Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rgiii Said "no" To Private Workout For The Colts

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's awfully curious, and telling (?).

He's signing Redskins gear and his agent is telling us 'no' to a workout?

Something to hide or nothing to gain?

He's happy to come here and learn behind Peyton, but if Peyton's not here neither is he?

His agent said 'no'??

He needs to fire that son of a gun

Possibility 1: Assume his agent believes 100% we're not going to pick him. By showing no interest in the Colts, RGIII has 'control' of the situation by effectively telling the Colts that he doesn't to be drafted by them and wants to be a Redskin, even though that is exactly what will happen anyway.

Possibility 2: Irsay wants to take Luck and wants to save face if it's the wrong choice.

Possibility 3: Both parties can 'win' if they work together to do both 1 and 2.

Possibility 1: Assume his agent believes 100% we're not going to pick him. By showing no interest in the Colts, RGIII has 'control' of the situation by effectively telling the Colts that he doesn't to be drafted by them and wants to be a Redskin, even though that is exactly what will happen anyway.

Possibility 2: Irsay wants to take Luck and wants to save face if it's the wrong choice.

I think your exactly right it's one of the two. He knows either the Colts already made there decision with Luck or it's Irsay saying this so if Luck busts (dont think it's gonna happen) or RG3 ends up being the better player he has a built in excuse. "well we drafted Luck because he Rg3 didn't want to be here"

Luck has always been the pick. Some eye wandering for RG3 was not going to change a ton IMO but maybe Griffin did not want to be flirted with since he always knew it was Luck going #1.

In some ways this sounded a bit like a competition for RG3. He said a while back he wanted to unseat Luck as the first pick. I think that might be over now.

Good investigative analysis.....

You could get a job right next to Abby on NCIS...

Luck has always been the pick. Some eye wandering for RG3 was not going to change a ton IMO but maybe Griffin did not want to be flirted with since he always knew it was Luck going #1.

In some ways this sounded a bit like a competition for RG3. He said a while back he wanted to unseat Luck as the first pick. I think that might be over now.

accurate assessment IMO

I wonder why he won't work out then if true. Seems a bit odd for him and his agent. Not a great move IMO.

He has nothing to gain.. The Colts are taking Luck, the skins will take him #2, unless he is injured between now and the draft

I wonder why he won't work out then if true. Seems a bit odd for him and his agent. Not a great move IMO.

I agree. He won't work out for any team. If RG3 truly believes the colts might take him & wants to be the #1 pick like he said last night, then he should accommodate the request.

One other thought. He said no to all teams because he wanted them at the Baylor pro day so his teammates got as much exposure as possible.

Would you if you knew for a fact that the team already made up they're mind? It's a waste of time in my opinion if he knows they are taking Luck.

The fact they asked shows it's not a foregone conclusion...

Would you if you knew for a fact that the team already made up they're mind? It's a waste of time in my opinion if he knows they are taking Luck.

There isn't a player in the draft who can't learn something from all the coaches and personnel people at the combine through the pro days through the individual workouts. To me, RG3 declining any private workout is a huge red flag. Any time any of these kids can spend time around NFL people should be viewed as an opportunity to get better, get prepared for playing in the NFL. Saying no thanks to those chances I think is bad business. Arians coached Manning and Big Ben. You'd think a kid who wants to be a great NFL QB might want to spend some time with the guy who coached PM and Ben at the least.

The fact they asked shows it's not a foregone conclusion...

Thats not true at all. know a media member that covers the skins and was with snyder and Allen at RG3's proday. He was told the Colts told the Redskins they will get they're man in RG3. I really think it's Irsay covering his butt with the fan base. And why is Irsay tweeting that kind of business shouldnt that be kept private? Like I said he leaked it for a reason.

I believe that Luck was always the pick, however you have to remember that Grigson loves albeit black athletic QB's. He was a huge part of the Eagles drafting Mcnabb, going after Vick and making Vince Young Vicks back-up. Luck, football aspects aside seems like a no brainer for the Colts as well as the kid personally. from a marketing standpoint this kid was never going to turn down the Colts as his last name solidified with the horseshoe has big dollar signs written all over it. I truly want Luck however I must say that RG3 is enticing. What if history is repeating itself Like manning/leaf only this time reversed. In any event if Luck becomes our next Colts QB than I think it's safe to say that our beloved chant should become " Captain CaveMaaaaaaaaaaaaN!! Ha!!

I sure would...because you cant know anything for a fact.......Its the No.1 overall pick......

Id work out in the dark if they asked..

I believe that Luck was always the pick, however you have to remember that Grigson loves albeit black athletic QB's. He was a huge part of the Eagles drafting Mcnabb, going after Vick and making Vince Young Vicks back-up. Luck, football aspects aside seems like a no brainer for the Colts as well as the kid personally. from a marketing standpoint this kid was never going to turn down the Colts as his last name solidified with the horseshoe has big dollar signs written all over it. I truly want Luck however I must say that RG3 is enticing. What if history is repeating itself Like manning/leaf only this time reversed. In any event if Luck becomes our next Colts QB than I think it's safe to say that our beloved chant should become " Captain CaveMaaaaaaaaaaaaN!! Ha!!

It is so much destiny it's not even funny.

And as silly as Irsay sometimes seems, you can bet he has thought of this. L :blueshoe: CK

Seems like an attitude problem that we do not need on our team. It would be bad on a solid team, let alone, a team that is rebuilding. I would take my cues from Dan Snyder. If that guy wants a player, we DON'T want him. Take a look at the Redskins the past decade. The only thing Snyder has done effectively, is take a crap on his team. Every decision has blown up in his face. I say let them have RG3 and be mediocre to sub-par for another 4 to 5 years.

I'm actually happy this happened. I don't want to question the fact that we may be drafting RG3. I think they both, Luck and RG3, will be good, and both fit the systems better, Luck-colts, RG3-redskins. Mike Shanahan will love to work with RG and Luck has been called many times "the next Manning" even before the Colts had the 1st pick. I'm extremely excited to see the new Colts team next year with Luck. I was getting worried of the chance that we may pick RG instead, but this pretty much rests that worry(I hope lol).

And that mark, is why we love you. :) True team player.

I'm a company man!!!

But seriously....If Jim 'Mr Big Bucks' Irsay who tthrows around $28 and $19 mil contracts..

......and the new coach and GM of the Colts (who held the No.1 overall pick)

asked me to come to Indy for a private workout....or said they'd fly in to watch me work

How much of a problem is that for me??

I'd be flattered....and you never know what the future holds....

In six years.. I may be asking to see them.

Seems like an attitude problem that we do not need on our team. It would be bad on a solid team, let alone, a team that is rebuilding. I would take my cues from Dan Snyder. If that guy wants a player, we DON'T want him. Take a look at the Redskins the past decade. The only thing Snyder has done effectively, is take a crap on his team. Every decision has blown up in his face. I say let them have RG3 and be mediocre to sub-par for another 4 to 5 years.

Sounds like sour grapes for poor and weak reasons, you're getting your QB and it looks like my team is getting ours. The Redskins aren't world beaters but based on the acquisitions over the last 2 years, we've been steadily progressing.

I'm glad we're getting RGIII, he's a much better fit for our WC offense and IMO has a higher ceiling with our team.

It's just funny how people get on here and make their assumptions. If Luck said he wasn't going to workout for any team then everyone on here would say that he doesn't need to and has nothing to gain from it. RGIII says that he isn't going to workout for any team then he has an attitude problem.

It is very possible that RGIII's agent said no to the date and time the Irsay wanted to him to workout.

If it is true that RGIII prefers the Redskins, I don't blame him. He would be going into a better situation than he would have with the rebuilding Colts. Redskins have a good defense and are a franchise QB away from being good again.