Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Irsay releases statement to fans

MTC

Paraphrase: yeah the team sucks, please buy season tickets anyway.

Edit, Since sarcasm doesn't come through on the internet. It's awesome that Mr Irsay sends out these little messages to fans, and he seems like an awesome owner that genuinely cares about the state of his franchise and the fan base

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, TheMiz said:

Edit, Since sarcasm doesn't come through on the internet. It's awesome that Mr Irsay sends out these little messages to fans, and he seems like an awesome owner that genuinely cares about the state of his franchise and the fan base

Good post.  Just out of curiosity. I only made it to a few Colts games, what was the attendance like this season?  Was the upper deck filled those last several home games?  I'm guessing not and Irsay needs to rally the troops because of the way it ended.  The only number I see is that we were 27th in the league in attendance but that we are 97% attendance in LOS. Obviously due to our smaller venue we don't get the higher rankings and Jerry World is always going to be at the top.

18 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

Good post.  Just out of curiosity. I only made it to a few Colts games, what was the attendance like this season?  Was the upper deck filled those last several home games?  I'm guessing not and Irsay needs to rally the troops because of the way it ended.  The only number I see is that we were 27th in the league in attendance but that we are 97% attendance in LOS. Obviously due to our smaller venue we don't get the higher rankings and Jerry World is always going to be at the top.

Lots of empty seats last few games.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, TheMiz said:

I know you’re being sarcastic (maybe) but there’s probably some truth to that statement.  They have had trouble selling season tickets since Manning left. Even drafting Lick didn’t build the wait list back up where it once was. I can only imagine that there will be a lot of people who don’t renew. Next season is the last season of my club seat contract and I won’t be renewing. They are just too expensive for my family of five. I may get tickets outside of the club section though. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, deedub75 said:

I know you’re being sarcastic (maybe) but there’s probably some truth to that statement.  They have had trouble selling season tickets since Manning left. Even drafting Lick didn’t build the wait list back up where it once was. I can only imagine that there will be a lot of people who don’t renew. Next season is the last season of my club seat contract and I won’t be renewing. They are just too expensive for my family of five. I may get tickets outside of the club section though. 

Understandable for empty seats.  An understandable if Irsay wants to try to rally us, whether sincere or business or a combination of both.  
Part of it is the fanbase in Indy too.  We see some of it here on the forum.

Go to a game in Pittsburgh sometime.  Heck go to a Pittsburgh away game for that matter.  It wont take long for you to see what i mean.

Indy fans at games appear to be attending a game.  In Pittsburgh, its their LIFE.  Theres NOTHING more important to them on a Sunday.

Most team’s  fans need winning seasons to stay interested.  In Pittsburgh , they still come out in droves.

2 hours ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Meh....can't wait for free agency hopefully chris stops being cheap and finally take a chance with a big name

What big name should he have signed?  Before you say Landon Collins you may want to see his numbers this past season.  How’d the Jets do signing those big names?

2 hours ago, TheMiz said:

I was just glad when he said he believes in Ballard. Because I still do but after 5 or 6 and he still isn't winning then maybe my confidence will waiver but until I still believe. 

12 minutes ago, jblastick said:

What big name should he have signed?  Before you say Landon Collins you may want to see his numbers this past season.  How’d the Jets do signing those big names?

Like a WR.....we should've got tyrell william's atleast....aside from cj mosely who else did the jets sign?

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Remember there also has to be the right player out there. Maybe there won’t be that great of players on the open market. We have to wait and see.

But you won't know that until they're given a chance

58 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

I don't agree with the culture of trust. How the kicking situation was handled this year, I don't trust Ballard or Reich. 

There is always room for a new fan on any other NFL team. 

You have had a negative mindset every since you joined this forum so why root for a team you apparently don't trust or care for?  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Understandable for empty seats.  An understandable if Irsay wants to try to rally us, whether sincere or business or a combination of both.  
Part of it is the fanbase in Indy too.  We see some of it here on the forum.

Go to a game in Pittsburgh sometime.  Heck go to a Pittsburgh away game for that matter.  It wont take long for you to see what i mean.

Indy fans at games appear to be attending a game.  In Pittsburgh, its their LIFE.  Theres NOTHING more important to them on a Sunday.

Most team’s  fans need winning seasons to stay interested.  In Pittsburgh , they still come out in droves.

Lucas Oil is full of Steelers fans when they come to town.  They have a long winning history and a national following. It’s the newer teams or the relocated teams that seem to have empty seats when the teams aren’t playing well. I love attending games but it’s becoming a bit of a chore. They have completely ruined the traffic and parking down there. They block nearly every damn street now.  

1 minute ago, deedub75 said:

Lucas Oil is full of Steelers fans when they come to town.  They have a long winning history and a national following. It’s the newer teams or the relocated teams that seem to have empty seats when the teams aren’t playing well. I love attending games but it’s becoming a bit of a chore. They have completely ruined the traffic and parking down there. They block nearly every damn street now.  

Big screens and great tv coverage make the couch so attractive as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

There is always room for a new fan on any other NFL team. 

You have had a negative mindset every since you joined this forum so why root for a team you apparently don't trust or care for?  

I have been a Colts fan my entire life. Just because I'm critical of bad moves does not make me less of a fan. 

• Like 2

We could have easily got into the playoffs had Reich did his due diligence of coaching and decision making:

1. Knowing full well that AV wasn't in full strength, injured and after he missed several field goals in the first regular season game, that should have been the clue.

2. JB's inability to make decisions on the field in terms of accuracy, timing, play calling was telegraphing all these obvious plays to the opposing team. 

3.  Play calling very vanilla.

10 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Bell a Colt?  Nah, bad idea. I will take Mack over Bell any day of the season. 

he didnt cause any problems for them

only time he made people was when he got tagged twice which no players wants if they are worthy of the tag

45 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

he didnt cause any problems for them

only time he made people was when he got tagged twice which no players wants if they are worthy of the tag

Well the players agreed and signed contracts that were negotiated by their union. 

Why do NFL players have the right to disregard their contracts when no other union in the country are allowed to?

They should negotiate what they wanted before signing the contracts. 

It's all printed in black and white what they can and can't do. 

Sorry, IMO when you accept and sign a contract you obey that contract just like any other union members have to do.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Well the players agreed and signed contracts that were negotiated by their union. 

Why do NFL players have the right to disregard their contracts when no other union in the country are allowed to?

They should negotiate what they wanted before signing the contracts. 

It's all printed in black and white what they can and can't do. 

Sorry, IMO when you accept and sign a contract you obey that contract just like any other union members have to do.

i dont agree, teams cut players from contracts all the time

players always have the option to hold or retire like luck did too.  getting tagged twice isnt really fair to a RB, looks like an oversight by the players when they negotiated but he can still hold out 

16 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i dont agree, teams cut players from contracts all the time

players always have the option to hold or retire like luck did too.  getting tagged twice isnt really fair to a RB, looks like an oversight by the players when they negotiated but he can still hold out 

We will just have to disagree on this subject. 

I think when you sign your name to a contract you should follow that contract. If there are things you don't like then negotiate them out on the next contract. 

This excuse of it isn't fair is horse dung. Life isn't fair. You signed the contract, play it out. 

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

We will just have to disagree on this subject. 

I think when you sign your name to a contract you should follow that contract. If there are things you don't like then negotiate them out on the next contract. 

This excuse of it isn't fair is horse dung. Life isn't fair. You signed the contract, play it out. 

teams sign them too, yet they can cut players 

bell isnt coming here so you got what you wanted.  i was hoping for him over funchess 

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

teams sign them too, yet they can cut players 

bell isnt coming here so you got what you wanted.  i was hoping for him over funchess 

Yes teams can cut players because the loss of talent. 

If that player has the talent he will be resigned by another team.

Now there are a lot of guaranteed contracts in the NFL so it protects the higher talented players.

In Bell's case I didn't want any player on this team that can't honor a contract he signed. 

I have my personal reasons for feeling that way but that is not related to this thread. 

On 12/31/2019 at 4:57 PM, jblastick said:

Personally, I’m not for bringing in a lot of big name free agents but one guy that Ballard should sign is Yannick Ngakoue.  He would galvanize our defensive front with his pass rush.