dline, Granson you can make an argument is our best TE, and Fries came into his own last year.   2022 - Just an overall disaster of a season. Went the bandage route again at QB trading for Matt Ryan and you can say the colts did him no favors in terms of oline protection and JT getting hurt, but that was a failed trade for a miserable season. 2022 draft is still under elevation, but Pierce and Woods did show potential as rookies and Raimann looks to be the LT of the future.   2023 - Ballard finally gets to draft a QB to tether him to and Richardson plays a grand total of 12 quarters. It just seems like Ballard can not catch a break when it comes to QBs, but from I've seen from Richardson, I have very high expectations.
  • Members

• Kyle

Kyle 228

• NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan 21,510

• DynaMike

DynaMike 162

• IinD

IinD 4,518

• Jason_

Jason_ 2,312

• Superman