Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Discussion/news of Free Agent Signings 2022

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Man, the Titans and Rams are not afraid of taking chances. The tide has shifted towards aggressive GMs nowadays. Woods was someone I wanted.

Both the Titans and Rams were also over the cap, yet both made some big moves. I know free agency is fools gold, but come on, at least attempt to fill some needs. Hooper gets cut, we don't even make an attempt. WR and WR gets plucked up, we hope TY will come back. And Pryor may be a very good fill-in, but if he's penciled in as the starter we're in trouble.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Ballard said he liked the WR group he has. He said he would still add competition but I think the draft is what he is looking at. Apparently he wants to keep cap room for the mid tier guys in the next two weeks. 

liking the group you have is ok, but we should always be looking to improve.  And I’m a ballard fan.  Maybe he’s banking on Parris being healthy again.  I don’t know.  Like what would a 6th round in pick 2023 would’ve costed us?

9 hours ago, smittywerb said:

liking the group you have is ok, but we should always be looking to improve.  And I’m a ballard fan.  Maybe he’s banking on Parris being healthy again.  I don’t know.  Like what would a 6th round in pick 2023 would’ve costed us?

I would have absolutely gave the 6th for Woods. He is a good WR. Ballard might have reached out who knows. We are t making many moves tho I know that. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

I would have absolutely gave the 6th for Woods. He is a good WR. Ballard might have reached out who knows. We are t making many moves tho I know that. 

I do thin MPJ is good.  I do think if he's healthy PC can become probably the best slot WR in the league, but after that...that's it.  When you compare our WR room to other teams we are definitely in the bottom.  Woods would've definitely upgraded this room and for a 6th round pick and his contract I think it would've been worth it.  Maybe Ballard has eyes on someone in the draft.  Who knows.

2 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Why not just re-sign Turay?

Injury prone and Key is starting to turn the corner.   From Turays own comments on social media he pretty much indicated he wansn't coming back to Indy. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, krunk said:

Injury prone and Key is starting to turn the corner.   From Turays own comments on social media he pretty much indicated he wansn't coming back to Indy. 

I mean the guy does have injury issues I agree. He is still young and in only 27% of snaps he had 5.5 sacks. That’s not to bad. I guess it’s a lateral move and Key hopefully stays healthy. I like it!

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Arden Key and Lewis behind Paye and Ngakoue I think would be solid.  Then Odeyinbo, Buckner and Stewart rotating on the inside.  Maybe there's room for another guy in the rotation but not sure who that is.

I want Stallworth back. That guy was solid last year. 

4 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

I mean the guy does have injury issues I agree. He is still young and in only 27% of snaps he had 5.5 sacks. That’s not to bad. I guess it’s a lateral move and Key hopefully stays healthy. I like it!

Don't we still have that young DL that we drafted?  Robert Windsor.  He may factor into the rotation though.

He was injured last year.   Nevermind looks like he is gone! my bad

6 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

I think Turay only got the 20 percent because of the injury issue.  Otherwise hed have gotten more. 

I've got to bring this up here. The bengals were in the sb last season yet just 6 weeks after the game they have admitted they actually sucked last season because they have signed 3 offensive linemen to huge contracts. And people think this Colt roster is bad??????? My gosh.

• Thanks 1

I saw that PFF has the Colts as the 2nd most improved team in the NFL right below the Broncos. For how quiet and displeased most of us have been with this FA that's pretty impressive. I would still like to grab Mathieu if the price is right and maybe OBJ/Duane Brown. Mathieu is such a polarizing player in the nfl, I believe his presence would convince some middle tier defensive players to come here for the cheap and OBJ tweeted earlier about being a fan of the Ryan trade to Colts. 

On 3/22/2022 at 6:50 PM, DeepseaColt said:

I saw that PFF has the Colts as the 2nd most improved team in the NFL right below the Broncos. For how quiet and displeased most of us have been with this FA that's pretty impressive. I would still like to grab Mathieu if the price is right and maybe OBJ/Duane Brown. Mathieu is such a polarizing player in the nfl, I believe his presence would convince some middle tier defensive players to come here for the cheap and OBJ tweeted earlier about being a fan of the Ryan trade to Colts. 

the thing about this team is that it isn’t necessarily a bad team.  We just had mediocre to bad players in the most important spots:  QB, WR, DE.  So for us, making one move is the same as another team making several moves.  

despite his shortcomings, ballard has put this team in position to make or break.  We have the qb, we have the de, now we just need that wr.  Add some depth and I think this team does better than last year. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

I don't know if this was mentioned: Stampede Blue said that DaVante Parker could be expendable and the Colts should make a move for him. That would be interesting, what would they have to give up if they wanted Parker? 

A 6th rounder I would say. 

So when do we push “ALL Chips IN”?

As a life long Colts fan and season ticket holder for the past 15yrs, I try so hard to be patient and let the process of free agency and the draft take their course without getting to high or too low.  However, this year in particular I was so excited to see our splash in free agency and see what “all chips in” really meant for the Colts.  Don’t get me wrong I love the Matt Ryan trade and some of the other small moves throughout the FA period. I just don’t see Mr. Irsay’s “All Chips In” moves.  Not to say behind the scenes we didn’t just miss, but I guess I was just expecting more.  Love to hear others thoughts.  

On 3/26/2022 at 1:01 PM, danlhart87 said:

As best as I can tell, this tweet comes from a fan with a Twitter account.   He has no sources except what is out there from other media.    He’s just a guy.   All I’m saying is don’t read too much into this.   At least, not yet. 

This New York journalist has the Colts as one of the teams inquiring about trading for CB James Bradberry.

He is due to make $13.5m this season, as part of his final year of the contract. But I’m not sure how much of that figure the Colts would have to pay if they were to trade for him.

He would be a good player to trade for. I couldn’t see Ballard trading anymore that a Day 3 pick though.

Per Sportsnaut:

"The Giants can save up to $10.1 million by trading Bradberry, but that leaves behind even more dead money on their 2022 cap number. Plus, they obviously would be losing their No. 1 cornerback.

Of course, the new regime led by general manager Joe Schoen didn’t sign Bradberry to this contract, it was Dave Gettleman who made that decision. Now, the new G-Men front office may be willing to trade Bradberry, even if it means absorbing some of his $13.5 million in base salary to get the job done, according to Jordan Raanan of ESPN."

It would be pretty unlike for CB if he gives up more than a 5th rounder PLUS we take the full 13.5 million $ for the season.

Two other things about James Bradberry is that is has 33 inch arm (96th percentile for DBs) and 15 career interceptions. So a long CB with a track record of taking the ball away is something I’m sure Chris Ballard would consider. Obviously if the price is right of course. It seems like the NY Giants are looking for a 4th rounder but they’ve only received a 5th rounder going by rumours.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

We are in a position for at least a 2 yr run with Ryan.

Bradbury is in the final year of his contract. Now we know Ballard has liked one year deals, but i bet he would like to have Bradbury for 2 years at least.

This could be part of the problem.

You just rework the deal if he's amiable.  Add some incentives maybe.  Or he might just want to stay where he is and try to get a bigger extension later.  I don't see it as a serious problem that can't be overcome.