Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Discussion/news of Free Agent Signings 2022

1 minute ago, DaColts85 said:

So if we sign Landry on some overpriced deal will some of you guys be happy. Even though he has had two consecutive down years. What splash do we need to do to please some??

If they give Landry a big contract it will turn into Colts overpaid 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I am sure colts are interested. But his price and colts not having a QB probably will kill any chance.

Yep. They even were trying to get a TE who is always injured because he came cheap.

Okay, so tell me why the Colts want to give $6 million a year to a guy they barely use in their offense (MAC) but wouldn't play $10 million to Ertz last year who logged 56 receptions, 574 yds, and 3 TD's, almost as many receptions and yards as Doyle and MAC combined. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

So if we sign Landry on some overpriced deal will some of you guys be happy. Even though he has had two consecutive down years. What splash do we need to do to please some??

Since you asked. For me Mariota (stop gap until we draft someone), and Armstead. Landry would be nice but there are others. 

Not looking for splashes. Looking for a pulse this year to help fortify the roster. Only day one but we say that every year. That’s why I think folks are upset this year. Especially with the “All In” comment by Mr Irsay. 

2 minutes ago, philba101 said:

Okay, so tell me why the Colts want to give $6 million a year to a guy they barely use in their offense (MAC) but wouldn't play $10 million to Ertz last year who logged 56 receptions, 574 yds, and 3 TD's, almost as many receptions and yards as Doyle and MAC combined. 

Well, Ertz was re-signed and never got on the market. 

1 minute ago, adubb84 said:

Since you asked. For me Mariota (stop gap until we draft someone), and Armstead. Landry would be nice but there are others. 

Not looking for splashes. Looking for a pulse this year to help fortify the roster. Only day one but we say that every year. That’s why I think folks are upset this year. Especially with the “All In” comment by Mr Irsay. 

If we sign Armstead you are getting a top tier guy. Landry is not that. 

3 minutes ago, philba101 said:

BINGO…. Makes zero sense, unless they actually plan on using him more. Who knows with Frankie 

Just now, DaColts85 said:

If we sign Armstead you are getting a top tier guy. Landry is not that. 

That’s fair. Unfortunately folks create their own perception on things that is sometimes is light years away from reality. Folks are anxious for some change (anything) especially with the starting QB getting ejected to mars. 

• Like 1

Just now, adubb84 said:

That’s fair. Unfortunately folks create their own perception on things that is sometimes is light years away from reality. Folks are anxious for some change (anything) especially with the starting QB getting ejected to mars. 

That is very true. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I am not mad he did not pull the trigger today, we can evaluate 2 weeks into free agency and see where we stand. But at the end of 2 weeks, if our cupboard has not had significant additions at say QB and/or LT and/or safety/pass catcher/pass rusher, I will start to wonder if this is a reset season.

………

Do you think Irsay will sign off on a reset season? Not opposed to it… 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

Polians teams were always at the top in passing offense because of Manning. Andrew Luck has the second highest pass yards per game in league history, trailing only Drew Brees. Having a top qb covers a lot of holes. Ballard has had one twice, Andrew Luck and Phillip Rivers, not coincidentally the 2 years he has made the playoffs. Again, I say Ballard has done an exceptional job. I don't see how it is his fault Luck suddenly retired. Ballard was dealt a very cruddy hand twice. Remember Luck didn't play in 2017 either(Ballards first year here).

Yeah, Polian made the playoffs with Kerry Collins as his QB in his 2nd year in 1996 with the Panthers and he did not have Jim Kelly with the Bills or Peyton Manning with the Colts to do that, don't tell me Kerry Collins is in the same breath as Luck or Rivers. The reason the Luck and Rivers led teams underachieved was because it was not as complete a team as it could be, even with Luck and Rivers in those playoff runs. 

Not a single year in Ballard's tenure have we finished Top 10 in pass defense, not a single year. It was his hand picked guy Eberflus that you can then deflect the blame on next. Ballard has done a good job, just not good enough and the team is still middle of the road due to talent deficiencies at key positions and the buck stops with him. I used to defend Ballard a lot early on but "look, the shine has worn off." Let us call it like it is.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, Polian made the playoffs with Kerry Collins as his QB in his 2nd year in 1996 with the Panthers and he did not have Jim Kelly with the Bills or Peyton Manning with the Colts to do that, don't tell me Kerry Collins is in the same breath as Luck or Rivers. The reason the Luck and Rivers led teams underachieved was because it was not as complete a team as it could be, even with Luck and Rivers in those playoff runs. 

Not a single year in Ballard's tenure have we finished Top 10 in pass defense, not a single year. It was his hand picked guy Eberflus that you can then deflect the blame on next. Ballard has done a good job, just not good enough and the team is still middle of the road due to talent deficiencies at key positions and the buck stops with him. I used to defend Ballard a lot early on but "look, the shine has worn off." Let us call it like it is.

Missing the playoffs more times than making the playoffs in 5+ Years is definitely mediocre at the very least.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Missing the playoffs more times than making the playoffs in 5+ Years is definitely mediocre at the very least.

Nobody who understands football counts 2017 against Ballard.   Certainly Irsay doesn’t.   That year was as much on Grigson as anyone else. 

So Ballard has made the playoffs two years out of four. 

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Wowza….   I had no idea.    Just wow. 

I’ll try to remember this for future reference. 

Holy cow.    Sad.      :facepalm: