Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Lions Predictions

danlhart87

I'm looking for the Colts run game to get going and how many times JT gets the ball in this game. The Lions give up an average of 117.4 yards per game. Rivers has another solid game where he throws for 3 touchdowns and JT gets a rushing score. Defense won't start off as slow as it did in the Bengals game. 

28-16 Colts. 

1 minute ago, DownHillRunner said:

I'm looking for the Colts run game to get going and how many times JT gets the ball in this game. The Lions give up an average of 117.4 yards per game. Rivers has another solid game where he throws for 3 touchdowns and JT gets a rushing score. Defense won't start off as slow as it did in the Bengals game. 

28-16 Colts. 

Where do Lions rank in Pass and Run D

Colts 27

Lions 21

I see this as a must win game as well even though we are currently 4-2. After this game, we will be heading into a brutal 9 game stretch, and it will difficult to win most of them. A win Vs the Lions will make it so a 4-5 or 5-4 record the rest of the way can get us into the playoffs, and I think that's doable.

We should get Pittman and Leonard back as well, so I can see a win Vs the Lions.

22 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Colts 27

Lions 21

I see this as a must win game as well even though we are currently 4-2. After this game, we will be heading into a brutal 9 game stretch, and it will difficult to win most of them. A win Vs the Lions will make it so a 4-5 or 5-4 record the rest of the way can get us into the playoffs, and I think that's doable.

We should get Pittman and Leonard back as well, so I can see a win Vs the Lions.

I wouldn't say this is a must win 

3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I wouldn't say this is a must win 

I definitely do. Lets say we lose hypothetically. We're 4-3. We have a 9 game stretch Vs the Titans twice, the Texans twice, the Jags, the Ravens, the Steelers, the Packers, and the Raiders. Besides the Jags, there are no easy games, and we lost to the Jags in week 1. I can see 4-5 wins in there if we play our best, but not 5-6 if we lose to the Lions.

To me, this is a must win and the difference between sneaking into the playoffs as a wildcard and missing it. I don't see us winning the division because of the Titans, so we'll need to make it as a wildcard and win games in the playoffs that way.

i have a bad feeling about this game , the lions are no joke .  stafford is elite and can easily pick apart defenses.  the lions will be 3-3 going into the colts game they could be a playoff team they blew out jags who beat us .  they score points and they have  a tough defense .   the lions had a tough schedule facing the packers bears saints cardinals .  the lions only lost to playoff teams .  with a easy schedule they could be 5-1 right now they are no joke . 

I thought the Jets would beat us, until I learned the Jets are basically losing on purpose (they got shutout to the Dolphins, come on), so this will be the trap game where we lose. Sorry Jets fans, I didn't know you guys wanted that draft pick so bad.

1 minute ago, ReMeDy said:

I thought the Jets would beat us, until I learned the Jets are basically losing on purpose (they got shutout to the Dolphins, come on), so this will be the trap game where we lose. Sorry Jets fans, I didn't know you guys wanted that draft pick so bad.

If you look at that Jets team, they really don't have much. If Darnold isn't the guy, then they might as well Tank for Trevor. I'm hoping they do so if Ballard has interest in Darnold, he'll be available for trade.

If you are a well-coached team, I don't believe in trap games. Reich has to install in the team that no game is easy and every game should be taken seriously. If he doesn't, then it could be considered a "trap game". Most games like that that the better team loses are just due to bad matchups though or key injuries at certain positions. With Leonard and Pittman back, I think we'll win this one. It's what happens after the Lions that will be brutal potentially.

6 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Where do Lions rank in Pass and Run D

they are not ranked good in either , but stats can be misleading .  Look at the offenses they faced , the colts were rank number 1 defense in every stat by far .  Stats can be misleading at times , they lions seem like the blitz a lot watching them play the jags.

On 10/25/2020 at 5:24 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

I definitely do. Lets say we lose hypothetically. We're 4-3. We have a 9 game stretch Vs the Titans twice, the Texans twice, the Jags, the Ravens, the Steelers, the Packers, and the Raiders. Besides the Jags, there are no easy games, and we lost to the Jags in week 1. I can see 4-5 wins in there if we play our best, but not 5-6 if we lose to the Lions.

To me, this is a must win and the difference between sneaking into the playoffs as a wildcard and missing it. I don't see us winning the division because of the Titans, so we'll need to make it as a wildcard and win games in the playoffs that way.

I don't like the pessimism here, our current in-division record isnt great, but if we beat the titans in our head-to-heads, we control our own destiny for the division.

The Titan's schedule is just as rough as ours. They play:

Bengals (W)
Bears (toss up)
Colts (toss up)
Ravens (probably a L)
Colts (toss up)
Browns (toss up)
Jags (W)
Lions (not a gimme. but probably a W)
Packers (toss up)
Texans (toss up)

As far as I am concerned, they are only really heavily favored to win 3 of those games and the rest are toss ups.

We can still win this division if we handle our own business.

56 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

I don't like the pessimism here, our current in-division record isnt great, but if we beat the titans in our head-to-heads, we control our own destiny for the division.

The Titan's schedule is just as rough as ours. They play:

Bengals (W)
Bears (toss up)
Colts (toss up)
Ravens (probably a L)
Colts (toss up)
Browns (toss up)
Jags (W)
Lions (not a gimme. but probably a W)
Packers (toss up)
Texans (toss up)

As far as I am concerned, they are only really heavily favored to win 3 of those games and the rest are toss ups.

We can still win this division if we handle our own business.

To be fair, when I posted this, the Titans were still undefeated. The Steelers really helped us out. So we'll see what happens from now on. The Colts are in better shape now than 24 hours ago. Only 1 game behind.

On 10/25/2020 at 5:54 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

Colts 27

Lions 21

Brutal nine game stretch? Vs the 1-6 Texans (x2), the 1-6 Jaguars, vs the 3-3 Raiders, vs the 3-3 Lions? Vs the paper tiger Titans (x2).

The Packers and Steelers could be tough, but not unwinable.

I think our definition of ‘brutal’ could be very different...

It’s a shame we don’t having a purring offence though.

7 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

Brutal nine game stretch? Vs the 1-6 Texans (x2), the 1-6 Jaguars, vs the 3-3 Raiders, vs the 3-3 Lions? Vs the paper tiger Titans (x2).

The Packers and Steelers could be tough, but not unwinable.

I think our definition of ‘brutal’ could be very different...

It’s a shame we don’t having a purring offence though.

I disagree, I think the schedule get pretty brutal going forward.  The next five games are against teams 23-7 combined record.  Lions, Ravens, Titans, Packers, Titans.   That's a tough part of the schedule.    We'll be lucky to come out of those 5 games 2-3.   That would leave us at 6-5 into the final 5 games which I see us going 3-2 which would leave us at 9-7.    Hopefully we can win 3 of the next five though.  

On 10/25/2020 at 12:04 AM, Indyfan4life said:

31-27 Colts

I've noticed most people on here have the Colts winning with a close score kind of like yours.   I went 27-26 Colts win.   This tells me that people think it is a 50/50 game.   I wonder what the Vegas odds will be?

43 minutes ago, Myles said:

I disagree, I think the schedule get pretty brutal going forward.  The next five games are against teams 23-7 combined record.  Lions, Ravens, Titans, Packers, Titans.   That's a tough part of the schedule.    We'll be lucky to come out of those 5 games 2-3.   That would leave us at 6-5 into the final 5 games which I see us going 3-2 which would leave us at 9-7.    Hopefully we can win 3 of the next five though.  

Hopefully we  win all five

1 hour ago, Barry Sears said:

Colts 24 Lions 20

I fear you may be right.

We start off like the Browns and Bengals games playing zone, go down 10-0, and then come back to tie it by half time 13-13. Play more man the rest of the way and win it along the lines of the above score. I will just add 1 score to it, 27-20. :) 

44 minutes ago, Myles said:

I wasn’t hand picking the games, I was covering all 9 games. Tough yes, but not brutal...

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Lucky to beat the Titans 1 out of 2 and the Lions, to get 2 out of 5 wins? Really?

I could very possibly see us going 3-2 or even 4-1 in that stretch IF things rolled the right way... Ravens and Packers will definitely be tough games, but they arent un-winable. To say we would be lucky to beat the Lions and Titans once is a bit of a stretch.

We arent SB favorites or anything, but the Colts arent a bad team either. Those teams wont be going into games vs the Colts penciling in a W either....

58 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

Lucky to beat the Titans 1 out of 2 and the Lions, to get 2 out of 5 wins? Really?

I could very possibly see us going 3-2 or even 4-1 in that stretch IF things rolled the right way... Ravens and Packers will definitely be tough games, but they arent un-winable. To say we would be lucky to beat the Lions and Titans once is a bit of a stretch.

We arent SB favorites or anything, but the Colts arent a bad team either. Those teams wont be going into games vs the Colts penciling in a W either....

I agree, but we could also go 1-4.    Lions will be the only team we are favored against and I'm not certain about that as I haven't seen a line for next weeks game.   I'd be thrilled if we went 4-1 or 3-2 in the next 5 games.  

Archived