Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would U Trade Pick For Brees..

eli4625

I am betting Drew wants out of NO, would you offer them our first pick for Brees?

Brees would have to pay for a peanuts at this point and not the alleged 23 million average he is looking for.

It would take more than just Brees. Brees and some draft picks, but the Saints do not have those draft picks over the next 2 years at this point.

Won't happen.

No way. He is a great athelete, but can't see him at his age wanting anything to do with a rebuilding team. He wants a Super Bowl run and win again. And with our cap issues and rebuilding, why would we even thing of putting out that kind of money,

No way. He is a great athelete, but can't see him at his age wanting anything to do with a rebuilding team. He wants a Super Bowl run and win again. And with our cap issues and rebuilding, why would we even thing of putting out that kind of money,

With that, the 49ers may want him.

I am quite sure that he is not in a happy place at the moment. He certainly didn't like getting the tag instead of the contract he wants. Now there are fewer people to talk to and work out a contract, he is kind of stuck until GM finishes his half year suspension, and Payton won't have say so for a year depending on the stipulations and rules governing his suspension.

I am betting Drew wants out of NO, would you offer them our first pick for Brees?

Of course....He broke the NFL record for passing last year

....He's 100% healthy ......

Brees for the No.1 pick and nothing else either way...

..of course Indy would do it....

..but NOLA cant let him get away

No way Indy or Nola would do it.

5 or 6 years of Brees versus 10 to 15 with Luck........................no thanks!

Brees threw for 5,400 yards and 46 TDs...last year....and he riddled to so-called No.1 defense (40 of 63, 463 yards) in the NFL in the playoffs

..only on message boards would a Brees for the No.1 swap not even be considered

Brees threw for 5,400 yards and 46 TDs...last year....and he riddled to so-called No.1 defense (40 of 63, 463 yards) in the NFL in the playoffs

Wait...we already had a 4 time mvp and the 3rd all time td and yardage qb in the history of the game who is only a couple years older than Brees and who had a smaller contract than what Brees is asking and we CUT him. Why would we do that trade. Obviously this team values a future franchise qb that you will have to pay an avg of 5 to 6 million dollars a year over a veteren qb that will be asking upwards of 23 million a year. Actually this idea is soo stupid we could actually have HAD the 1st pick and Peyton Manning on our team if we wanted to. Or PM and traded that pick for multiple 1st rounders if we wanted a pro bowl/mvp/super bowl champ/record breaking qb on this team. We already had one is the point and we cut them....no way we would trade for one. /thread

Brees threw for 5,400 yards and 46 TDs...last year....and he riddled to so-called No.1 defense (40 of 63, 463 yards) in the NFL in the playoffs ..only on message boards would a Brees for the No.1 swap not even be considered

There is no doubt he is great.............but, what on earth would he do here with the lack of offensive talent he would have? In NO he had Mark Ingram, Darren Sproles and Pierre Thomas at running back.......Marques Colston, Lance Moore, Robert Meacham and Devery Henderson at wide receiver and ofcourse Jimmy Graham at tight end! Every one of those guys would be starters on offense for this team over everyone we have save Reggie Wayne!

So trading the number 1 pick for him to take another couple years to 'rebuild' around him would be pointless, imho! If we are blowing this thing up and starting over minus Manning, Addai, Garcon, Clark, Tamme, Saturday, Diem, Brackett, Bullett et al then lets just do it and start from scratch! :-)

If Drew Brees was on the table for the first overall of course I would want him. I am a fan and it is hard for me to care about the long term. It is why I wanted them to trade the first overall and keep Manning. We could have got Manning some help around him for the next three or four years and had a great chance at a title.

Of course I completely understand why Irsay did it for the long term health of the franchise. Of course for the long term health it would not make sense to pass up on such a great young prospect for a guy who will break the bank even if he deserves all that money.

I still cannot believe the Saints have not got a deal done. He is the Saints equivalent of Peyton. Without Brees nobody gives a crap about the Saints and everyone would still be calling them the Saints.

Oh my.

No. Same situation as with Manning, this team needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. Brees, while slightly younger than Manning, still has a limited window as well. Not need to waste a veteran QBs time during the process IMO.

I'm sure Irsay wouldn't consider it either.

Tweet him, I'm sure that is what he'd say.