Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts can make the playoffs

coltsorioles

10-6 will definitely make the playoffs in the afc. As we know the Colts are the type of team that can beat and also could lose to anyone.   Obviously the saints are the best team they face but they did lose to Atlanta at home. Tampa, Carolina, and Jax are very winnable.  The colts lose every tie breaker, because if they win out they go 4-0 vs nfc and have the worst conference record. They only teams they could beat in a tie breaker is Tennessee if Tennessee looses one game to Houston or ,  Houston if they lose both games to Tennessee. That is based on better division record. That is the first tie breaker amongst division opponents, conference record does not apply unless the division record is the same.   As far as the other teams. Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Oakland,  not worried about Oakland running the table, so either buffalo has to lose out , they play Baltimore, Pittsburgh, New England and the jets ( it's possible). Or Pittsburgh has to lose 2 of 4.  They play cardinals, bills, jets, ravens.    My  point is if the Colts win out they  should make the playoffs. I know it's a big if, but you never know. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, coltsorioles said:

10-6 will definitely make the playoffs in the afc. As we know the Colts are the type of team that can beat and also could lose to anyone.   Obviously the saints are the best team they face but they did lose to Atlanta at home. Tampa, Carolina, and Jax are very winnable.  The colts lose every tie breaker, because if they win out they go 4-0 vs nfc and have the worst conference record. They only teams they could beat in a tie breaker is Tennessee if Tennessee looses one game to Houston or ,  Houston if they lose both games to Tennessee. That is based on better division record. That is the first tie breaker amongst division opponents, conference record does not apply unless the division record is the same.   As far as the other teams. Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Oakland,  not worried about Oakland running the table, so either buffalo has to lose out , they play Baltimore, Pittsburgh, New England and the jets ( it's possible). Or Pittsburgh has to lose 2 of 4.  They play cardinals, bills, jets, ravens.    My  point is if the Colts win out they  should make the playoffs. I know it's a big if, but you never know. 

Confused Mark Wahlberg GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

its over, they are not going anywhere with this offense.  more likely to lose the remaining games than win them all

I dont know why anyone would want to? talk about getting embarrassed jeez we would get destroyed by an actual contender like Baltimore.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, coltsorioles said:

I applaud your optimism and root for that 10-6 record.... but this will be the typical reply to your post....

Colts have squandered every chance they had to remain in 1st of our division. Then had a chance to maintain and gain, and squandered that. My hope is they lose out so that we can have a better draft, but not at the loss of the respect of the lockerroom... the playoffs are out of reach for this team. 

1 hour ago, coltsorioles said:

Face it we are done.

A lot of these posts look eerily similar to posts on here last year when we were 1-5. Anything can happen is sports.

The 2012 Ravens lost 4 of their last 5 and won the Super Bowl.

The 2011 Giants were 6-6, having lost 4 games in a row. They won the Super Bowl.

The fun of watching sports is seeing the improbable happen. If it's mathematically possible, it's possible.

I've watched this team beat top teams and lose to awful teams. They are just as capable of going 4-0 or 0-4 in their last 4 games. Things happen, switches get flipped. Is it likely, no. Is it possible, yes.

• Like 1

Just now, coltsva said:

A lot of these posts look eerily similar to posts on here last year when we were 1-5. Anything can happen is sports.

The 2012 Ravens lost 4 of their last 5 and won the Super Bowl.

The 2011 Giants were 6-6, having lost 4 games in a row. They won the Super Bowl.

The fun of watching sports is seeing the improbable happen. If it's mathematically possible, it's possible.

I've watched this team beat top teams and lose to awful teams. They are just as capable of going 4-0 or 0-4 in their last 4 games. Things happen, switches get flipped. Is it likely, no. Is it possible, yes.

it's not at all the same one team was lead by Andrew Luck the other JB haha

It doesn’t look good based on how they’ve played at times but why give up before you absolutely have to?

I’m hoping for a sweep of Tenn by Houston and losses by Pittsburgh and Oakland.

Of course, the Colts would have to win out but I will hold on to hope until they are mathematically eliminated.

• Like 2

Tough task. You’ve got Tampa, New Orleans, and Panthers still left. Jags shouldn’t be hard to beat. Those NFC South teams are all tough matchups. Tampa has two elite receivers and a tough run defense. New Orleans has arguably the best receiver in the game and an electric RB. The Panthers have the best RB in the league, and we just gave up 150 to Henry.

8-8 seems possible.

• Like 1

The way I see it: 

Steelers will be at 9-7 and get in the playoffs despite the circus of QBs. 

Oakland will be at 9-7 and lose the tiebreaker.

Titans will be at 9-7 and lose the tiebreaker. 

Colts will be at 9-7 and lose the tiebreaker. 

It's the perfect amount of chaos for a completely chaotic season. Happy Holidays. 

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

The way I see it: 

Steelers will be at 9-7 and get in the playoffs despite the circus of QBs. 

Oakland will be at 9-7 and lose the tiebreaker.

Titans will be at 9-7 and lose the tiebreaker. 

Colts will be at 9-7 and lose the tiebreaker. 

It's the perfect amount of chaos for a completely chaotic season. Happy Holidays. 

If I was a betting man, I would agree and take the bet on this. I think this is the most likely to happen knowing our luck.  

It's not impossible, but it's not likely either. The big thing is the Steelers need to go 1-3, 2-2 is likely but I don't see Jets or Cardinals beating them. The Colts need to go 3-1 in my "what's at least possible" scenario. 

They don't look like a playoff team right now, but they also don't have many skill players healthy. We'll see, but I'm not holding my breath. I'd rather play a playoff game and keep the growth going because half of the NFL is awful and they're not going to get a good pick, even if they do flounder out the last games. 

Bills aren't losing out.  That's just as likely as us winning out.  So they're going to get the 5th seed.  That leaves us along with Pittsburgh, Oakland, and Tennessee, all of whom own the tie breaker over us.  So not only do we have to win out, we also need three teams to lose enough games so as to not end with the same record as us, plus lose games in step with us just in case we lose 1 of the 4 remaining.  

That's just with us assuming wins.  This is the point in time where I remind you of who we have lost to (not to mention how we lost) to teams such as Pittsburgh, Oakland, MIAMI...

Our odds have to be something close to 10% odds.  That ain't good.

I always root for more than 16 games. I don't care if we get stomped.

We've got some sorry fans at times.

We wait all year for football and some don't want a 17th game or more? 

To each their own. 

Draft position guarantees jack %.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2