Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rgiii Said "no" To Private Workout For The Colts

I did comment yesterday that I felt RGIII was purposely trying to avoid being drafted by the Colts. Not having a private workout for the Colts all but assures he won't be drafted by the Colts. I love it! I didn't want him in Indy anyways as I think he will be RG Leaf. He must feel Washington is a much better fit. Fine. Take him!!!!!

Ryan Leaf also felt San Diego was a better fit so blew off a Colt meeting.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just funny how people get on here and make their assumptions. If Luck said he wasn't going to workout for any team then everyone on here would say that he doesn't need to and has nothing to gain from it. RGIII says that he isn't going to workout for any team then he has an attitude problem.

It is very possible that RGIII's agent said no to the date and time the Irsay wanted to him to workout.

If it is true that RGIII prefers the Redskins, I don't blame him. He would be going into a better situation than he would have with the rebuilding Colts. Redskins have a good defense and are a franchise QB away from being good again.

No, if Luck wouldnt work out for the Colts..I'd say he has an ego problem, too...

The Colts have the No.1 overall pick..

If I was a high school senior..I'd work out for the team that had the No.1 overall pick in the NFL draft.

Come on. You would, too.

I did comment yesterday that I felt RGIII was purposely trying to avoid being drafted by the Colts. Not having a private workout for the Colts all but assures he won't be drafted by the Colts. I love it! I didn't want him in Indy anyways as I think he will be RG Leaf. He must feel Washington is a much better fit. Fine. Take him!!!!!

Ryan Leaf also felt San Diego was a better fit so blew off a Colt meeting.

Wow. Just wow.

Some people are saying that RGIII is not holding private workouts for any team. However, there are reports that both Luck and RGIII will hold private workouts for the Vikings. If this is true and RGIII will hold workouts for the Vikings and not the Colts, then he's making this really easy for Irsay.

People are actually mad at RG3 for this? Do we actually believe Irsay is going to take anyone but Andrew Luck? Irsay has drooled over him since the moment he declared. The only reason why Irsay is trying to throw RG3's name in there now is to have some leverage against Luck's agent when it comes to money. You are not cutting Peyton Manning and go into the draft and not know who you are replacing him with.

The agent just does not want his guy used as a pawn for Irsay and Grigson to have some leverage against Luck's agent.

Either that or Irsay is trying to play hardball with he Skins and scare them into trading up to the first to draft RG3

I believe that Luck was always the pick, however you have to remember that Grigson loves albeit black athletic QB's. He was a huge part of the Eagles drafting Mcnabb, going after Vick and making Vince Young Vicks back-up. Luck, football aspects aside seems like a no brainer for the Colts as well as the kid personally. from a marketing standpoint this kid was never going to turn down the Colts as his last name solidified with the horseshoe has big dollar signs written all over it. I truly want Luck however I must say that RG3 is enticing. What if history is repeating itself Like manning/leaf only this time reversed. In any event if Luck becomes our next Colts QB than I think it's safe to say that our beloved chant should become " Captain CaveMaaaaaaaaaaaaN!! Ha!!

Sorry, I prefer Andrew Luck too..... but that narrative about Ryan Grigson is highly inaccurate.

Grigson was a Rams scout when Donovan McNabb was drafted.

And he never truly reached the top of the Eagles food chain when it came to selecting or signing Eagles QBs. At least not those three guys. Owner Jefferey Lurie, GM Joe Banner and Andy Reid had far more input into Eagles QB decisions during Grigson's tenure in Philly.

Grigson was still the Eagles Director of College Scouting when Michael Vick was signed.... and that very controversial decision was, needless to say, well above his pay grade.

I suspect that Lurie, Banner and Reid had to sign off on Vince Young as well... the only one of the three that Grigson was on board as Director of Player Personnel at the time of his signing.

In fact, one could make the argument that the Eagles QB that Grigson's fingerprints could be found on the most would be none other than Kevin Kolb.... who like RGIII, was another "spread system" hot shot in college.

I trust he learned his lesson about "spread" QBs.

In other words, RGIII would rather be a Redskin.

I think this is more evidence of his immaturity. He obviously feels jilted because of the way that Irsay has swooned over Luck. I'm tellin ya, this kid is going to become a hot potato and if I was Shanny, I'd be raising an eyebrow at this.

Sorry, I prefer Andrew Luck too..... but that narrative about Ryan Grigson is highly inaccurate.

Grigson was a Rams scout when Donovan McNabb was drafted.

And he never truly reached the top of the Eagles food chain when it came to selecting or signing Eagles QBs. At least not those three guys. Owner Jefferey Lurie, GM Joe Banner and Andy Reid had far more input into Eagles QB decisions during Grigson's tenure in Philly.

Grigson was still the Eagles Director of College Scouting when Michael Vick was signed.... and that very controversial decision was, needless to say, well above his pay grade.

I suspect that Lurie, Banner and Reid had to sign off on Vince Young as well... the only one of the three that Grigson was on board as Director of Player Personnel at the time of his signing.

In fact, one could make the argument that the Eagles QB that Grigson's fingerprints could be found on the most would be none other than Kevin Kolb.... who like RGIII, was another "spread system" hot shot in college.

I trust he learned his lesson about "spread" QBs.

I stand corrected sir. :)

I think this is more evidence of his immaturity. He obviously feels jilted because of the way that Irsay has swooned over Luck. I'm tellin ya, this kid is going to become a hot potato and if I was Shanny, I'd be raising an eyebrow at this.

I agree.

There is a big difference between the attitude that produce this quote:

"

If they ask for more or need more, I’ll be happy to oblige.”

and the attitude that refuses the private workout request.

Here's the eyebrows.... he's gonna drive Shanahan "psycho".....

imagesqtbnANd9GcTIWgqcinWFuEZ2Ih09SIEJLPvD62Tbi_bxetYnknPuoWNhcslRHA-1.jpg

In addition, consider that the highest rated draft prospect has the power, more than any other draft prospect, to refuse private workouts with teams.

Luck, being the #1 consensus pick, agrees to private workouts. What does this tell you about the #2 who refuses? IMO, red flags indeed, more on character and attitude than anything else.

I think its a pretty safe bet he isnt, I obviously dont know anything beyond the statement on Twitter Jim Irsay put out, but Id like to know why his agent said no, My guess and its only a guess is that RGIII and Washington hit it off

It's just funny how people get on here and make their assumptions. If Luck said he wasn't going to workout for any team then everyone on here would say that he doesn't need to and has nothing to gain from it. RGIII says that he isn't going to workout for any team then he has an attitude problem.

"it's just funny how people get on here and make their assumptions"

"IF Luck said..."

Hilarious.

Hello can you hear me up there on the pedestal. Hello *echo* hellohellohello

I will never believe another word out of Irsay's mouth as long as I live. I would like to see proof that RG3's agent said no. If someone has it I would appreciate it.

I'd love to play poker with Irsay. He has so many tells, it would be hard to lose.

He'd tweet that he needs a 8 for a Q/8 full boat.

Of course they do but people are reacting to twitter Jim's tweet as he rejected the Colts. He is not doing a private workout for anyone.

But that's the problem. This move just makes it look like the kid thinks he has nothing left to prove. He's got EVERYTHING to prove... he hasn't played a down in the NFL yet.

Saying no to all teams doesn't mean that much as realistically only two teams will draft him. If we actually asked and were flexible within reason as to when to carry out the workout it's a bit strange to say no unless he has no intention of playing for the Colts.

I still think we're drafting Luck but would have been a double check to work both out. Hmm has there been any comment on this by the RG3 camp?

But that's the problem. This move just makes it look like the kid thinks he has nothing left to prove. He's got EVERYTHING to prove... he hasn't played a down in the NFL yet.

A private workout really makes that much of a factor? I would think the pro day, 1000 plus hours of scouting, film watching, talking to coaches, etc, factor in more.

Irsay tweeted this:

@JimIrsay: A Luck private workout 2day..we want 2b as thorough n disciplined n process of #1 pick..we wanted 2do private with RG3,but his agent said no

Im glad because i dont want RG3 anyway. I like Luck wayyyy more!

A private workout really makes that much of a factor? I would think the pro day, 1000 plus hours of scouting, film watching, talking to coaches, etc, factor in more.

Not knowing in depth what they can or can't do at a workout I can't comment for sure but I'd imagine it gives them a chance to work him out on things they want to cover. Everything above barring the coach interviews, albeit very important, is watching situations not set by the team. I'd imagine they'd see how he reacts to the proposed play styles they have in mind and whether it's a fit or not?

Either way I think it's an odd choice.

Sure, but here's a chance for the kid to show professional courtesy and do everything necessary to solidify his stock, yet he refused and it seems apparent to me as to why. He extended a warm middle finger to the Colts organization for making their intent to draft Luck known.

....and to whomever above said he was better off going to Washington ....lol

They've been rebuilding for longer than I can remember.

No, a private workout doesn't really mean very much. For all we know the private workout may only consist of 1 or 2 squat-thrusts.

What is more important and very telling, is the willingness to do a private workout by the consensus overall #1 draft pick, compared to the unwillingness of #2.

We're not talking about evaluating the kid. We're talking about what this move says about his attitude/ego.