Taylor's game winning TD

CR91

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Nope, I won't pay ESPN+ or Disney lol.

Don't like hypocrisy. 

ESPN is included in my mega Xfinity package and is more than I want to pay. I spend way too much for cable and streams.

I'd love to drop half the channels. 

Not sure how your blood could boil after a win over the Pats. I'm still hyped and trying to feel sleepy. 

You are somehow avoiding “hypocrisy?”  Yeah okay, you’ve failed.  Bring the avoidance to something important anyway.

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

You're probably right. 

But I read an interesting story in the last 10-14 days that cast at least some doubt on that. 

I’ll save it for after the season when it’s more appropriate to discuss.   I think everyone will find it interesting. 

So you read a story published mid season about a player and his future prospects with the team.  One of the key players at that, and you think that you, personally, need to sit on the knowledge of this mystery publication til years end for some odd reason? As if you read an "interesting story" that somehow no one else is likely to come across.  Lmao..... Ok.  Thank you oh wise and important arbiter of prognostication....

3 hours ago, CurBeatElite said:

In real time on TV it looked like Taylor was slowing up, like starting to jog, until he looked back and saw 27 coming full-speed after him and turned it into full gear and ran away from the guy. Very few rbs in the nfl can just run away from CBs like that. Just as impressive was he was running away from Dulin, too. Dulin is a track star.

Taylor was a track star in his own right.... Ran the 400 I believe was his event?

37 minutes ago, SchlicterSZN said:

That whole seal job and calling out the block swap to Printer by Nelson and especially Fisher, was a thing of beauty....Nelson is amazing, but Fisher was huge there in that cluster you see.....

Yes.  You can see that clearly on the replay.  The reason that JT was able to avoid Hightower was because Fisher made room towards the center of the field to give JT the space to cut to his right.

And MAC, on the right, got totally dominated by his man and was a holding flag coming until they crash into the pile, tossing MAC to the turf.

1 hour ago, SchlicterSZN said:

So you read a story published mid season about a player and his future prospects with the team.  One of the key players at that, and you think that you, personally, need to sit on the knowledge of this mystery publication til years end for some odd reason? As if you read an "interesting story" that somehow no one else is likely to come across.  Lmao..... Ok.  Thank you oh wise and important arbiter of prognostication....

The story was on ESPN-plus.   Except almost no one on this website subscribes to that.   I’m the first to even mention it.    I’m not wiser or smarter than anyone else.   Perhaps a little more curious.   

And if you’d bother to continue down scroll down you’d see that a few other posters asked about it and I gave a little more information and explained why I didn’t want to talk about it now.   It’s interesting.   It’s not life or death.   

I’m glad I’m here to provide you with entertainment.   Whenever I see that you’ve responded to me about most anything, I realize I must’ve stepped in it again, because Laughing Boy is here to tell me.  

Thanks for that.   :thmup:

That was a critical game-winning run. Even if he had not scored, the Colts would have run out the clock and won. JT should be this year's NFL MVP. Just my opinion.

@IrsaysArmy You asked me yesterday if I was a Pats fan (on the game day thread). You may have confused me with a member with a similar display name as mine. I read this person's posts in a pre-game thread and they resemble those written by Pats fans. 

30 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

That was a critical game-winning run. Even if he had not scored, the Colts would have run out the clock and won. JT should be this year's NFL MVP. Just my opinion.

@IrsaysArmy You asked me yesterday if I was a Pats fan (on the game day thread). You may have confused me with a member with a similar display name as mine. I read this person's posts in a pre-game thread and they resemble those written by Pats fans. 

I mean people can’t look at your avatar and tell who you cheer for lol

2 hours ago, Colt.45 said:

This play happens because of very many people, the left side of the line especially Fisher, then of course JT

This is a fantastic breakdown by Schwartz!   As a former OL himself, he appreciates what he sees.   

A strong recommend for those who love great OL play.   It’ll be the best 3 and a half minutes of your day!!

Thanks to @Colt .45 for posting this!

There was an "Let's go Pats" chant going and then BOOM!, JT breaks that big run. Pats fans up around me were talking all kinds of trash about they were gonna come back and win the game. Immediately after that run, they all got up and walked out full of shame. I went to the game with my friend who is a Pats fan and he was soooo *. LMAO. 

Loudest I've ever head LOS. It was an amazing atmosphere.

3 hours ago, Colt.45 said:

This play happens because of very many people, the left side of the line especially Fisher, then of course JT

Great breakdown but I can’t stop wondering is the pointer he’s using the back of a spoon? or fork?  Not a knife right?  I need to know. Lol. 

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

This is a fantastic breakdown by Schwartz!   As a former OL himself, he appreciates what he sees.   

A strong recommend for those who love great OL play.   It’ll be the best 3 and a half minutes of your day!!

Thanks to @Colt .45 for posting this!

Kudos to @Four2itus for finding this vid, i just shared what he originally posted.

It's not even an all22 but it's so clearly broken down by someone who knows what he's talking about....total team effort

2 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

Kudos to @Four2itus for finding this vid, i just shared what he originally posted.

It's not even an all22 but it's so clearly broken down by someone who knows what he's talking about....total team effort

Whoops!   My bad!

I saw your post before I saw his thread!!   My apology to @Four2itus.   Didn’t mean to steal your thunder!  

1 hour ago, landrus13 said:

There was an "Let's go Pats" chant going and then BOOM!, JT breaks that big run. Pats fans up around me were talking all kinds of trash about they were gonna come back and win the game. Immediately after that run, they all got up and walked out full of shame. I went to the game with my friend who is a Pats fan and he was soooo *. LMAO. 

Loudest I've ever head LOS. It was an amazing atmosphere.

No bigger jerks on the planet than Pats fans.

4 hours ago, CurBeatElite said:

Yes he was a track star... but he also had 28 tough carries before that one and was out running people while he had a ball in his hand.

I noticed he slowed down for a second too. I think for a split second he thought about just going down inbounds to run out the clock. Im glad he took it in and kept his consecutive games with a TD going. 

14 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I doubt it.  This game had two things the Raiders game won’t.  Primetime and the Pats.  The fans wanted this one bad and it showed.  You just can’t generate that kind of passion every week.  I am sure the fans will be loud in the Raiders game don’t get me wrong like I said earlier this might be the loudest I ever remember LOS being.

Ya not like this, but still loud like it has been most of this season I mean. It is really the loudest season I have seen for games

15 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:
 until you bring the Pats into that stadium and then no fan base hates another team that much in the NFL.  

That's the way it's supposed to be...the way it was in the past.

Once it became 'public knowledge ' that someone was Bad or a cheat etc.... the people started hating them.

Now it's Different.....except in Lucas Oil Stadium  :D

On 12/19/2021 at 9:06 AM, fatboy said:

You are somehow avoiding “hypocrisy?”  Yeah okay, you’ve failed.  Bring the avoidance to something important anyway.

I let my wallet talk, unlike most who feign outrage over stuff. The NBA used to get min a couple thousand a year from me in games, packages, gear. Zero now. I try my best to buy American made too. 

On 12/19/2021 at 1:17 AM, GoColts8818 said:

I’ll be honest that was aloud as I’ve heard LOS stadium on TV.  That was some flash backs to the RCA Dome noise levels.  

Early during the TV broadcast, the two announcers were on camera -- LOS was so loud, I saw their lips moving, but couldn't really hear anything they said.  Colts fans definitely brought it Saturday night.

On 12/20/2021 at 9:05 AM, bleevit said:

The thing that makes JT's touchdown runs so amazing is that when he breaks clear you just know he's not going to be caught. That lets you REALLY enjoy it. He's a flat out rocket.

What’s really amazing is he played all but one snap and his legs were still that fresh at the end of the game. 

Was everyone just waiting on the flag on that play. JT busted that so open I thought god sure there would be a holding call.

IMO, the Colts tore the heart out of the Patriots and I could not be more over joyed.  What a beat down by Taylor and the Oline. Mac Jones said after the game that the Patriots lacked energy in practice and had bad practices as a result. Wonder if Bill is losing his touch as that is rare to see the Patriots get beat so bad after the bye with the top seed in hand.  I think the Bills are going to go in there and wax them on Sunday. Weather forecast is calling for 40 degrees with low wind so Allen should be able to carve them up.  Wonder if Bill lets Jones throw more than 3 passes this time?  Ha,ha

On 12/19/2021 at 3:03 PM, throwing BBZ said:

Q did a very important thing by turning his man inside.

Replay shows it was Fisher that made the hole wide enough for Taylor to get through.

Yes, Fisher is responsible for that run.   JT ran through a big hole and made one slight cut to the big area Fisher made.

Keeping it real, and I'll get roasted for this, Donald Brown could have made that run. 

I don't think Brown was quite as fast as JT and may not have scored (he was probably just as comparably faster than the DBs were back then), but it would have sealed the game with a big FD deep into NE side of the field.

A random thought about JT come contract time, which is often about replacements or alternatives.  @NewColtsFan

I love JT.  He needs 20 touches per game, IMo, but I also do not want to wear him out or get beat up.  He's a big play RB that needs to stay relatively fresh for his big play opportunities.  Great guy it seems like too.

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

Keeping it real, and I'll get roasted for this, Donald Brown could have made that run. 

I don't think Brown was quite as fast as JT and may not have scored (he was probably just as comparably faster than the DBs were back then), but it would have sealed the game with a big FD deep into NE side of the field.

Probably because NE was ganging up on the run but one thing about Donald Brown is that while he was a north south runner, his vision was not stellar, good enough but not stellar. JT's vision between Year 1 and Year 2 is night and day. RBs often have to make quick snap decisions. Both Hightower and McCourty ended up crashing the wrong side of the gap because they were making quick snap decisions too and JT had the vision to go the right crease reactively, something I am not so sure Donald Brown would have done. If your point is "most RBs are dependent on the OL", yes that is a valid point. That goes without saying.

However, I see an enormous jump in vision for JT with his cuts that I did not see with Donald Brown across the years. However, DB was involved in "Godda**** Donald" comment from Peyton when he blew a blitz pickup and his infamous goal line fumble that led to the famous Luck fumble recovery followed by that Superman TD. Donald ran into his OL more often than not as years went on too. So, no, there is no guarantee DB would have had the vision to do so.

Archived