Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ 49ers, October 24, 2021, 8:20PM ET

NFLfan

18 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

My narrative is points are important and we need to stop giving them away. We arent good at 2pt conversions. Period. 

My new narrative is to not use the word narrative.

Remember when “seminole” was the  “new hot” word?

10 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

This is like coaching 101.  It’s not even about being aggressive.  It’s just not smart football.

I think there are a lot of people that look at a probability sheet and think just because it says you have a 60% chance of making it, based on a sea of data, then you should just go for it.

Thats ridiculous and has no context IMO.

You have to know your team. We are not good in these situations. To ignore that and make decisions based off probability, is asking for trouble.

I am a firm believer you take the points until you need more. Then you take a chance. 

5 minutes left, up by 8.....sure.

5 minutes left, down by 9......of course.

5 minutes left, up by 1......sure.

5 minutes left down by 2.....of course.

But in the 2nd or 3rd quarter, if you dont get it it can totally change the dynamics of the game. 

Now if San Fran scores a TD, they can go for 2 and go up 7, forcing us to score a TD to tie. If we went for 1, we need a TD to win instead.

We just scored...... Should be up 2 scores. But we left the window open and its still a 1 score game. 

Its simply what I like to call "outsmarting yourself".

• Like 4

1 minute ago, WoolMagnet said:

My new narrative is to not use the word narrative.

Remember when “seminole” was the  “new hot” word?

I am with you.

Anytime somebody disagrees with you its a "narrative" now. 

Narrative - a spoken or written account of connected events.

Yeah that applies to everything people lol

• Nadine locked and unpinned this topic
This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Jax is not horrible with Pederson, but he's a shiny toy now... They lost to a bad team (WA), beat a poor playing Indy, and beat a team with injured QB.  Their improved power rank... is a paper tiger at this point. I think Philly is a bit paper tiger-ish.  They should do good first half of season. Poor SoS... but when they play KC... KC beats them by 14 or more, I'd bet. 
    • We only had a LT problem one year. Last year with Fisher. Overall, bad gamble by Ballard. Bringing a guy that was recovering (injury), but was also known for skates. Many hated the addition (before season). Good move picking up Pryor last year. Should have made move earlier (replacing Fisher).    Pryor so far...  G1 - did well vs one of the best DEs last season (Greenard) G2 - meh G3 - did well vs one of best pressuring Ds in NFL.    Totally a pleasant surprise.    Right now.... Replace Pinter, or move to C Put foot in Smith's bottom. Try Dennis Kelly or Raimann on right side.   Fire Strausser.   
    • yep, if you're gonna gamble, gotta automatically assume that money is gone, instantly. not sure what the rules are on this board about discussing gambling... just gotta hope the colts win tomorrow. really big game in terms of division standing, and will have a very big impact on end of the year. 
    • they need to start actually handing it to campbell when he runs those fake jet sweeps. i was watching and the defense barely moves at all, because we haven't given it to him once !
    • Yup. Great scrambler, but totally uninterested in running unless it's needed.  Checked RAS on agility numbers. Great stuff (agility), while 40 is totally meh.  His short shuttle is probably better than our DBs (most).
  • Members

• Shoeman

Shoeman 1

Rookie
    • Virtuoso80

Virtuoso80 303

• CurBeatElite

CurBeatElite 1,694

• CR91

CR91 10,007

• Boss7894

Boss7894 89