Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Steelers new alternate uniform

MTC

Secret tactic. The uniforms are so painful to look at that they can run unopposed for TDs all day long.

I've actually bought striped shirts like that - I like a little color - but the huge white and black block numbers look like something they pin on marathon runners to identify them - but even less attractive.

He doesn't even look happy wearing it. The smirk on his face says you have got to be :censored: kidding me!

edit: My wife just came by and said they look like bumblebees!!!!!!

That was my 1st thought too. May as well add a stinger coming out their rear ends and little wings out their backs. Ridiculously stupid looking IMO. Surely the Steelers have better options to choose from, why they went with this one is beyond me.

2nd thought, Looks like a bad prison football uniform.

Secret tactic. The uniforms are so painful to look at that they can run unopposed for TDs all day long.

I've actually bought striped shirts like that - I like a little color - but the huge white and black block numbers look like something they pin on marathon runners to identify them - but even less attractive.

Peyton counters with one of these:

matt-prater25209101.jpg

Now the question is which would you rather be seen in?

Peyton counters with one of these:

matt-prater25209101.jpg

Now the question is which would you rather be seen in?

What are those - the Jets? Ugh. The first one is lousy, but these make me nauseous. I'd take the Steeler jersey, cut the threads presumably holding the numbers on, and go play Rugby.

I get the feeling that is actually the effect they are going for. I think these are supposed to be throwbacks from a time when the "jerseys" were actually just shirts and didn't have any numbers stitched on them or anything. I think they are trying to recreate the feel of numbers drawn on sheets of paper and taped to the shirt......although I can't imagine that would have held up during a football game.