Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts draft Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio State

MTC

9 minutes ago, Clem-Dog said:

He has a lot of similarities to Percy Harvin.  Luck is going to eat well next season

In his presser, Ballard talked about finding players and creating roles... in every round.

Belichick will never be referenced in Indy, of course, but, in a lot of ways, that's what he's going for, I think.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

He can do punt and kick return too i believe. He will probably squeeze Chester Rogers out of here at some point.

I will be shocked if it's not early. IMO Campbell is close to ready to go in the slot and gadget plays role. He might need some work for outside reps, but oh well... Rogers didn't get many outside receiver reps anyways. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If everyone on offense is healthy we are going to be so explosive.

Im imagining this thing if we get something out of Cain this year. I think Cain is going to be a baller too. Probably will take till late in the year.

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

I will be shocked if it's not early. IMO Campbell is close to ready to go in the slot and gadget plays role. He might need some work for outside reps, but oh well... Rogers didn't get many outside receiver reps anyways. 

We needed a Tyreek Hill/Percy Harvin type guy.

• Like 4

I watched a lot of Terry McLaurin/OSU games to try and see what I thought the Colts saw in him...and every game I came away super impressed with Parris Campbell. He does really well in crossing routes and Reich/Nick seem to love running those. And of course Reich loves trying those screens so that should also be fun to see.

• Like 3

When Andrew gets Parris the ball in space it's over for the defense.

People may think we now have two deep threats, but that's not correct. 

We have three.

Deon ran in the low 4.4 and at Clemson he showed that he can also beat DBs deep.

Good luck covering all our weapons.

Just now, James said:

People may think we have two deep threats, but that's not correct. We have three. 

Deon ran in the low 4.4 and at Clemson he showed that he can also beat DBs deep.

Health is key. 

But let’s not get ahead of ourselves.  Gotta see him translate that to the NFL yet

8 minutes ago, krunk said:

Im imagining this thing if we get something out of Cain this year. I think Cain is going to be a baller too. Probably will take till late in the year.

Yeah, that was my first thought.  They still wanna see what happens with Cain.  Ballard recently said he still believes Cain can be a #2.

I thought it was really unique. Thats why i stayed so heavy on Pariss. You dont see too many 4.31 slot guys with the size of a #1 receiver. And i loved the fact that he used to be a running back. Goes really well with those slants and quick hitters we run. A lot of the plays i saw them running at OSU were similar to stuff we do in this O under Reich and he was explosive. Im sure it was easy for Reich and Ballard to see the fit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, James said:

We have three. 

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, #12. said:

In his presser, Ballard was talking about finding players and creating roles... in every round.

Belichick will never be referenced in Indy, of course, but, in a lot of ways, that's what he's going for, I think.

Ballard has created a great culture by targeting system players that fit his needs.  Regardless of the naysayers he picks based off his board, which is based off thousands of hours of actual research.  In that respect maybe he does emulate BB.

3 minutes ago, James said:

We have three. 

Funchess is a deep threat due to his size. Especially over the middle and deep out/deep comeback.