Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ogletree season OVER.


adubb84
 Share

Recommended Posts

Sucks for Drew but I think the Colts are pretty high on him and will be excited to see what he has next year. This opens a roster spot for Strachan IMO.  Going to carry 6 WRs, 3 TEs, 4 RBs

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is such a shame... and especially happening to a player who seemed to be doing really well in camp and was on the path to securing a spot on the roster. Lets hope he recovers well and gets a good shot at realizing his football dreams next year... 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

To bad, he was playing well. That goes to show, a player season can end in a flash! He is now out and during 11 on 11's Patmon only has 1 reception from Ryan in 100 attempts thrown by Ryan in practices. Time to bring TY in for insurance and quit screwing around. Now we are down to 3 TE's and nobody in their right mind can think Patmon, Strachan, or Coutee are better than TY Hilton. The people that do need to get off the drugs. TY while at the end of his prime is simply better than any of those guys, he brings leadership and a good Vet to the team. I want to win, I could care less if some don't like TY.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To bad, he was playing well. That goes to show, a player season can end in a flash! He is now out and during 11 on 11's Patmon only has 1 reception from Ryan in 100 attempts thrown by Ryan in practices. Time to bring TY in for insurance and quit screwing around. Now we are down to 3 TE's and nobody in their right mind can think Patmon, Strachan, or Coutee are better than TY Hilton. The people that do need to get off the drugs. TY while at the end of his prime is simply better than any of those guys, he brings leadership and a good Vet to the team. I want to win, I could care less if some don't like TY.

While I agree with you that TY is better, I don’t think any of them are the solution for quality depth. Dulin is our #4 and probably a good talent vs expectations for that role. I expect Ballard to be looking at cuts and other options for #5. If not I expect him to roll with what we have hoping someone steps up to play the 10 snaps a game we would need from them. TY will take too many snaps from our top 3 and he won’t produce enough to justify it. If he could come off the bench and perform the same I guess maybe. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To bad, he was playing well. That goes to show, a player season can end in a flash! He is now out and during 11 on 11's Patmon only has 1 reception from Ryan in 100 attempts thrown by Ryan in practices. Time to bring TY in for insurance and quit screwing around. Now we are down to 3 TE's and nobody in their right mind can think Patmon, Strachan, or Coutee are better than TY Hilton. The people that do need to get off the drugs. TY while at the end of his prime is simply better than any of those guys, he brings leadership and a good Vet to the team. I want to win, I could care less if some don't like TY.

I think the most likely solution is a trade for Agholor or signing OBJ.  Most likely is Agholor.  I think TY would be our last option.  I think Ballard works the phone hard and finds us a veteran.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I think the most likely solution is a trade for Agholor or signing OBJ.  Most likely is Agholor.  I think TY would be our last option.  I think Ballard works the phone hard and finds us a veteran.

I am intrigued with OBJ, he should be healthy by November.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

That's sad. Maybe we see more WR sets due to this. Maybe not. 

 

More 2 RB sets flanking out Hines is what I would like, might as well put some of our best speed with JT and Hines together on the floor.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

   Injury possibilities are something we don't want to hear about.

  So, i had an injury premonition, and it was Ogletree. 

   That was the only one. lol

I just hope Campbell stays healthy. If he stays healthy he makes our offense much better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Silver lining.......Mo does Mo things........Gransen takes the step forward as the slot bully as it appears he has been doing this preseason.......Woods learns and grows into the offense this year...........then we add a studly "rookie" back into the mix next year with Ogletree!

 

The other silver lining is we only carry 3 TE's now and that allows us to keep a 6th WR or a 4th RB - whichever is more valuable roster wise.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Silver lining.......Mo does Mo things........Gransen takes the step forward as the slot bully as it appears he has been doing this preseason.......Woods learns and grows into the offense this year...........then we add a studly "rookie" back into the mix next year with Ogletree!

 

The other silver lining is we only carry 3 TE's now and that allows us to keep a 6th WR or a 4th RB - whichever is more valuable roster wise.

Kind of what I said/was thinking.....except you said it better. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Four2itus said:

He'll be back. Tough break, but ACL is not as career threatening as it used to be. As unfortunate as it is, it may pave the way for someone might have been fleeced from the P.S.

 

Hang in there young man. Stay strong and believe. 

I agree, I thought the Colts may lose him if he was put on the PS, so it may be a blessing in disguise.  Here is hoping for a speedy and effective recovery.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/17/2022 at 8:15 PM, AustinnKaine said:

That's sad. Maybe we see more WR sets due to this. Maybe not. 

I don’t know that we had many 4TE sets to be honest. I think Mo, Woods and Granson should be able to get the job done. Can always swing and extra lineman in to block if that’s the case.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...