Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ 49ers, October 24, 2021, 8:20PM ET

NFLfan

1 minute ago, Les Poulains said:

I think you got your answer. If he can't catch a floater in this weather, he probably can't catch a punt either.

a floater on the run, at least to me, is a lot more difficult than catching a punt that you watch the whole time and can FC...

but yup, I feel ya lol...

not making the extension look so great so far this year.... 

9 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Rain seems like it is coming down harder. 

Terrible. We had them backed up. Maybe worried about fumbling a wet ball.

Yeah. It is too bad because Colts would have had decent field position. Then he did not catch that pass. :(

Just now, chad72 said:

How’s the momentum of the ball taking it into the end zone if Aiyuk doesn’t touch it? The basic premise of the ruling is flawed

Right? It should at worst be down where he first TOUCHED the ball. How do they get the ball at the 20 yard line?

what stops teams from kicking the ball through the back of the end zone in the future for a touchback?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

I think that sideline pass was kind of a floater.  Needed way more zip on it.  

there were two sideline balls that were questionable (I should have been specific). 

the left sideline was great closing by the DB, the one of the right was bad.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• You might want to cover your eyes whenever we're on offense. The QB runs aren't going away anytime soon...
    • Got it. I agree with your concerns on Coleman. He was actually more productive at Michigan State. His stats aren't impressive at either school.   He has some crazy highlights. His ability to high point the ball is eye popping, and he does well in contested situations. But the more I've watched him, the more I start putting him in the N'Keal Harry category. Coleman is probably more athletic, but he's not a burner, and not overly quick. Maybe the reason we see all these contested catches is because he's not getting a lot of separation. And that's not going to get better in the NFL. I know he was the punt returner and showed some wiggle at times, he's obviously tough and physical, but I'm not blown away by him. And I could be seeing it wrong, maybe he's more explosive than I think, but I'm skeptical for right now.   To the BPA point, I think we have a ton of needs. Our roster has a lot of players that I would call adequate, but I would not hesitate to upgrade their spots. Everyone sees WR and TE as a need, but I think we could consider OL a serious need, depending on how you see certain players (C/RG/RT). And pretty much every position on defense is a need. There's going to be some separation among prospects in the 10-20 range, and there's still positional value to consider, but outside of QB and RB, every other position qualifies as a need, IMO. And like you said, the way it looks right now, we'll probably have a lot of similarly rated defensive players to choose from, at different positions.
    • 1987 Colts finally made a splash 1995 catch the ball, Aaron Bailey 2006 Indianapolis finally has a champion 2009 Hank Baskett  catch the ball 2012 luck brings us new Hope 2014 Absolutely magical cardiac kids again 2020  Rivers, Pittman, Taylor, Rogers Leonard 2023 Finally, hope once again appears
    • Don't forget, the current LB's are poor in coverage, which are routes that open up quickly, thus reducing the pressure the DL gets. Teams have feasted on the Colts middle of the field 5-20 yard routes for a few years now, longer drives, less pressure, simple play action and another first down, 
    • I think this is a legit point. We have seen plenty of teams with one good receiving option, and they just feed the #1 guy, and everyone else gets scraps. To put up 1,200 yards and 17 TDs, there's some talent on display. Just look at how he beats defenders in the red zone.   But like everything else, it needs to be contextualized, and the best way to do that is to watch them play. If Nabers is getting bracketed and Thomas is working against backup level defenders, that definitely needs to be acknowledged in the evaluation. But more likely, he's facing the same coverages as everyone else, including Nabers, and is still putting up numbers. Plus the traits are obvious, and even though I gravitate more toward technically proficient WRs, you still need pro level traits to have a chance in the NFL. We'll see where Thomas' traits line up after the Combine.
  • Members