Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Lions Predictions

danlhart87

1 hour ago, Myles said:

I agree, but we could also go 1-4.    Lions will be the only team we are favored against and I'm not certain about that as I haven't seen a line for next weeks game.   I'd be thrilled if we went 4-1 or 3-2 in the next 5 games.  

At this point, i think 1-4 is very pessimistic and there is no basis to say that we should or would go 1-4. i think at WORST we split with the Titans and you cant tell me that in the other games between the Lions, Ravens and Packers that we dont win at least one of those.

I see 2-3 or 3-2 in this stretch the most likely outcomes.

1-4 VERY unlikely

4-1 quite unlikely

5- 0 - VERY unlikely

Just now, Myles said:

I think that is the most anyone has predicted the Colts to win by.     Any specific reason why you feel the Colts can go on the road and dominate?  Just curious.   

A combination of time of possession thru the run game.... some key sacks and a couple of turnovers.

8 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

At this point, i think 1-4 is very pessimistic and there is no basis to say that we should or would go 1-4. i think at WORST we split with the Titans and you cant tell me that in the other games between the Lions, Ravens and Packers that we dont win at least one of those.

I see 2-3 or 3-2 in this stretch the most likely outcomes.

1-4 VERY unlikely

4-1 quite unlikely

5- 0 - VERY unlikely

I think 1-4 is as likely as 4-1.    I agree with 2-3 or 3-2.   I'd be happy with 3-2.   

11 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

A combination of time of possession thru the run game.... some key sacks and a couple of turnovers.

I can see that.   I'm more worried about Stafford picking the defense apart early in the game.  

Here is the games the Lions have played and there margin of victory or loss.  

-4 to the Bears

-21 at the Packers

+3 at the Cardinals

-6 to the Saints

+12 at the Jags

+1 at the Falcons

40 minutes ago, Myles said:

I can see that.   I'm more worried about Stafford picking the defense apart early in the game.  

Here is the games the Lions have played and there margin of victory or loss.  

-4 to the Bears

-21 at the Packers

+3 at the Cardinals

-6 to the Saints

+12 at the Jags

+1 at the Falcons

Other than the Packers loss, they have been in every single game within a score except the Jaguars win of course.

On 10/25/2020 at 1:17 AM, danlhart87 said:

I wouldn't say this is a must win 

Yeah, it's only must win if you want a winning season.

After this game, I see at best the Colts winning  4 of 9.  Bal, Pitt, GB unlikely. Split with TN and HOU, a very tough battle out in LV.  Jax will likely be the decider for the playoffs.  Even at 4-2 we're still in 7th.  We lost the tie breaker with the Browns who most likely will be there with us so we have to be a game up and LV at the end will also trying to squeak in which makes them a must win also for tie breaker reasons. If we lose this one, we have to beat one of the big 3 left and sweep either Hou or TN.  That could be done, but for me the trouble is scoring enough.  We need to be able to score 30+ in a bunch of games coming up.  Detroit might be the first as I think Galloway is rounding back into form and Swift finally has heated up as well.   I wouldn't be surprised if we lost this game.

In the end, we likely will win a game that looks unwinnable, but lose one we think we have in the bag.  If that holds true, this game is a must win because going over .500 the rest of the way seems unlikely.  An injury to one of those team's QBs would change everything, but status quo looks more daunting.  We also need to be scoring 30+ to beat these teams for the most part.  Houston, by the way, has played most of their toughest games.  TN, like us, has a lot of tough games left.  I could still see them losing 5+ more games but doubt we win 5+ more after this week.  Our head to heads start with an away Thurs game after a brutal Bal game the Sunday before.  We've been scheduled for way more Away Thursday games than any other team in history.  If I remember right, we've only hosted on Thursday 3 times, one of which was the infamous Thanksgiving game against Pitt.  We caught a little break in that TN originally had their Bye week just before our game but now have to play their make up game with Bal that was shifted to that week.  

I wouldn't be surprised to find us playing either KC, Pitt or Bal in the playoffs whether we win the division or finish as the #7 seed.  I don't like our chances with a fading QB.  

Record and Scoring Ave.

@Det: 3-3 26.0

Bal: 5-1 29.83

@TN: 5-1 31.33

GB: 5-1 32.8

TN: 5-1 31.33

@Hou: 1-6 27.66

@LV: 3-3  28.5

Hou: 1-6 27.66

@Pitt: 6-0  30.5

Jax: 1-6 25.66

We are averaging 26.16 against some of the worst defenses in the league and some of our scoring has been our defense. 

Based on that? This is a MUST win game to make the playoffs AND not be playing Bal or Pit or KC.  If it were a bet, I say this is a pick 'em game.  It's not, and as such I would take the points.  I think the team with the last possession with time (versus less than the 60 seconds that Stafford needs) wins.  I also think for the Colts to win, our Defense has to score. I think if we lose this game, we will have to sweep TN to make the playoffs (because of that dang loss to Jax and the need for the divisional tie breaker).  

Lions 31-30 Colts  (Hope I am wrong).  

I'm anxious to see which injured players we might get back this week.  I think Leonard and Pittman would give us a nice boost.

I noticed that the last 4 teams to beat the Falcons all lost the following week.  The Lions beat the Falcons last week, so maybe we keep that trend going?

This one looks like a toss up.  If we get Leonard and Pittman back, I like the Colts to come out on top, 27-24.

6 hours ago, King Colt said:

Then define must win.

I mean, surely the purest definition of a "must win" game is you must win it or you are knocked out of contention.... be that for a playoff spot, or in a playoff game to advance to the next one?

At this point technically hardly anyone is on a "must-win" game, but i get where he is coming from.... he is saying this might be a "must-win" game because of the difficulty in the rest of our schedule, if we dont win this one we are probably knocking ourselves out of a playoff spot contention because we might not win enough of the other games to get in....

Technically it's not a "must-win" game, but i guess you could say all games are "must-win" games, unless you are already 14-1 and have the no.1 seed wrapped up, then game 16 becomes a nothing game.....

7 hours ago, JPFolks said:

Yeah, it's only must win if you want a winning season.

After this game, I see at best the Colts winning  4 of 9.  Bal, Pitt, GB unlikely. Split with TN and HOU, a very tough battle out in LV.  Jax will likely be the decider for the playoffs.  Even at 4-2 we're still in 7th.  We lost the tie breaker with the Browns who most likely will be there with us so we have to be a game up and LV at the end will also trying to squeak in which makes them a must win also for tie breaker reasons. If we lose this one, we have to beat one of the big 3 left and sweep either Hou or TN.  That could be done, but for me the trouble is scoring enough.  We need to be able to score 30+ in a bunch of games coming up.  Detroit might be the first as I think Galloway is rounding back into form and Swift finally has heated up as well.   I wouldn't be surprised if we lost this game.

In the end, we likely will win a game that looks unwinnable, but lose one we think we have in the bag.  If that holds true, this game is a must win because going over .500 the rest of the way seems unlikely.  An injury to one of those team's QBs would change everything, but status quo looks more daunting.  We also need to be scoring 30+ to beat these teams for the most part.  Houston, by the way, has played most of their toughest games.  TN, like us, has a lot of tough games left.  I could still see them losing 5+ more games but doubt we win 5+ more after this week.  Our head to heads start with an away Thurs game after a brutal Bal game the Sunday before.  We've been scheduled for way more Away Thursday games than any other team in history.  If I remember right, we've only hosted on Thursday 3 times, one of which was the infamous Thanksgiving game against Pitt.  We caught a little break in that TN originally had their Bye week just before our game but now have to play their make up game with Bal that was shifted to that week.  

I wouldn't be surprised to find us playing either KC, Pitt or Bal in the playoffs whether we win the division or finish as the #7 seed.  I don't like our chances with a fading QB.  

Record and Scoring Ave.

@Det: 3-3 26.0

Bal: 5-1 29.83

@TN: 5-1 31.33

GB: 5-1 32.8

TN: 5-1 31.33

@Hou: 1-6 27.66

@LV: 3-3  28.5

Hou: 1-6 27.66

@Pitt: 6-0  30.5

Jax: 1-6 25.66

We are averaging 26.16 against some of the worst defenses in the league and some of our scoring has been our defense. 

Based on that? This is a MUST win game to make the playoffs AND not be playing Bal or Pit or KC.  If it were a bet, I say this is a pick 'em game.  It's not, and as such I would take the points.  I think the team with the last possession with time (versus less than the 60 seconds that Stafford needs) wins.  I also think for the Colts to win, our Defense has to score. I think if we lose this game, we will have to sweep TN to make the playoffs (because of that dang loss to Jax and the need for the divisional tie breaker).  

Lions 31-30 Colts  (Hope I am wrong).  

I disagree  we normally  beat gb. Steelers  is probably  a loss. Will probably  beat Baltimore. Split with titans

7 hours ago, King Colt said:

Then define must win.

Even at 4 - 3 we would still be in the playoff hunt with 9 games left. 

Games are tougher but anything can happen in those games.

Must win games don't occur until mid November or if you are fighting off elimination.

On 10/25/2020 at 12:54 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

Colts 27

Lions 21

I see this as a must win game as well even though we are currently 4-2. After this game, we will be heading into a brutal 9 game stretch, and it will difficult to win most of them. A win Vs the Lions will make it so a 4-5 or 5-4 record the rest of the way can get us into the playoffs, and I think that's doable.

We should get Pittman and Leonard back as well, so I can see a win Vs the Lions.

Yep, it's a MONSTROUS game for the Colts' playoff hopes.

It'll likely come down to the Colts, CLE and LV with 2 of them getting the #6 and #7 seeds.

If CLE beats LV this weekend, barring some crazy occurrences (critical injuries, etc.), they're probably 

a lock. They'll have the tiebreaker over both and with their schedule, they'll likely get to 10 wins

anyway.

The Colts need to head into week-13 at 7-4. To do that, they need to win 3 of the next 5. Do that

and beat HOU and JACK at home and you're at 9 wins. That may be enough, but sweep HOU and

you're at 10 wins and it's a given.   

But lose @ DET and winning 3 of the next 5 gets VERY tough.  At 6-5 heading into wk-13, it's a 

tougher climb to get to 9 wins and 10 is probably a long shot.

2 minutes ago, indykmj said:

Yep, it's a MONSTROUS game for the Colts' playoff hopes.

It'll likely come down to the Colts, CLE and LV with 2 of them getting the #6 and #7 seeds.

If CLE beats LV this weekend, barring some crazy occurrences (critical injuries, etc.), they're probably 

a lock. They'll have the tiebreaker over both and with their schedule, they'll likely get to 10 wins

anyway.

The Colts need to head into week-13 at 7-4. To do that, they need to win 3 of the next 5. Do that

and beat HOU and JACK at home and you're at 9 wins. That may be enough, but sweep HOU and

you're at 10 wins and it's a given.   

But lose @ DET and winning 3 of the next 5 gets VERY tough.  At 6-5 heading into wk-13, it's a 

tougher climb to get to 9 wins and 10 is probably a long shot.

The only locks for making the playoffs in North are Ravens and Steelers.

Mayfield has proven time and time again this year that he is very inconsistent.

Calling a WC team a lock for the playoffs in Week 8 is laughable. 

There's still tons of football left. 

The Lions have won two straight and have some beef in their DTs. Going to be interesting how Eberflus adjust, if they stop the inside run.

They play a lot of man and it will also be interesting to see how Reich/Sirianni adapt.

I’m hoping for a Colts win but this game might be closer than I initially thought.

Colts 20

Lions 17

If there’s one thing we know about the Colts defense, although they may be good, expect someone on the opposing offense (sometimes defense too) to have a breakout game or career best. I expect receivers to be wide open for several completions and TJ Hockenson to go off.

Colts 21

Lions 19

Breakout players:

TJ Hock 8 catches for 145 yards and 2 TDs

Jeff Okudah locks up Hilton and has 8 PD and 1 INT

Some undrafted player also has a nice showing for the Lions

11 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Even at 4 - 3 we would still be in the playoff hunt with 9 games left. 

Games are tougher but anything can happen in those games.

Must win games don't occur until mid November or if you are fighting off elimination.

Must win games are every game. Champions don't wait to stat winning.

15 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Your definition of must win is very different from mine.

As a team you clearly wanna win every single game and have the mindset of this is a must win but it doesn't happen.

15 minutes ago, King Colt said:

And at that rate every loss would be insurmountable 

4 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Your definition of must win is very different from mine.

As a team you clearly wanna win every single game and have the mindset of this is a must win but it doesn't happen.

And at that rate every loss would be insurmountable 

No, just a step in the wrong direction. No one in any competition practices to lose. You win to counter the inevitable loses during the course of any season. If you are eliminated by one game at the end of the season and that one game was the first game of the season that you lost it stands to reason that first game was a "must win."  Mediocrity is for the mediocre.

Hello I’m new to the board. Thanks for having me. This is my first post. 

I live on the Michigan Indiana boarder and follow both the Lions and Colts closely. This week I get to see my two favorite teams face off. As a fan of both teams I’ll try to give a neutral view of the game. Feel free to ask me anything. 

The Lions are coming off two wins. And have played their last two opponents tough. They were lucky to pull off a win vs ATL. They had CHI beat until they lost 3 starting CB’s and two starting OL. Not to mention Swift dropped the game winner. Following that game they struggled a couple weeks mainly due to mounting injuries. The Lions are now mostly healthy but are still down a rookie DE and Starring CB on defense. 

The Colts you all know but I’ll add that I think the high ranking of the defense maybe a little bit of a fools gold.  The colts have had a fairly easy schedule so far and I think the Lions could be their toughest opponent so far. 

I think this game will be close. The Colts being a 2.5 favorite doesn’t shock me. I think the Colts have been far more consistent than the Lions. So they should get the nod.  Also the Lions haven’t won a home game this year.  But this game could go either way and I feel like turnovers will be the key deciding factor. Both the Colts and Lions defenses have done a pretty good job of creating turnovers. Both teams are +0.5 in turnover margin. 

Here’s an interesting fact the Lions haven’t had a single fumble all year. Not one. I’m not talking lost fumbles. They haven’t fumbled the ball one time. They lead the league in ball security on the ground. 

In the air I think both Stafford and Rivers can turn the ball over. Especially when they try to do too much. But if they have a clean pocket they both can be deadly accurate. 

I am excited to watch this game. I think it will help both teams get a better judge on where they are. Personally I think both teams are wild card hopefuls.  

41 minutes ago, Air2theThrown said:

Hello I’m new to the board. Thanks for having me. This is my first post. 

I live on the Michigan Indiana boarder and follow both the Lions and Colts closely. This week I get to see my two favorite teams face off. As a fan of both teams I’ll try to give a neutral view of the game. Feel free to ask me anything. 

The Lions are coming off two wins. And have played their last two opponents tough. They were lucky to pull off a win vs ATL. They had CHI beat until they lost 3 starting CB’s and two starting OL. Not to mention Swift dropped the game winner. Following that game they struggled a couple weeks mainly due to mounting injuries. The Lions are now mostly healthy but are still down a rookie DE and Starring CB on defense. 

The Colts you all know but I’ll add that I think the high ranking of the defense maybe a little bit of a fools gold.  The colts have had a fairly easy schedule so far and I think the Lions could be their toughest opponent so far. 

I think this game will be close. The Colts being a 2.5 favorite doesn’t shock me. I think the Colts have been far more consistent than the Lions. So they should get the nod.  Also the Lions haven’t won a home game this year.  But this game could go either way and I feel like turnovers will be the key deciding factor. Both the Colts and Lions defenses have done a pretty good job of creating turnovers. Both teams are +0.5 in turnover margin. 

Here’s an interesting fact the Lions haven’t had a single fumble all year. Not one. I’m not talking lost fumbles. They haven’t fumbled the ball one time. They lead the league in ball security on the ground. 

In the air I think both Stafford and Rivers can turn the ball over. Especially when they try to do too much. But if they have a clean pocket they both can be deadly accurate. 

I am excited to watch this game. I think it will help both teams get a better judge on where they are. Personally I think both teams are wild card hopefuls.  

I hope you jinxed them 2 FF coming

I’ve been watching the lions with a friend who is a fan.  They have been typically starting fast then collapsing at the end.   The colts have been a starting slow and heating up.  I’ll say that happens here the lions go up by 10 or so at the half then get crushed. 34-20. 

Archived