Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thank you Titans

ojsglove

10 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

I don’t mind healthy competition , but for the Raven’s , it’s a constant fist fight for the division with the Steelers. Then , the Bengals were pretty strong for a decade under Marvin Lewis. The difficulty of the division has caused us to be on the road during most of the franchise playoff history. The fact that the Ravens have won two Super Bowls is a miracle , with the hard road they have had.

Four times we’ve had to go to NE in the playoffs, while NE had coasted to division titles , top seeds, and home playoff games. I guess that is my take on the division rival situation , and I guess my opinion is tainted dealing with the Steelers all the time.  

Yup agreed, NE has had it VERY GOOD, they had the luxury of a bad division for a long time and it certainly plays a part in all those Championships, they cannot deny that.  Seeing your team not have to claw their way up the ladder every year is definitely something to be envied.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

We played no qbs last year.  Go back and look at the schedule.  I said it before the season started that we would see the talent level on this team with Luck's departure.  I also said we would see how good this D really was as we were going to see better qbs. We r 31st in completion pdrcentage. But yes u can blame it on youth and not on the talent and/or scheme. Keep your head in the sand

Oh....  now that times are tough and your true colors are coming out, I can see that you’re going to be one of my favorite posters.....

You'll be in the crowd with the others who think they’re so much smarter than Chris Ballard.   I love guys like you!   Have fun second guessing!

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Oh....  now that times are tough and your true colors are coming out, I can see that you’re going to be one of my favorite posters.....

You'll be in the crowd with the others who think they’re so much smarter than Chris Ballard.   I love guys like you!   Have fun second guessing!

Times r tough?  I was just as hard on this team and  D scheme during the Manning years.  Dont like it and never will.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

PS.  I spoke against this D when Ballard was hired. So I haven't come late to the party. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

PS.  I spoke against this D when Ballard was hired. So I haven't come late to the party. 

Fair enough.   You don't like the scheme.   And I appreciate that you're proud of the fact that you made critical observations last off-season.

But I'm not sure you realize what you said two days ago.  (Saturday).     You see Tennessee hitting on it's picks and the Colts not.    Holy Crap!    This after Ballard's heralded 2018 draft class.  

We had a tough season.   So now you're trashing this draft class.   But these kids will get better.

No fan is supposed to compare draft classes after one season.    Or two.   NFL types don't rate draft classes after three seasons.   That's when evaluators have a better feel.    What you're doing is what a fan does.    They want instant results.    Tennessee is good this year,  the Colts are not.

But just one whole year ago,  the Colts were the talk of football and Tennessee wasn't.   By the way,   how has franchise quarterback Marcus Mariotta worked out?     You say the Titans are hitting on their picks.    Isn't he the biggest and most important pick they've made in the last 4-5 years?     How is he doing?    Of course, you know the answer.    All I'm saying is things aren't as black and white as you're trying to paint them.   Things are more complex.   

I always encourage fans to try and see the Big Picture.   One season is nothing.   Let's enjoy this off-season and see how Ballard responds and how the team does in 2020.   I think there's plentyof room for some optimism.    And I remain hopeful....

• Like 1

23 hours ago, The Old Crow said:

I don’t mind healthy competition , but for the Raven’s , it’s a constant fist fight for the division with the Steelers. Then , the Bengals were pretty strong for a decade under Marvin Lewis. The difficulty of the division has caused us to be on the road during most of the franchise playoff history. The fact that the Ravens have won two Super Bowls is a miracle , with the hard road they have had.

Four times we’ve had to go to NE in the playoffs, while NE had coasted to division titles , top seeds, and home playoff games. I guess that is my take on the division rival situation , and I guess my opinion is tainted dealing with the Steelers all the time.  

That’s a hard road to go indeed.  I think if my Colts had to deal with Pittsburgh as much as you guys do then they would hardly ever make to playoffs.  Lol. That franchise just owns them for whatever reason.  I like that the Ravens don’t back down to them...or to the Pats for that matter.  So...respect.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

That’s a hard road to go indeed.  I think if my Colts had to deal with Pittsburgh as much as you guys do then they would hardly ever make to playoffs.  Lol. That franchise just owns them for whatever reason.  I like that the Ravens don’t back down to them...or to the Pats for that matter.  So...respect.  

One thing for sure is , the Peyton Manning Colts also threw a monkey wrench into the Raven’s dreams. That being said , I really enjoyed watching Peyton as a player, and just all around great gentleman. I used to watch In awe as he picked apart some of our great defenses. He didn’t have some of the all around teams Brady had, but what a career ! Two Super Bowls is not bad. They are very hard to win. Luck was a great QB also. I understand many are still upset with him, but when you’re passing blood out of your you know what, and had lacerated kidneys, it’s a tough call.  You guys have had some great QB play over the years. 

• Thanks 2

On 1/5/2020 at 1:16 PM, jvan1973 said:

Im guessing you mean Bills pass rush.   The chiefs defense isn't nearly as good as the Bills 

KC's pass rush. I never wrote defense as a whole. The Mighty Bills D seemed to evaporate in the second half vs. Hou.