Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thank you Titans

ojsglove

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

What rivalry?  U mean Tennessee snd the Colts? I see one organization hitting on their picks and acquisitions and another not.  

Sorry brother, but if you can't relish the downfall of the Pat's dynasty, and continue to hate on our hometown team, you sir, have issues, which, i'm sorry to say, this forum is not the solution.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ojsglove said:

Sorry brother, but if you can't relish the downfall of the Pat's dynasty, and continue to hate on our hometown team, you sir, have issues, which, i'm sorry to say, this forum is not the solution.

Well it does not bold well when Ballard said JB our QB right now. Basically he is saying JB our guy no matter what and I can sense the colts are not going to draft a QB in the draft but sign some aweful back up

Just now, Freenyfan102 said:

Well it does not bold well when Ballard said JB our QB right now. Basically he is saying JB our guy no matter what and I can sense the colts are not going to draft a QB in the draft but sign some aweful back up

no no no gotta learn to read between the lines.. notice that CB kept also saying after JB is our guy he kept saying if the best player is available around the time we draft hell go for it..so dont take everything on the surface that you hear

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, ojsglove said:

Thank you to the Tennessee Titans.  You done something my Colts team's were never able to do.

The rivalry is over, but the new rivalry begins.

We did it.

Just not in NE.  More satisfying at home, TBH. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I totally agree, but he is being honest, JB is our QB right now, but we have no idea what will happen in the off season.  Lots of options, FA signing, draft, next QB currently on roster?  Ballard was hired to do a job, so far I think he has done a good job, but it is up to him to put the best product on the field.

This off season will define whether CB is who he is, and make the moves it takes to get us to the top, or become just another boy genius GM with a failed plan.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ojsglove said:

Why relish the Pats downfall?  So we just had to wait 20 years for their players and coaches to age out??  They may have done some under handed things, which other organizations have done but just not get caught, but they have made the rest of the NFL teams look like a joke with their success.  It is so easy to dislike them because of their success. Thier coaches r on another level.  Here in Colts land we just run the same defensive game plan week after weeek after week. Then when it doesn't work, we blame it on the young players.  It's been 2 years and the D is getting worse. The pats game plan changes week to week. They r to b admired not scorned.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

What rivalry?  U mean Tennessee snd the Colts? I see one organization hitting on their picks and acquisitions and another not.  

Seriously?   That’s what you see?   I guess Canadian football is much different? 

What a prisoner of the moment...  how sad. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Why relish the Pats downfall?  So we just had to wait 20 years for their players and coaches to age out??  They may have done some under handed things, which other organizations have done but just not get caught, but they have made the rest of the NFL teams look like a joke with their success.  It is so easy to dislike them because of their success. Thier coaches r on another level.  Here in Colts land we just run the same defensive game plan week after weeek after week. Then when it doesn't work, we blame it on the young players.  It's been 2 years and the D is getting worse. The pats game plan changes week to week. They r to b admired not scorned.

Wowza...   the defense that worked last year, but doesn’t thus year, and this is what you conclude?   

Goodness gracious, how bad is this.... 

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Continuing on and on with the nonsense I see!  When are you going to reveal to us that you're Pacergeeks long lost brother?  I know it's coming soon.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Derakynn said:

Imagine cheering for a divisional foe. There is no reason to even care about the Patriots. It’s been 10 years. It’s not a rivalry. The Colts have not even competed in a game against them since Manning was here. 

The fake punt game was actually very competitive before you know....the fake punt

7 hours ago, Freenyfan102 said:

The operative portion of that statement:  "right now."

• Thanks 1

The Titans finished 9-7 in 2018 and 9-7 in 2019, the difference this year was the Colts didn't have Andrew Luck. The Titans aren't suddenly a super power because they knocked off a team with a really bad and ineffective offense. Give the Titans credit though, they were able to take advantage of another teams misfortune(Luck retiring).

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

The Titans finished 9-7 in 2018 and 9-7 in 2019, the difference this year was the Colts didn't have Andrew Luck. The Titans aren't suddenly a super power because they knocked off a team with a really bad and ineffective offense. Give the Titans credit though, they were able to take advantage of another teams misfortune(Luck retiring).

I completely agree with this. I feel that the Titans (and Texans to a degree) have been somewhat overrated all season, no disrespect to them and how far they have gotten.  But I think both the Texans and Titans have been able to take advantage of our misfortune, and that is no fault of theirs, it is on the Colts for not being able to adjust and still control our division despite Luck. Not saying that either team does not have strengths on their side, but... most can agree that if Luck was still our QB, the story of the AFC South this season would likely have played out differently.

All this hype over the Titans and Texans will make things very interesting in our division come next season though. They will both come into the season feeling very good about their performance this year, and feeling very confident they can continue to run the division with the weapons they have. It will be our job to knock both teams back in their place. I know a lot of fans do not think we will be able to get that done for several years, and I understand why they feel that way, but I am hopeful!

The Colts beat the Texans twice in 2018 with Luck under center and dominated the Titans twice in 2018(neither game was even remotely competitive) we are just having an average qb away from dominating those 2 teams right now. The pessimism on this forum is mindnumbing.

• Like 1

FreenyFan - I think you meant to say “bode well”, not “bold”. Unless you are trying to bold or darken a font. 
CB said the “jury is out” on JB. He will address the position, and I wouldn’t speculate what they will do, particularly with regards to FA. I would  find more validity in the Colts writers who are closer to the situation and sources (i.e. Keefer or Holder). They both believe a veteran is off the table and CB will likely address in the draft. 

2 hours ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

I completely agree with this. I feel that the Titans (and Texans to a degree) have been somewhat overrated all season, no disrespect to them and how far they have gotten.  But I think both the Texans and Titans have been able to take advantage of our misfortune, and that is no fault of theirs, it is on the Colts for not being able to adjust and still control our division despite Luck. Not saying that either team does not have strengths on their side, but... most can agree that if Luck was still our QB, the story of the AFC South this season would likely have played out differently.

All this hype over the Titans and Texans will make things very interesting in our division come next season though. They will both come into the season feeling very good about their performance this year, and feeling very confident they can continue to run the division with the weapons they have. It will be our job to knock both teams back in their place. I know a lot of fans do not think we will be able to get that done for several years, and I understand why they feel that way, but I am hopeful!

Not just our misfortune but the jags have QB problems too, if foles stayed healthy they look like the stronger team in the division. 

Watch out, if the colts and jags get a good QB in the draft the AFC south will get shaken up. What a great time to be a football fan for teams in a competitive AFC south, two of the final four teams in the AFC playoffs are from our division. Man that feels great to say.

2 minutes ago, TheBlueAndWhite said:

Not just our misfortune but the jags have QB problems too, if foles stayed healthy they look like the stronger team in the division. 

Very true!

11 minutes ago, TheBlueAndWhite said:

Watch out, if the colts and jags get a good QB in the draft the AFC south will get shaken up. What a great time to be a football fan for teams in a competitive AFC south, two of the final four teams in the AFC playoffs are from our division. Man that feels great to say.

Yep, definitely! :yahoo:Nothing like competition to get the juices flowing. COME ON Blue, time to step it up next season, that King of the South title will not simply be “handed” to us off the backs off bad division teams. We have to take it! :rock:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Wowza...   the defense that worked last year, but doesn’t thus year, and this is what you conclude?   

Goodness gracious, how bad is this.... 

We played no qbs last year.  Go back and look at the schedule.  I said it before the season started that we would see the talent level on this team with Luck's departure.  I also said we would see how good this D really was as we were going to see better qbs. We r 31st in completion pdrcentage. But yes u can blame it on youth and not on the talent and/or scheme. Keep your head in the sand

I am not getting all the rah rah for other AFC South foes. I get we all enjoyed the Patriots getting beat , but beyond that, I’m not wishing any division rival well. As a AFC North guy, I’m certainly not wishing the Steelers, Bengals, or Browns well. I would prefer to have the Patriots situation these last 20 years, where your division rivals stink, and you have a shoo in to the division title, home playoff games, and the # 1 seed. 

• Like 1

Brady's last pass at home was a pick six means nothing after he ruled the AFC for decades. His post game chat showed the man has class and cool.

Now for the Texans/Chiefs: After watching Watson get hammered by the Titans pass rush he should play sick for the Chiefs game because their D will chew him up and spit him up.

48 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Brady's last pass at home was a pick six means nothing after he ruled the AFC for decades. His post game chat showed the man has class and cool.

Now for the Texans/Chiefs: After watching Watson get hammered by the Titans pass rush he should play sick for the Chiefs game because their D will chew him up and spit him up.

Im guessing you mean Bills pass rush.   The chiefs defense isn't nearly as good as the Bills 

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

We played no qbs last year.  Go back and look at the schedule.  I said it before the season started that we would see the talent level on this team with Luck's departure.  I also said we would see how good this D really was as we were going to see better qbs. We r 31st in completion pdrcentage. But yes u can blame it on youth and not on the talent and/or scheme. Keep your head in the sand

You also said Leonard is very good 

1 hour ago, The Old Crow said:

I am not getting all the rah rah for other AFC South foes. I get we all enjoyed the Patriots getting beat , but beyond that, I’m not wishing any division rival well. As a AFC North guy, I’m certainly not wishing the Steelers, Bengals, or Browns well. I would prefer to have the Patriots situation these last 20 years, where your division rivals stink, and you have a shoo in to the division title, home playoff games, and the # 1 seed. 

Agree with a lot of this! I too enjoyed the Patriots getting beat, but mainly because I was tired of seeing them in the SB and wanted them out of the running as soon as possible. But had the Titans lost yesterday, I would not have been upset at all (just moved on and wished for the Pats demise in the next game). I was also rooting for the Bills, no disrespect to the Texans but I will never root for them ever!

I know some fans choose to cheer for the teams from their division and/or conference once their team is actually out, feeling in some way it’s still a representation of who they side with - and that’s their right, I have nothing negative to say about it. But my cheering on the AFC South for division fandom alone will always start and stop with the COLTS!

(Side note: I do enjoy the healthy competition coming our way in the AFC South next season now that the other teams have stepped up their game though, time for the Colts to write a new story of overcoming adversity!)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ojsglove said:

Thank you to the Tennessee Titans.  You done something my Colts team's were never able to do.

The rivalry is over, but the new rivalry begins.

At the beginning of the season I said Titans are not a good team I now have no problem eating crow and humbly congratulating them they just went out and did what nobody other than the eagles could do for the last 8 years I show them respect for once anyway but come prepared next year Titans next year we are coming for you and Houston.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

You also said Leonard is very good 

His play as the season went on improved.  I still think he is a liability in the run game. I am just not a fan of this D at all.  I feel it is very out dated in today's game.  With the level of scheming by the offenses today, I just  dont think u  can one defensive scheme 80% and hope to b successful.  Plus we r under sized. Everybody is on Eberflus but it is the defense that Ballard wants.  To change it now would mean drafting a different type of player.  So,  I think we r going to run this D for the long haul.  Sigh.  Like I said everybody is dumping on Brissett.  However more concerning to me is the D scheme and talent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

Agree with a lot of this! I too enjoyed the Patriots getting beat, but mainly because I was tired of seeing them in the SB and wanted them out of the running as soon as possible. But had the Titans lost yesterday, I would not have been upset at all (just moved on and wished for the Pats demise in the next game). I was also rooting for the Bills, no disrespect to the Texans but I will never root for them ever!

I know some fans choose to cheer for the teams from their division and/or conference once their team is actually out, feeling in some way it’s still a representation of who they side with - and that’s their right, I have nothing negative to say about it. But my cheering on the AFC South for division fandom alone will always start and stop with the COLTS!

(Side note: I do enjoy the healthy competition coming our way in the AFC South next season now that the other teams have stepped up their game though, time for the Colts to write a new story of overcoming adversity!)

I don’t mind healthy competition , but for the Raven’s , it’s a constant fist fight for the division with the Steelers. Then , the Bengals were pretty strong for a decade under Marvin Lewis. The difficulty of the division has caused us to be on the road during most of the franchise playoff history. The fact that the Ravens have won two Super Bowls is a miracle , with the hard road they have had.

Four times we’ve had to go to NE in the playoffs, while NE had coasted to division titles , top seeds, and home playoff games. I guess that is my take on the division rival situation , and I guess my opinion is tainted dealing with the Steelers all the time.