Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Maniac and AC both ruled OUT for the Browns game

Dogg63

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly I was actually right with my early report regarding Leonard. Even had I not heard it on ESPN I had feeling he wouldn't play because a groin injury is nothing to mess around with. He should rest so he doesn't aggravate it, it is like a hamstring as in you have to be careful. Losing AC has me more concerned because protecting Philip's blind side is very important.

2 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

Wonder if this means that Smith will move over to LT or if Le'Raven Clark or Chaz Green steps into the LT spot... while Maniac is a star of the D, they played pretty well when he went down last week.  I'm a bit more worriedwith the loss of AC.

Reich said Clark will start at LT.

Also: 

4 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

Wonder if this means that Smith will move over to LT or if Le'Raven Clark or Chaz Green steps into the LT spot... while Maniac is a star of the D, they played pretty well when he went down last week.  I'm a bit more worried with the loss of AC.

I do agree, they probably move Smith to LT and let Clark man the RT spot or Chaz Green man it. 

Just means that Jack Doyle or JT will be chipping the DE more instead of catching more passes in the flat but I am OK with that as long as Rivers is upright.

3 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

Wonder if this means that Smith will move over to LT or if Le'Raven Clark or Chaz Green steps into the LT spot... while Maniac is a star of the D, they played pretty well when he went down last week.  I'm a bit more worriedwith the loss of AC.

Garrett likes to play on the right side though. 

Just now, superrep1967 said:

Garrett likes to play on the right side though. 

Regardless, wherever he lines up, ask your TE or RB to chip constantly to slow him down. If he stunts, the OG and tackle need to be ready to double team and the RB/TE can go up the flat quicker.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

I do agree, they probably move Smith to LT and let Clark man the RT spot or Chaz Green man it. 

Just means that Jack Doyle or JT will be chipping Myles Garrett more instead of catching more passes in the flat but I am OK with that as long as Rivers is upright.

I’m fine with Doyle staying in and chipping because they’ll probably use Burton more in the passing game anyway. 

5 minutes ago, stitches said:

That's not great news. I expect us to try running a lot on them and engaging quick passing game in an attempt to mitigate the mismatch that will be Garrett vs either of our OTs in pass rush situations.

It may not be such a bad thing because their weakness in coverage is underneath, in the middle. So, the quick passing offense like Minshew did against us can still yield results. Denzel Ward will be harder to throw against while they play 1-on-1 on the outside and we have to pick on the safeties and LBs, IMO. If their weakness was their outside CBs, then we would need more time for routes to form, which might work against us in this situation. 

I am confident Reich and Siranni will game plan accordingly. 

I blame the announcers talking about how we’ve started the same Oline 20+ weeks straight. It’s like with a kicker. “So and so has made 49 kicks in a row” and then they miss the next one. 

I know it’s a superstition, but still. I’m not looking forward to AC being out. Probably have to run a lot of TE schemes for extra blocking. 

2 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

I blame the announcers talking about how we’ve started the same Oline 20+ weeks straight. It’s like with a kicker. “So and so has made 49 kicks in a row” and then they miss the next one. 

I know it’s a superstition, but still. I’m not looking forward to AC being out. Probably have to run a lot of TE schemes for extra blocking. 

They have been saying that for a while now, and eventually, at some point, the best of O-lines will have an injury. 

Not good, not good.

I figured DL would be out

A little surprised AC is out though with a rib injury?

Next man up

With the Browns rushing attack and our most likely uptick in ball control plays, this might be the quickest game of the year(time wise).

39 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

Reich said Clark will start at LT.

Also: 

Thanks.. I kinda figured that as Clark came in the 4-5 snaps that AC missed last week, but on the depth chart they've got Green as the backup LT and Clark backing up RT.

I actually have faith in Clark.  I won't be shocked if we see Pinter as an in-line TE more than normal against CLE... I definitely expect MAC or Doyle to be lined up on the left side a lot as well, as Burton doesn't really seem to be much of a blocker but Doyle and Mo Alie-Cox are both very good blockers.

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is what will make this win good if we pull it off. I still have it at 50/50 but losing 2 key players like we are isn't good.

Rivers is 5-2 vs the Browns including the 2018 game they played. Their secondary in the middle is banged up, so we should get enough production in the passing game. Their run defense is real good, so our key to winning this game is our passing game.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Sadly I was actually right with my early report regarding Leonard. Even had I not heard it on ESPN I had feeling he wouldn't play because a groin injury is nothing to mess around with. He should rest so he doesn't aggravate it, it is like a hamstring as in you have to be careful. Losing AC has me more concerned because protecting Philip's blind side is very important.

Interesting how people see film differently.  Darius Butler sees coverages. Dr. Chao sees how Darius Leonard injures his groin (2nd Clip, of Colts, both views).

1 hour ago, pgt_rob said:

Uh oh, without Castonzo might be a little scary.

Next man up, no excuses.

Archived