Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Maniac and AC both ruled OUT for the Browns game

Dogg63

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This is why football is hard to watch a lot of the time. For the Colts, it's not even the GM, Coach, or players like so many other teams. It's the ridiculous injuries that make the sport unwatchable. In our case, it is happening to all our important players and it's absolute garbage. Part of the reason I could never fathom how people that aren't kids or absolute casuals could be season-ticket holders. Very upsetting. 

Nature of the beast. Always has been

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bolts2Colts said:

That’s not necessarily true. Herbert started as back-up to Taylor. Doesn’t mean he wasn’t as good. 

BTW didnt Colts beat Chiefs in Arrowhead without Leonard?  How was the run D in that game? 

the colts will miss leonard in the passing game but in the run game we will be fine .

21 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm a fan, but I'm not a dumb fan, I know when things are about to go bad, and this game seems like that tipping point. If we win, great, I'll be happy, but injuries suggest we are about to fall apart. Don't mean to bring religion into this, but it's the same reason I don't believe in a God. I use logic for religion just like I use logic for football. If using logic doesn't make me a true fan, then that's fine. I can't help that I use my brain and recognize patterns.

This year, more so than most years, I’m curious to see how much depth the team has. 
   We’re more fortunate than a lot of teams, in that we do have quality depth and if Parris comes back, we’ve only lost two starters for the year.

As far as your other point, everything coming from nothing seems to require more faith than logic. Just sayin...

1 minute ago, coltsfeva said:

This year, more so than most years, I’m curious to see how much depth the team has. 
   We’re more fortunate than a lot of teams, in that we do have quality depth and if Parris comes back, we’ve only lost two starters for the year.

As far as your other point, everything coming from nothing seems to require more faith than logic. Just sayin...

You are right, and I thought of that after I typed the comment. It is more of a "faith" thing, and I'm a science and analytical guy.

5 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

why was mo allie cox a back up and is out playing jack doyle ?   if hooker was healthy i bet he would be playing over blackmon .  The coaches always go with the vetern , look at how tyrod taylor started over just herbert.  This happens all the time in the nfl .

A player becomes a starter because of his play, not because he is a veteran. 

Blackmon has stepped up in Hooker absence and making Hooker an after thought.

Even if Clark plays well people aren't gonna give up on AC so easily 

46 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Analytics has zero to do with being a fan.   You either are,  or you aren't.     You should have seen the 80s and early 90s teams we fielded.    This team is miles better than any of those teams.   

There's a such thing though as being an informed fan and an uninformed fan. Most people look at the team as Black and White. We'll root for the team and watch it no matter what, no matter who the Coach, GM, and players are, it doesn't matter, I'll watch it on TV, attend the games, and buy the merchandise. No analyzing the situation of the team.

I was born in 87 and am 33, so I wasn't born or in the early 90s, a fan of the team at that point. I believe you though, and my concern isn't the GM, Coach, or players, it's the injuries happening to our good players that makes the games hard to watch. Ballard is doing a great job!

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

There's a such thing though as being an informed fan and an uninformed fan. Most people look at the team as Black and White. We'll root for the team and watch it no matter what, no matter who the Coach, GM, and players are, it doesn't matter, I'll watch it on TV, attend the games, and buy the merchandise. No analyzing the situation of the team.

I was born in 87 and am 33, so I wasn't born or in the early 90s, a fan of the team at that point. I believe you though, and my concern isn't the GM, Coach, or players, it's the injuries happening to our good players that makes the games hard to watch. Ballard is doing a great job!

I'm 33 too lol

Nightmare fuel for Le'Raven.  Just in time for Halloween.....multiple ravens are collectively referred to as a "murder"....the multiple Le'Raven snaps vs Garrett might well be called "le'murder of rivers".   I joke, kinda......hopefully......this makes me nervous.

31 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

It's strange that Moore DNP Friday, and it says "not injury related". All the other guys that DNP due to rest, are labeled as "rest". Wonder if Moore is sick.

Anyone know?

Pretty sure it was his grandpop's funeral/service/whatnot.

12 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This is why football is hard to watch a lot of the time. For the Colts, it's not even the GM, Coach, or players like so many other teams. It's the ridiculous injuries that make the sport unwatchable. In our case, it is happening to all our important players and it's absolute garbage. Part of the reason I could never fathom how people that aren't kids or absolute casuals could be season-ticket holders. Very upsetting. 

I dont think the Broncos feel very upset for us...

Lindsay
Lock
Sutton
Miller
Bouye
Fant
Casey

Injuries happen in football and every team has key players out... some worse than others, but we arent the worst hit team. The Giants are nothing without Barkley on offense, the Panthers miss CMC, the Chargers REALLY miss Ekeler.

It happens, the good teams are able to deal with it, the bad teams arent.

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

People have different definitions of what a truefan is. My definition of a truefan is, is when losses bother you. That means it affects you in an emotional way. They bother me but someone else may think differently. When I invest in a team as far as time and following them, I hate for them to lose but that is just me. Some people watch just for entertainment, I do to an extent but when we lose it bothers me and it always has.

I used to let losses bother me. We traveled to both Colts losses to the Pats in the playoffs back in 03 and 04. I thought about the 03 loss in particular for several weeks after the game. 

The 2005 season changed all that for me. That was the year where our tailgates blew up with lots of people and big fun. Then they lost to the Steelers in the playoffs and I realized the loss did not detract one iota from the great time we had in the regular season. 

Plus I think as you age / mature there is a realization that fretting over a loss, something of which you had no control over, is a monumental waste of time and energy. Also kids coming along changed some priorities as well. 

All this to me just means that I still passionately follow the Colts. I am still a season ticket holder And I read all I can about them. I really only listen to local sports talk radio or the NFL network in my car.  I can immediately recognize obscure members of the team when I see them out in public (happened yesterday) and bore my wife with details about them.

But because I lost not one second of sleep or failed to be compelled to come in here and vent following the Jags loss, I still consider myself a true fan. So I don’t buy that only true fans are the ones who get overly emotional after a loss. 

16 hours ago, chad72 said:

I do agree, they probably move Smith to LT and let Clark man the RT spot or Chaz Green man it. 

Just means that Jack Doyle or JT will be chipping the DE more instead of catching more passes in the flat but I am OK with that as long as Rivers is upright.

Instead of movingSnith, i would think it would serve us better to have a Te,rb, or wr help out theLT.  
Bring some dip, there could be alot of chips.

4 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

I used to let losses bother me. We traveled to both Colts losses to the Pats in the playoffs back in 03 and 04. I thought about the 03 loss in particular for several weeks after the game. 

The 2005 season changed all that for me. That was the year where our tailgates blew up with lots of people and big fun. Then they lost to the Steelers in the playoffs and I realized the loss did not detract one iota from the great time we had in the regular season. 

Plus I think as you age / mature there is a realization that fretting over a loss, something of which you had no control over, is a monumental waste of time and energy. Also kids coming along changed some priorities as well. 

All this to me just means that I still passionately follow the Colts. I am still a season ticket holder And I read all I can about them. I really only listen to local sports talk radio or the NFL network in my car.  I can immediately recognize obscure members of the team when I see them out in public (happened yesterday) and bore my wife with details about them.

But because I lost not one second of sleep or failed to be compelled to come in here and vent following the Jags loss, I still consider myself a true fan. So I don’t buy that only true fans are the ones who get overly emotional after a loss. 

Losses used to affect me much more back when Peyton was playing because it was rare that we lost. I thought the team was winning every week. They still bothered me in the Luck era and do now but when we lost to the Patriots in the playoffs (03, 04) and even Pitt (05) it ruined my week. Today I get over a loss much quicker but yeah it bothers me.

16 hours ago, chad72 said:

I do agree, they probably move Smith to LT and let Clark man the RT spot or Chaz Green man it. 

Just means that Jack Doyle or JT will be chipping the DE more instead of catching more passes in the flat but I am OK with that as long as Rivers is upright.

They will 100% not move Smith to LT. That just weakens the line in 2 spots. 

6 hours ago, Chucklez said:

Lindsay
Lock
Sutton
Miller
Bouye
Fant
Casey

Injuries happen in football and every team has key players out... some worse than others, but we arent the worst hit team. The Giants are nothing without Barkley on offense, the Panthers miss CMC, the Chargers REALLY miss Ekeler.

Exactly. every. team.  suffers. injuries. This is why I am generally not swayed by the "We're only just one player away from the Super Bowl" hype argument.  Chance of injuries in the NFL is 100%. Say a team pursues and lands that supposed one player fans feel guarantees a Lombardi trophy.  The next week in practice, you lose a different impact player starter to a non contact, season ending soft tissue injury. Then another player suffers a serious contact injury during the next game.  The one player away theory is blown up. And, there's not just a possibility, but it's quite likely, more injuries will occur throughout the season. There's more to a team than the amount of talent you stacked at the top with your star level athletes.

1 hour ago, jskinnz said:

They will 100% not move Smith to LT. That just weakens the line in 2 spots. 

IDK. If Garret stays on the R side, you leave Smith where he is. He struggled pretty bad last week against KMack, giving up like 7 pressures. Not sure moving him does anything. He'd be playing out of position, and Garret would likely stay on the R to take on the replacement. I'd rather put Clark at LT, and let a Doyle or Pascal chip more than usual. Rivers has a quick release, and was use to dodging pressures last year.

27 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

IDK. If Garret stays on the R side, you leave Smith where he is. He struggled pretty bad last week against KMack, giving up like 7 pressures. Not sure moving him does anything. He'd be playing out of position, and Garret would likely stay on the R to take on the replacement. I'd rather put Clark at LT, and let a Doyle or Pascal chip more than usual. Rivers has a quick release, and was use to dodging pressures last year.

Are you agreeing or disagreeing with me. Not very clear. 

I said they will not move smith

I’m not worried about that OLine. If you’ve been watching film.  AC has struggled. Nelson had to come off his block to pick up AC’s. I’m sure he’ll have to do it this Sunday as well. The defense is my concern. We’re thin at linebacker. 

31 minutes ago, a06cc said:

I’m not worried about that OLine. If you’ve been watching film.  AC has struggled. Nelson had to come off his block to pick up AC’s. I’m sure he’ll have to do it this Sunday as well. The defense is my concern. We’re thin at linebacker. 

exactly Ac play has gone down fast.  Just because someone is good for ten years that doesnt mean ignore if they are bad now .   You dont get credit for the past in this league ,  perform now or get cut.  Im excited for clark and if he handles myles well i would keep him in there .

17 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

exactly Ac play has gone down fast.  Just because someone is good for ten years that doesnt mean ignore if they are bad now .   You dont get credit for the past in this league ,  perform now or get cut.  Im excited for clark and if he handles myles well i would keep him in there .

Ac is ready to retire 

10 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

correct like luck ac seems to have one foot out the door.  It seems like its a factor in his playing going downhill as well

Luck did not have one foot out the door. He stepped both feet out.

Luck just came off his best season so the relation makes no sense. 

2 hours ago, a06cc said:

No worries.  Walker will b fine replacing Leoanrd and rack up 10+ tackles.  I am concerned bout the O line. The passing game needs to get it going

11 hours ago, Chucklez said:

Lindsay
Lock
Sutton
Miller
Bouye
Fant
Casey

It does happen, and the fans suffer (except for the ones who don't care whether it's a starter at 5 positions or 5 backups starting that day). We've really never shown we can deal with injuries. So color me skeptical if we can do it this time, even with this solid overall team with depth.

39 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It does happen, and the fans suffer (except for the ones who don't care whether it's a starter at 5 positions or 5 backups starting that day). We've really never shown we can deal with injuries. So color me skeptical if we can do it this time, even with this solid overall team with depth.

I may be disappointed or concerned about injuries but suffer? Naw, injuries happen and it's a part of the game. 

Archived