Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Maniac and AC both ruled OUT for the Browns game

Dogg63

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is why football is hard to watch a lot of the time. For the Colts, it's not even the GM, Coach, or players like so many other teams. It's the ridiculous injuries that make the sport unwatchable. In our case, it is happening to all our important players and it's absolute garbage. Part of the reason I could never fathom how people that aren't kids or absolute casuals could be season-ticket holders. Very upsetting. 

9 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This is why football is hard to watch a lot of the time. For the Colts, it's not even the GM, Coach, or players like so many other teams. It's the ridiculous injuries that make the sport unwatchable. In our case, it is happening to all our important players and it's absolute garbage. Part of the reason I could never fathom how people that aren't kids or absolute casuals could be season-ticket holders. Very upsetting. 

Other players will play. They will exceed expectations -- or they won't. It may go badly -- but it may not. What's so unwatchable? I don't get it.

I'm fearing a Browns win with the Colts injuries, but won't it be exciting if that isn't what happens? 

12 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It was a lot worse a few years ago. I remember our IR was loaded even during training camp back in the Grigson/Pagano days. That's football though. Disappointing but the good thing, our roster is a hell of a lot better than it was then so our depth actually knows how to play football.

17 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Although it could get ugly I am kind of excited.to see how Clark does. Having big Q should help him be better.

Just now, JMichael557 said:

This is where the nfl covid policy is not fair. TN gets to rest its players while we have to play with injured players. If we or the Browns had a covid outbreak the game would be postponed and we could get healthy. Why TN should have to forfiet. 

If TN has to play Tuesday they are going to be missing a lot of players. 

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Ballard mentioned how much Clark has improved and reporters said he looked pretty good in TC. Time to see what he can do.

I will believe it when I see it.  I hope Reich makes sure he has help in pass blocking.  Otherwise Rivers could be in for a rough going if we have to pass in a comeback.  Big game for Clark.  Could he be AC's successor?  We are going to find out.  

Let’s try to focus on the positive:

• Clark’s PFF grade so far is 68.8, which is actually 5 points higher than AC. Admittedly small sample size. 
  • Clark will be extremely motivated to prove what he can do. 
  • Rivers’ pair of tackles last year were the second worst in the league; he is used to less than elite play here.

2 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

I think the main thing is stopping the run, though. Browns are ranked #1 in rushing attack so they may ground and pound it early on. Is Rock Ya-Sin back at practice?

rock was never hurt only defender out sunday is leonard . defense is healthy offense is banged up with two starting wrs down mack and ac .

8 minutes ago, Bolts2Colts said:

Let’s try to focus on the positive:

• Clark’s PFF grade so far is 68.8, which is actually 5 points higher than AC. Admittedly small sample size. 
  • Clark will be extremely motivated to prove what he can do. 
  • Rivers’ pair of tackles last year were the second worst in the league; he is used to less than elite play here.

i been trying to tell people clark will shock them on sunday .   frank said clark has taken giant steps forward , and had a monster camp this year .   the colts have been putting clark in as the 6th linemen on jumbo sets .   Clark has played better then AC this year and AC is getting old and has gone down hill this year .    Clark could be like blackmon  is with hooker .   Clark can end up taking AC job he is 5 years younger and frank and ballard love him .

Clark has steadily improved over the last couple of years, that is why Ballard re-signed him and I think he will do just fine at LT! 

I am hoping to see E.J. Speed get more reps to show his wares as well in Leonard's absence. Your depth pieces can really surpise you at times, and quite frankly, our LB depth is pretty darn solid with Okereke, Speed, and Franklin. They are not Leonard, but then again they don't have to be either for us to win.

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I am a season ticket holder since 2000 and I have no idea what you are talking about.  I am financially and emotionally invested in the Colts so I am no kid or a casual.  I will be glued to my TV at 4:25 no matter who plays LT.  All my season ticket holding friends will be doing the same.  As will the balance of all Colts fans.  

2 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

I am a season ticket holder since 2000 and I have no idea what you are talking about.  I am financially and emotionally invested in the Colts so I am no kid or a casual.  I will be glued to my TV at 4:25 no matter who plays LT.  All my season ticket holding friends will be doing the same.  As will the balance of all Colts fans.  

It's not just Costanzo, it's Campbell and Pittman, Mack, Hooker (although Blackmon is better), Leonard, and the fact that everyone who seems to get injured misses at least half the year. Hard to get invested when you are analytical and realize that you are outmatched when the injuries pile up. Maybe your standards are low? :dunno:

19 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It's not just Costanzo, it's Campbell and Pittman, Mack, Hooker (although Blackmon is better), Leonard, and the fact that everyone who seems to get injured misses at least half the year. Hard to get invested when you are analytical and realize that you are outmatched when the injuries pile up. Maybe your standards are low? :dunno:

Analytics has zero to do with being a fan.   You either are,  or you aren't.     You should have seen the 80s and early 90s teams we fielded.    This team is miles better than any of those teams.   

Most of the media and some in here are picking the Browns so if we win please don't say we beat a weak team lol. If you do you are a hypocrite. 

I think going to 2 or 3 games a year of your choice like I have done since 1998-2013 is much better and cheaper than being a season ticket holder, JMO. I have been to basically 50 Colts games in my my life and it was games I chose and it was cheap for the most part. When I was a kid, tickets were real cheap in the 80's so my dad took me to few games even then. I haven't been to a game since 2013 and I am ok with it, crowds and traffic just aren't up my alley anymore. I would rather sit in my recliner and eat wings and drink a 6pack and watch lmao and be able to use a clean bathroom that is 10 feet away. I guess I am old now, that makes a difference haha . 

If I were Reich, I would have a quiet sit-down with LeRaven Clark, and tell him like it is:

You're a backup.  Nobody believes you have what it takes to be a starting LT.  When Costanzo thought about retiring, everybody just about had kittens, because they didn't think you could do the job, and there were precious few other options.

NOW is your chance.

If you can hold Bennett to only 1 sack, folks might actually pay attention to you.  They just might think that you can succeed Costanzo at LT when he retires after next year.  We'll give you help.  We'll run the entire game left handed, and keep a TE in next to you.  But this is your moment.  Now is the time for you to do the job.  Go do it.

21 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Maybe you are not a true fan

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Analytics has zero to do with being a fan.   

It has to do with the difference of being a casual fan and a hardcore fan. Most casual fans don't even know which of our players are good besides a select few. Most of them think Rivers is still a really good QB while the analytical fan knows he's bottom 5 to 10. Analytics separate people who look at the Colts as a hobby from people who pay attention to the Colts more closely year round.

The people who don't know analytics are usually the same people who don't have standards for the team, and will watch anything and continue to go to games and buy merchandise no matter who bad things can get (Grigson and Pagano era for example).

1 minute ago, jskinnz said:

I'm a fan, but I'm not a dumb fan, I know when things are about to go bad, and this game seems like that tipping point. If we win, great, I'll be happy, but injuries suggest we are about to fall apart. Don't mean to bring religion into this, but it's the same reason I don't believe in a God. I use logic for religion just like I use logic for football. If using logic doesn't make me a true fan, then that's fine. I can't help that I use my brain and recognize patterns.

3 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

People have different definitions of what a truefan is. My definition of a truefan is, is when losses bother you. That means it affects you in an emotional way. They bother me but someone else may think differently. When I invest in a team as far as time and following them, I hate for them to lose but that is just me. Some people watch just for entertainment, I do to an extent but when we lose it bothers me and it always has.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

People have different definitions of what a truefan is. My definition of a truefan is, is when losses bother you. That means it affects you in an emotional way. They bother me but someone else may think differently. When I invest in a team as far as time and following them, I hate for them to lose but that is just me. Some people watch just for entertainment, I do to an extent but when we lose it bothers me and it always has.

Thank you. When you lose those butterflies for a game and the passion is gone, that's when you stop being a true fan and it becomes a casual thing for you.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Thank you. When you lose those butterflies for a game and the passion is gone, that's when you stop being a true fan and it becomes a casual thing for you.

I don't think I ever will. I used to get more upset over losses but they still bother me. The Jags game ate at me for like 3 days. It is just in my blood.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't think I ever will. I used to get more upset over losses but they still bother me. The Jags game ate at me for like 3 days. It is just in my blood.

Me too. I had to vent on the forum. That game upset me like crazy. The only time I really didn't care was last year in the second half when Brissett just destroyed us and the games were absolutely boring. I can usually always find something to cheer for or care about. Even in 2011, I was rooting for the tank in order to get Andrew Luck. The Colts have to be really terrible for me not to care at all, and with Ballard at GM, I don't think that'll happen. 

Probably the only way it'll happen this year is if Rivers gets a season-ending injury and Brissett takes over again like year. Other than that, I'm very interested in the team. The injuries are really upsetting though because of who they are.

the thing about injuries is every team has them .   The average team will miss around 6 starters per game as the season goes on .   The browns are missing players from injured reserve to players hurt this week they have multiple starters out also at key roles .   The great thing about this colts team is the depth is amazing from safety to linebackers this team has depth .   The great thing is our bye week came at a perfect time after the bye every player will be back except mac hooker and cambell .   hooker is horrible and not missed at all .   the only season ending loss is mac every other player will be back by the end of the year .  

6 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Me too. I had to vent on the forum. That game upset me like crazy. The only time I really didn't care was last year in the second half when Brissett just destroyed us and the games were absolutely boring. I can usually always find something to cheer for or care about. Even in 2011, I was rooting for the tank in order to get Andrew Luck. The Colts have to be really terrible for me not to care at all, and with Ballard at GM, I don't think that'll happen. 

Probably the only way it'll happen this year is if Rivers gets a season-ending injury and Brissett takes over again like year. Other than that, I'm very interested in the team. The injuries are really upsetting though because of who they are.

Once we were out of the playoffs last year the losses were much easier to take I agree. Basically when we fell to 6-7 it was over and easier to watch. The only time in my fandom which has been since 1984 that I didn't care if we won or not was in 2011 once we fell to 0-8. At 0-8 I was on the suck for Luck bandwagon and I am a anti-tanking guy but at 0-8 it was over and time to rebuild. I knew Luck would be at worse good as well so that helped lmao .

1 hour ago, coming on strong said:

i been trying to tell people clark will shock them on sunday .   frank said clark has taken giant steps forward , and had a monster camp this year .   the colts have been putting clark in as the 6th linemen on jumbo sets .   Clark has played better then AC this year and AC is getting old and has gone down hill this year .    Clark could be like blackmon  is with hooker .   Clark can end up taking AC job he is 5 years younger and frank and ballard love him .

If Clark was as good as you say he wouldn't be the backup. 

This is his chance to shine and I hope he does. 

3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

That’s not necessarily true. Herbert started as back-up to Taylor. Doesn’t mean he wasn’t as good. 

BTW didnt Colts beat Chiefs in Arrowhead without Leonard?  How was the run D in that game? 

2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

This is his chance to shine and I hope he does. 

why was mo allie cox a back up and is out playing jack doyle ?   if hooker was healthy i bet he would be playing over blackmon .  The coaches always go with the vetern , look at how tyrod taylor started over just herbert.  This happens all the time in the nfl .

Archived