Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Discussion/news of Free Agent Signings 2022

9 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

If we're talking pure free agents, then it's probably Adam Vinatieri.

If we include trades, then I would guess Eric Dickerson.

No trades. Just free agents. Adam is a good one but he was signed more than 10 years ago, no?

For the Vikings, one of the best was Antoine Winfield, CB, who had been drafted by the Bills but that was a little over 10 years ago. Linval Joseph was a very productive signing for us in 2014 or 2015.

For all those screaming for a WR remember Ballard said he liked their group (for the record I don’t agree with him on that opinion) so I wouldn’t be shocked if he’s not thinking about a free agent WR.  I think he feels the biggest issue with the WRs last year was the guy getting them the ball.

14 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Seriously?   Matt started 8 games here.   Why did you move the other topic here?

I was just making conversation. If you don't like it, disregard it.

As for the thread, I did not move it. It has been here all along. Next time send me a personal message. 

10 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

No trades. Just free agents. Adam is a good one but he was signed more than 10 years ago, no?

For the Vikings, one of the best was Antoine Winfield, CB, who had been drafted by the Bills but that was a little over 10 years ago. Linval Joseph was a very productive signing for us in 2014 or 2015.

Ok, here's a new candidate.  Since we obtained Adam Vinatieri over 10 years ago.

Frank Gore, 2015 to 2017

3 years, 48 games, 2953 rushing yards, 789 rec yards, 19 total TD's.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Ok, here's a new candidate.  Since we obtained Adam Vinatieri over 10 years ago.

Frank Gore, 2015 to 2017

3 years, 48 games, 2953 rushing yards, 789 rec yards, 19 total TD's.

That is a very good one. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Because the thread ran it’s course. Talking about free agency and drafts and trades are discussed here in this forum. None of its really “colts football” until they sign the dotted line.. 

man some people are so burned by the thread being moved

As I mentioned earlier, this free agency thread has been here all along.

I moved all the Rodgers and Adams comments from the Wentz Trade Thread to here. Most of the comments about Watson were moved here too. I left the comments about the Colts and any QBs that the Colts may trade for (Jimmy G, Mayfield, Ryan, and some Winston ones). 

1 hour ago, John Hammonds said:

I'm waiting for the headline that says, "Raiders pay a king's ransom for a wide receiver and a defensive end."

And yet, with well under half the cap space we have they get it done. Meanwhile, we wait for the discount bin to fill up..

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I asked a question in the other thread. Who turned out to be the most productive high-priced free agent of the Colts in the last 10 years. (Not undrafted free agents) Who seemed to have the highest return on investment?

Brandon Stokely wasn’t exactly high priced but was a big success. 

Chad Bratzke had a decent career was high priced at the time. 

Tobin brought in Wilford and Laudermilk on the down side of their careers. Wilford was the better of the two. 

Monte Reagor was similar to Autry.  Kind of unknown but blossomed in a Indy. 

plenty of high price busts though

• Like 2

8 hours ago, richard pallo said:

He’s a right tackle.  Would Ballard consider signing him and moving Braden to left tackle?  

He wouldn’t take LTs last year becayse they were short arms….  Less than 34+ inches.  And now you’re wondering about Braden and his 32 1/2 inch arms.   

18 minutes ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

Brandon Stokely wasn’t exactly high priced but was a big success. 

Chad Bratzke had a decent career was high priced at the time. 

Tobin brought in Wilford and Laudermilk on the down side of their careers. Wilford was the better of the two. 

Monte Reagor was similar to Autry.  Kind of unknown but blossomed in a Indy. 

plenty of high price busts though

Thank you. I prefer signing low-priced guys. (I think I would appreciate Ballard as GM.) 

Stokely is a good one. Chad Bratzke, that is a name I have not heard in a while. He played for the Giants. I am not familiar with Wilford or Loudermilk. I believe I remember Reagor.

I prefer trading for players, as it seems that guys who are traded pan out better.  One of your fellow Colts fans mentioned Vontae Davis. 

2 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Wasn't Jeff Saturday a free agent?

I was referring to free agent veterans. I was trying to illustrate that paying a lot for free agents that are not already part of your organization often does not work out. The Colts players acquired as free agents that have worked out well are low-priced ones. The high-priced ones have not worked out. (The return on investment has not been great.)

25 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

If we get one, Ballard gets some credit. I don't buy he'll sign any of them though. 

Would you sign Jeff Gladney? He was a first round pick. In his draft two years ago many folks here thought he would be a first or 2nd round pick. (Vikes picked him in the first round. He was cut after an off-the-field incident.)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Would you sign Jeff Gladney? He was a first round pick. In his draft two years ago many folks here thought he would be a first or 2nd round pick. (Vikes picked him in the first round. He was cut after an off-the-field incident.)

For the right price yes. I remember he was out of the league quickly for a while. I'd take a shot at him for a non-guaranteed contract that we can get out of if he has an off the field issue (not by bad performance). He'd give us a shot at possibly filling the CB void that Rock-Ya-Sin left.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

Allen Robinson is not coming to the Colts without knowing who the QB is

(I wouldnt)

Thats why I think we need to get our QB situation figured out first

No arguments here. I have been saying for days that whatever the Colts "plan" is, that they better execute it sooner rather than later. The rest of the league who already have their QB now can properly focus on the draft and the rest of FA.

• Like 1