Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Discussion/news of Free Agent Signings 2022

2 minutes ago, Shive said:

If a player is under contract with a team, they talk to another team without their team's permission, that is considered tampering. The team that owns the rights to that player has to provide permission for that player to speak to other teams. A no trade clause doesn't give a player a blanket ability to talk to any team they want at any time. It just means they control where they go and can't be traded unless it's to a team they want to be traded to.

Here is an article that painfully details how the Wilson trade went down:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/03/14/mmqb-russell-wilson-trade-negotiations-tom-brady-unretires

In short, the two GMs were the ones that had been working on a deal for a long time and once they agreed on a trade package, the Seahawks granted permission for Wilson to fly to Denver to meet with their FO.

You may be right but I am not sure because everyone is talking with everyone haha Backing Up Full Body GIF by Justin

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You may be right but I am not sure because everyone is talking with everyone haha Backing Up Full Body GIF by Justin

We're in the "legal tampering" period where teams can talk to all Unrestricted Free Agents, even though any deals agreed upon can't be finalized until the new league year (4pm on 3/16).

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Shive said:

So I was wrong in my thought. Same money, BUT:

Randy Gregory best year is 6 sacks. He gets 70 million dollars, 14 million a year.

Fans here think Kemoko Turay sucks and he got 5.5 last year playing much less snaps. 

And this is the circus you want us to invest in?

No thanks.

I want them to land a pass rusher and a LT. But if they invested 110 million dollars in Randy Gregory and Joseph Noteboom I cant say I would be too happy. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Sage from ESPN just ask Jeff Saturday who the best QB would be for us. He said Jimmy G. I guess he knows nothing either lmao . I agree with him but I would take Winston over him. Saturday said what he said for the same reasons I have been saying it. He fits our offense.

I would give a mid rounder for Jimmy but they want much more than that.

1 minute ago, GoatBeard said:

I would give a mid rounder for Jimmy but they want much more than that.

Washington's 3rd rounder would be fine with me if they are planning on Jimmy starting at least 2 years for us, good ROI. Even Washington's 3rd rounder and our next year's 3rd rounder would be fine, considering they gave up a 1st and 3rd for Wentz for 1 year. If they believe in the player, they should do the trade. If Jimmy's shoulder keeps him from playing games, they can make one of those 3rd rounders conditional too, IMO.

Just now, chad72 said:

Washington's 3rd rounder would be fine with me if they are planning on Jimmy starting at least 2 years for us, good ROI. Even Washington's 3rd rounder and our next year's 3rd rounder would be fine, considering they gave up a 1st and 3rd for Wentz for 1 year. If they believe in the player, they should do the trade. If Jimmy's shoulder keeps him from playing games, they can make one of those 3rd rounders conditional too, IMO.

I suspect Ballard would do that as well.

I just get the impression the 9ers are taking this down to the wire and there might be a team out there desperate enough to give them a 2nd.

1 minute ago, GoatBeard said:

I just get the impression the 9ers are taking this down to the wire and there might be a team out there desperate enough to give them a 2nd.

Texans are letting DeShaun Watson meet with the "49ers" who already have 2 QBs, trying to drive up the price for Watson, lol. :) 

This, despite Watson saying yes just to 2 teams - Saints and Panthers.

3 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

Are the Colts desperate. Asking for a friend.

13 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

Randy Gregory best year is 6 sacks. He gets 70 million dollars, 14 million a year.

Fans here think Kemoko Turay sucks and he got 5.5 last year playing much less snaps. 

No thanks.

I want them to land a pass rusher and a LT. But if they invested 110 million dollars in Randy Gregory and Joseph Noteboom I cant say I would be too happy. 

Sacks aren’t everything for a DE. Randy is much better in the run game 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

I liked Gregory a lot for the Colts but I knew deep down they weren’t spending that type of money on a guy with his history.  Someone must have reminded Gregory that weed is legal in Denver not Texas. 

NFL doesn’t even test for THC anymore to my knowledge. I know for a fact certain players use it

1 minute ago, runthepost said:

Sacks aren’t everything for a DE. Randy is much better in the run game 

My point is that he was severely overpaid.

If the Colts drafted Randy Gregory and got that production in return fans would call him a bust. And if we signed him, and he didnt increase his sack production, he would be called a big mistake in a year.

He isnt really any better than Kwity Paye.

This is why I prefer the draft 

21 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

No thanks.

Nobody said they wanted to bring in Randy Gregory. I'm just posting some of the deals as they've come in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2