Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ 49ers, October 24, 2021, 8:20PM ET


NFLfan
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, Zoltan said:

hopefully not, we need to keep this rain going to help our secondary

 

We will have to agree to disagree but 2 point lead doesn't help you much when their kicker is making it from 50+

You cant assume the scoring is done. If we score another TD, it is still a 1 score game now. 

 

Do you realize how horrible we are on the goaline? Dont you think you ahould factor in that we are awful in those situations? Everytime we are down therez its a struggle.

 

You do it if you are actually good at it. And we arent. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Zoltan said:

hopefully not, we need to keep this rain going to help our secondary

 

We will have to agree to disagree but 2 point lead doesn't help you much when their kicker is making it from 50+

But its not a 2 point lead.... later. Its a combo of 3s and 6s and 7s that always seems to work out to a point..... literally 1 point.... very often.  Im not upset about it, i just kinda now expect we’ll need that one later.  Hey, i hope i’m wrong... my ego can certainly handle it.  But lets see what happens.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Zoltan said:


It was the right move to try to go up 3.

Too early to chase points.  You kick the xtra point there. You can go for 2 later if necessary. Especially given the Niners already missed one of theirs earlier.  Now we are in the same boat. Given these conditions...points are at a premium. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GoatBeard said:

You cant assume the scoring is done. If we score another TD, it is still a 1 score game now. 

 

Do you realize how horrible we are on the goaline? Dont you think you ahould factor in that we are awful in those situations? Everytime we are down therez its a struggle.

 

You do it if you are actually good at it. And we arent. 

 

You can't assume more points will be scored, you use hindsight way too much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This already screwed us against the Ravens. We went for 2 to make it a 21 point lead. There was a lot of football left. If we had just took the XP, they need a whole other possession to win the game. We never go to OT and win the game despite our 2nd half collapse.

 

You go for it when you need to. Late in the game. Until then you collect as many points as you can. 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

This already screwed us against the Ravens. We went for 2 to make it a 21 point lead. There was a lot of football left. If we had just took the XP, they need a whole other possession to win the game. We never go to OT and win the game despite our 2nd half collapse.

 

You go for it when you need to. Late in the game. Until then you collect as many points as you can. 

 

 

Poor comparison the reason we went for two in that game was because our kicker was hurt in that game, and way to not mention the missed kicks and the blocked kick because it doesn't fit your narrative.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Nadine locked and unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...