Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Run The Damn Ball

danlhart87

2 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

Big Q recently talked about how unhappy he is with himself and the rest of the OL this year...wonder if it’s them or the coaching. Either way, we should run JT and Hines at least 50% of the snaps this week

if Taylor has less than 15 attempts ill be very disappointed 

12 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

Big Q recently talked about how unhappy he is with himself and the rest of the OL this year...wonder if it’s them or the coaching. Either way, we should run JT and Hines at least 50% of the snaps this week

It depends on how game goes. If we're not effective running we'll be punting alot. And if Watson is Hot, like he's been lately,  we'll need to score TD's to keep pace.

2 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

It depends on how game goes. If we're not effective running we'll be punting alot. And if Watson is Hot, like he's been lately,  we'll need to score TD's to keep pace.

Cant punt when we don’t have a punter....

2 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Absolutely LJ.  I am a run the ball type of guy, but you can't run if you can't run.

Some of these games people say we need to run more, if you go back and look, you see that we tried to run the ball, and often put ourselves in bad downs, then started passing more and had more success.

Not being able to run the ball effectively was one thing I wasn't concerned with before the season started, but it has turned out to be one of if the the biggest weakness of the team.

5 hours ago, chickenMan said:

I say what Nelson has said and I am called negative. Hmmmm

I have been saying this all season. But just remember Reich is a former qb and now offensive play caller/ head coach who is pass happy. I was listening to Bill Parcel a few days ago and he said every offensive coordinator he ever interviewed always said the will run the ball but few ever do. Quote unquote from Parcel. Run the freaking ball.

1 hour ago, Bert Johns said:

I have been saying this all season. But just remember Reich is a former qb and now offensive play caller/ head coach who is pass happy. I was listening to Bill Parcel a few days ago and he said every offensive coordinator he ever interviewed always said the will run the ball but few ever do. Quote unquote from Parcel. Run the freaking ball.

This season run vs pass.

311 rushes

265 passes. 

So no, Frank is not pass happy. 

12 hours ago, chickenMan said:

Yeah, hopefully Nelson goes into the game angry if so he'll bulldozer most guys. 

18 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

This season run vs pass.

311 rushes

265 passes. 

So no, Frank is not pass happy. 

?. Not sure what you are looking at

399 passes

311 rushes

I do agree though, we're not pass happy. We're at 56.93 pass, and ranked 21st (in pass play %)

• 2 weeks later...

Having Castonzo back in the lineup will allow us to keep JJ Watt in check. The offensive line played their best game last weekend against the Raiders, and I believe the trend of running the ball down the defenders throats while keeping Hilton hot will continue throughout Sunday afternoon. Colts win big.

35 minutes ago, TheLegend87 said:

Having Castonzo back in the lineup will allow us to keep JJ Watt in check. The offensive line played their best game last weekend against the Raiders, and I believe the trend of running the ball down the defenders throats while keeping Hilton hot will continue throughout Sunday afternoon. Colts win big.

Texans always find a way to keep it close lol

Archived