Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Discussion/news of Free Agent Signings 2022

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This is why I don't ever give Ballard the benefit of the doubt. One step forward, two steps backward. Gets Yannick, and there's rumors we like Hayward for Gus Bradley's scheme, he would be a nice replacement for Rock, and he was inexpensive, and we don't get him. This was the CB that had experience with our scheme and DC already, and all he cost was money. I know Ballard normally does a bad job in FA, but this aggravates me after the trade since we could of signed him without much dropoff to Rock and would of had two players that fit Bradley's scheme, and Ballard didn't do it.

Not like Hayward is a WR where we are waiting on a QB to get offensive players. Bradley and Yannick should of been an easy sell to Hayward to come here. If we can't convince anyone to sign, this is becoming a Ballard problem and no one else. He is making this team an unattractive destination with his decisions. No QB and a cheap GM = No FA's.

Could have.  Would have.  Should have. 

If you'd rather, could've ,would've, should've.

Never Could of, would of, should of.

That said, I agree with you on Heyward.....ONLY if they don't bring someone comparable or better in and have that in the works..... No reason to take adamant stands on days three or four of FA.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

That's not the point...the point is...how will Winston play after reconstructive knee surgery,? It's an unknown.

You like Jimmy G. Who's to say he'll be ready? Jameis had surgery last year.

Plenty of guys tear knees and come back quick .

1 hour ago, philba101 said:

Wow! The Super Bowl Champion Rams are adding Allen Robinson on 3-year, $46.5 million deal. 

crap, that isn’t a bad deal at all.  Hopefully  ballard is banking on pulling OBJ away or maybe he’s thinking about the draft.  Being told this draft is deep in WRs. Wouldn’t mind grabbing another MPJ in the second round but man would’ve been happy grabbing Allen.

and we also don’t have a qb which probably dissuaded Allen if we were actually speaking with him 

24 minutes ago, DougDew said:

No.  The teams that offer a trade package start his selection process.  HOU can reject a team, like they did the Colts.  He can't pick to go to the Colts.

He doesn't pick where he wants to go.  He picks from the teams that want him.   The other team first has to want him, which is always the case in any trade...it starts with the other team wanting the player.

The teams who sent the package obviously want him.  The other 26 teams don't, with reason being a guide.

Never said anything about elite.

The Texans wouldn't grant him permission to talk to a team that didn't offer a package they would agree to trade him for. 

The refused the Colts for obvious reasons.  They didn't even get a chance to offer a trade package. 

Obviously teams with a good to great qb weren't going to be interested.    The teams that are interested have given the Texans a trade proposal they will accept.     Watson gets to choose.  

15 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

Nfl management views it as does your talent outweigh your baggage.

What do you think they decided? They are all sitting at his foot steps making offers now. If he was really a low life like that theyd be doing something else. I dont think he did much else other than sleep with a bunch of prostitutes. I know what goes on in these massage parlors out here in Houston. They made a money play on him in my opinion. You can arrest darn near the whole NFL and all of College Football for sleeping with low class women. Hes no worse than the rest of them.

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

What do you think they decided? They are all sitting at his foot steps making offers now. If he was really a low life like that theyd be doing something else. I dont think he did much else other than sleep with a bunch of prostitutes. I know what goes on in these massage parlors out here in Houston.

To be fair,   non of the girls worked on massage parlors.  They were legit independent massage therapist.    He is going to be suspended.   Only a matter of how long

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Back to my original point.  Just going by reports, he met with Cleveland.  Obviously CLE wanted him before the meeting, and the trade package was lofty, but nobody knows what was said at the meeting.  

He may still be pulling what he pulled in HOU (which everybody wants to forget about now...except me of course) and said that he loves the team, the city, everything about it, but he needs this kind of a HC and this kind of a GM.  Cleve says no.  He then rejects Cleveland, and it gets reported that Cleveland is off the list.  When in reality, Cleveland said no first. 

Nobody knows what is being said in these meetings.  He could reject any team without meeting with them, but what is said at the meetings are important, or else the two sides wouldn't have them.  

He told Cleveland he wasn't interested.   Not the other way. 

50 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I think we DO need to make the FA QB move sooner than later

makes sense for him to go to the rams.  Get paid and a chance at the sb.  Division got weaker also.  

makes me think of OBJ on the way out.  Also, not sure how hurt Winston is.  Pretty sure we’ll see the next round of qbs go once the Watson domino fall

3 hours ago, richard pallo said:

He’s a right tackle.  Would Ballard consider signing him and moving Braden to left tackle?  

IMO if they sign him(doubt it), it will be to be LT, not to move Braden to LT. Collins has experience at LT in college, but indeed he's been playing mostly RT in the league, mainly because Dallas have Tyron Smith at LT. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He told Cleveland he wasn't interested.   Not the other way. 

Yeah, sure, after they said they were not going to meet his other demands that he told them about at the meeting.  We don't know what was said at these meetings.   Watson must want to discuss something, and visa versa. Or else the meetings wouldn't happen. 

Just now, DougDew said:

Yeah, sure, after they said they were not going to meet his other demands that he told them about at the meeting.  We don't know what was said at these meetings.   Watson must want to discuss something, and visa versa. Or else the meetings wouldn't happen. 

I believe Watson is waiting just because he loves all the attention.

2 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

I don’t get the lack of movement. The overall market has been slow and the colts have not changed a thing versus previous years. I did thing CB would be a little more aggressive. Not much but a little. So far, not at all. 

I think the Watson trade has pretty much stalled FA. A lot of guys are probably waiting to see what happens when those dominos start to fall. Some guys may not want to go to a team the trades their starting QB and suddenly are part of a rebuild effort.

4 minutes ago, stitches said:

IMO if they sign him(doubt it), it will be to be LT, not to move Braden to LT. Collins has experience at LT in college, but indeed he's been playing mostly RT in the league, mainly because Dallas have Tyron Smith at LT. 

I was trying to remember if he projected well as a pro LT, but I can't remember for sure. I feel like he was projected as a top 10 or so pick before the whole murder investigation, so I want to say he was thought of as an LT.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

What demands did he make to the browns?

55 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Rivers is 4 years older and retired

Big Ben got suspended for one accusation

I think we are well past the accusation stage.  I don’t think Watson denies that the women touched him.   

The issue is was this consensual or were the women coerced?     It’s been reported that Watson offered the women $100,000 each.  18 agreed, but 4 wanted it to go to trial.  So there was no deal.   How the grand jury outcome impacts the outcome is not known.  

2 hours ago, philba101 said:

Wow! The Super Bowl Champion Rams are adding Allen Robinson on 3-year, $46.5 million deal. 

Allen Robinson is not coming to the Colts without knowing who the QB is

(I wouldnt)

Thats why I think we need to get our QB situation figured out first