Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Discussion/news of Free Agent Signings 2022

46 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

The problem with that is that Evan Engram hasn't beem an impact TE. He came in with extremely high upside, but he has only really had 1 solid season in his career so far. On the plus side, he only had 3 drops last season instead of the 8 or 11 in prior seasons.

2 minutes ago, Shive said:

The problem with that is that Evan Engram hasn't beem an impact TE. He came in with extremely high upside, but he has only really had 1 solid season in his career so far. On the plus side, he only had 3 drops last season instead of the 8 or 11 in prior seasons.

That & it makes the Kyler Granson pick questionable. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NorthernColt said:

Zadarius Smith released. I'd definitely take a chance on him coming off a surgery. Hell of a player.

By far the better of the 2 Smith's they signed in FA that year. Surprised the extension went to Preston!

4 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

My guess also.  You’re going to overpay.  We get outbidded every year

The over-bidding sets the market value. So, you're not gonna get a cheaper option by waiting for next year. The market is set and it'll go up.

You only get a cheaper option by choosing to pay for a player that hasn't yet shown that they are deserving that type of money.

I agree that if we are getting outbid for players that we may want, then Ballard needs to change his approach. However, I think it's more likeley that he hasn't even swung the bat yet.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, stitches said:

WOW! I was way too optimistic we would be able to sign him for 5-6M a year. I guess the Rams see him as their LT of the future. Good for him. 

Ugh, I was on the Notebloom train as well! 

11 minutes ago, stitches said:

That's the best paid cap space in the league! 

I think you have to pay that amount because you never know when you are going to get another chance at a cap like that.

44 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

Jags are signing Kirk. Jags get 4 impact players, we get air, like always..

they can have Kirk for 4 years and $84 million.  He was someone I wanted but not for $21 a year.

1 minute ago, smittywerb said:

they can have Kirk for 4 years and $84 million.  He was someone I wanted but not for $21 a year.

It is 'up to' but its still ridiculous. Also I imagine guarantees aren't that high. But its going to make it harder to sign any other FA WR .

1 minute ago, smittywerb said:

We say that every year and the prices keep going up. The first problem with the current strategy of CB is that we never add any impact players via FA. The second problem is those players go to our AFC competitors. Guess who are the finalists for Robinson? Kansas City and Cleveland. Cleveland is loading up....the Colts are imploding! Its not hard to predict how this is going to turn out.

5 minutes ago, philba101 said:

We say that every year and the prices keep going up. The first problem with the current strategy of CB is that we never add any impact players via FA. The second problem is those players go to our AFC competitors. Guess who are the finalists for Robinson? Kansas City and Cleveland. Cleveland is loading up....the Colts are imploding! Its not hard to predict how this is going to turn out.

i agree but you don’t give that money to THAT quality of receiver.  I don’t mind overpaying for talent that’s worth it.  But Kirk getting paid that much is a HUGE overpay.  This is one of the reasons why prices go up.

now if he doesn’t play up to $21 mill standards, we would be the first people to want the GM gone.

this is why Byron wanted Baalke GONE lol

• w87r unpinned this topic