Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Discussion/news of Free Agent Signings 2022


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, coltsfan_canada said:

u mean Bills

He's saying that the Jags' Kirk contract completely changed the landscape for WRs across the league and Diggs' new contract is yet another one that most likely wouldn't have been anywhere near as much if the Jags hadn't signed Kirk to such a huge contract.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, coltsfan_canada said:

u mean Bills

No, giving Christian Kirk 4yrs/$72 mill with a $21.5 mill cap hit screwed the market.  If Kirk is worth a $21 mill cap hit, diggs is worth every bit of $30 mill

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Shive said:

He's saying that the Jags' Kirk contract completely changed the landscape for WRs across the league and Diggs' new contract is yet another one that most likely wouldn't have been anywhere near as much if the Jags hadn't signed Kirk to such a huge contract.

Yes, and this to me is why Landry is still on the market. He is wanting a contract like these and teams are hesitant from the looks of it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, smittywerb said:

No, giving Christian Kirk 4yrs/$72 mill with a $21.5 mill cap hit screwed the market.  If Kirk is worth a $21 mill cap hit, diggs is worth every bit of $30 mill

 

11 hours ago, Shive said:

He's saying that the Jags' Kirk contract completely changed the landscape for WRs across the league and Diggs' new contract is yet another one that most likely wouldn't have been anywhere near as much if the Jags hadn't signed Kirk to such a huge contract.

 

Oh I thought u meant Diggs from Jags sorry.

 

I wonder how much Pittman will cost us then?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

Yes, and this to me is why Landry is still on the market. He is wanting a contract like these and teams are hesitant from the looks of it. 

You’re 100% correct.  The Colts have the largest offer on the table for Landry. However, he and his agent see Kirk’s contact, know they’ve accomplished more and are holding out as long as possible for more.  Matthieu is playing a similar game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

You’re 100% correct.  The Colts have the largest offer on the table for Landry. However, he and his agent see Kirk’s contact, know they’ve accomplished more and are holding out as long as possible for more.  Matthieu is playing a similar game. 


Sincere question:   What makes you think we’ve made any offer at all to Landry.   I’ve never seen that anywhere.   Have you read something that claims that?

 

Ive seen us connected to Mathieu and Bradberry (via trade) but not Landry at all.  What can you tell us?   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/7/2022 at 1:08 AM, NewColtsFan said:


Sincere question:   What makes you think we’ve made any offer at all to Landry.   I’ve never seen that anywhere.   Have you read something that claims that?

 

Ive seen us connected to Mathieu and Bradberry (via trade) but not Landry at all.  What can you tell us?   

Follow Shaad McGinnes , Dustin Adams, and the Blue Stable.  Dustin and Shaad have a team source. Shad’s brother coaches for the Rams. They have broke quite a few things prior to the talking heads. They’re in the loop. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I was very much against our signing Wentz and vowed to turn a blind eye to the Colts last season… I think it lasted maybe 4 weeks lol. Not only did I watch the games, I also watched Hard Knocks.  I learned that I’m all talk, I can’t back it up. I’ll bleed blue forever. Go Colts! 
    • Brooks will need a year or two.  He's got a tweener type frame. He could be a package guy on the interior if we're trying to one gap the OC, but we've got better options. IMO, he'll end up a PS guy. Johnson could end up on the PS too.    Give Brooks a year or two in a good S&C program. If he can put on some weight and add strength, I'd like his chances at depth NT.
    • Agree in general. But a lot of reviews have called out his slender bottom half. I watched some of his film, and he really struggled at times, even with LBs. 
    • Curtis Brooks has the potential to be the steal of the Draft for Colts by Jaleel Grandberry   Sixth-round pick for the Indianapolis Colts, Curtis Brooks, was impressive in his final year in college and could be the steal of the entire Draft. The 2022 draft class for the Indianapolis Colts is highlighted by the impressive offensive selections of day two. The Colts started their draft by selecting Alec Pierce, Jelani Woods, and Bernhard Raimann. While all three were great picks, and necessary, it was a selection that Indianapolis made on day three that could be the steal of the Draft. In the sixth round of the Draft, with the 216th-overall pick, Indy used its second-to-last pick to select defensive tackle Curtis Brooks out of Cincinnati. Brooks wasn’t highly ranked in the class, he was the 17th defensive tackle taken, and the second by the Colts. However, he flashed some things in college that should have fans excited about his ceiling. Curtis Brooks could be promising for Colts Brooks is just 6-foot-2 and 285 pounds but he played with a lot of explosiveness in his five years at Cincinnati. In his final season, Brooks recorded 57 tackles, 12.5 for a loss, and 7.5 sacks. On his tape, he routinely showcases explosiveness, athleticism, and a high motor as he disrupts runs and gets after the quarterback on passing plays. In addition to his film and impressive advanced stats, Brooks recorded 33 reps on the bench press, had 35.5 vertical, a 4.9 40-yard dash, and graded well in all other athletic evaluation tests. Now, Brooks gets to join a loaded Colts defense as he adjusts his tools to the professional level. He’ll be surrounded by stars and will be able to learn from the Pro Bowler, DeForest Buckner, in addition to other Indianapolis veterans. Despite going in the sixth round, it wouldn’t be a shock if Brooks becomes a really good professional player. Between his tape and his numbers, he has a pretty high ceiling. Hopefully, the Colts will help him reach that ceiling   Data on Curtis Brooks (DT, Cincinnati) from PFF Pass Rush Win Rate: 19.3% (best in class) Run Defense Stop Rate: 13.1% (best) Pass Rush grade: 90.4 (best) True Pass Set grade: 92.3 (best) True Pass Set win rate: 37%!! (best) Run Defense grade: 69.9
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...