Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Discussion/news of Free Agent Signings 2022

• NFLfan changed the title to Discussion/news of Free Agent Signings 2022
32 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

My prediction: people will complain whoever is signed as QB.  Some just have to be negative no matter what. 

I know, we could trade for Carr, sign Armstead and Robinson and there will be some on here saying Carr isn't worth it, Armstead is injury prone eventhough technically he is arguably the best LT in football, and Robinson is too expensive but yet the only good WR we have is Pittman. Yet we missed the playoffs last year so some are content with that lmao . I have patience but when you haven't won a playoff game in 4 years, something isn't right so it is time to spend some money and make key moves. In life if you don't try then you will never succeed. If we sign those guys or trade and fail, at least we tried. We are 70 Mill under the Salary Cap right, 70 Mill - time to roll the dice.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know, we could trade for Carr, sign Armstead and Robinson and there will be some on here saying Carr isn't worth it, Armstead is injury prone eventhough technically he is arguably the best LT in football, and Robinson is too expensive but yet the only good WR we have is Pittman. Yet we missed the playoffs last year so some are content with that lmao . I have patience but when you haven't won a playoff game in 4 years, something isn't right so it is time to spend some money and make key moves. In life if you don't try then you will never succeed. If we sign those guys or trade and fail, at least we tried. We are 70 Mill under the Salary Cap right, 70 Mill - time to roll the dice.

It’s gonna be hard to fill the shoes of Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck. Unless Carr or whoever we get ends up with us in the Super Bowl, most fans are gonna say whoever it is , wasn’t worth it

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am one of the most patient people in here and even have accused our fans of being spoiled but after a while losing gets old. Take some chances Ballard, that is why we got you in here. Hell Matt Ryan would give us 11 wins lmao . 

Yeah, 11 wins over 51 games

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

It’s gonna be hard to fill the shoes of Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck. Unless Carr or whoever we get ends up with us in the Super Bowl, most fans are gonna say whoever it is , wasn’t worth it

Yeah, 11 wins over 51 games

Ryan gets a raw deal, he has been one of the best QB's over the last 10 years - in the top 10 each year. He is as good as Matt Stafford is, they are pretty even. Rams put a team around Stafford and he won a SB. You are right because we had Peyton and then Andrew, everyone will look at guys like Jimmy G as average. In realithy Jimmy is actually good.

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Ryan gets a raw deal, he has been one of the best QB's over the last 10 years - in the top 10 each year. He is as good as Matt Stafford is, they are pretty even. Rams put a team around Stafford and he won a SB. You are right because we had Peyton and then Andrew, everyone will look at guys like Jimmy G as average. In realithy Jimmy is actually good.

Jimmy is above average

On a scale 1 to 10 Jimmy is 6.25

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You had me right up to the last sentence. Jimmy COULD be good, he’s slightly above average, which is where Wentz is.  The difference between the two is Jimmy doesn’t seem to crack under pressure like Wentz does. 

that said, Jimmy G can’t stay healthy. I’m not sure he’s even ever played every game of a season . Combine that with a surgery in his THROWING shoulder and we’d be better off bringing Curtis Painter out of retirement

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, csmopar said:

You had me right up to the last sentence. Jimmy COULD be good, he’s slightly above average, which is where Wentz is.  The difference between the two is Jimmy doesn’t seem to crack under pressure like Wentz does. 

that said, Jimmy G can’t stay healthy. I’m not sure he’s even ever played every game of a season . Combine that with a surgery in his THROWING shoulder and we’d be better off bringing Curtis Painter out of retirement

If I had one game to win and you gave me a choice between Jimmy or Carson, I am taking Jimmy. I have never once said that Jimmy is elite or anything but with a good roster around him he always has a chance of winning. Carson like Tannehill will just find dumb ways to lose.