Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Weather Forecast for Saturday's Game Does a 360

dw49

2 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

That would be a 180.

Give it a few days.  It might do a 360, back to 49 and calm.

That's the problem playing their style in KC, though.  Rain, sloppy field - perhaps homefield isn't an advantage.

i hope it snows or rains im telling you this is not the old colts team with manning . luck plays fine in the rain, and we are built for the rain we have one of the best run defenses in the league and have a great running game and offensive line .   

we can stop the run and run it down their throat .  their passing game is their best weapon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Would love love love to see bad weather. That would suits us and our mauling offensive line

Sunday will be a bad day for the guy who does the Chiefs' laundry, however. Lots of mud and grass stains on the backs of their D-Line and LB jerseys, and some nasty stains on the inside of the uniform pants.

1 hour ago, HorseFly said:

Look at the days.  It's 80% on Friday (ie it's raining then).  If there's rain on Saturday (at 50%), it is carryover, likely in the early morning, then ending.  

Game time will be fine.

I think it's way, WAY too early to be able to predict anything with any certainty.

You may be right.    But all anyone is doing at this point is guessing....

• Like 1

I was just curious yesterday and looked at NE weather it looked ok during the week and then the bad weather came in on the weekend. I was like him the Pats must have their own jet stream. 

I just found it funny. 

I'm not worried about the weather in KC. Colts will be fine. 

12 hours ago, HarryTheCat said:

Sunday will be a bad day for the guy who does the Chiefs' laundry, however. Lots of mud and grass stains on the backs of their D-Line and LB jerseys, and some nasty stains on the inside of the uniform pants.

Don't forget the syrup! There will be syrup everywhere! You get a short stack, you get a short stack, they all get a short stack of pancakes!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mr.Debonair said:

With Mahomes arm, I dont know that it matters that much. 

It certainly bogged down the high powered colts offense at times. Or at least appeared to. Maybe the patriots just knew our plays from filming us and bugging their locker room and it had nothing to do with the weather!

It had got to be harder to throw and catch a wet ball, not to mention run and cut etc. I'd be surprised if mahomes can overcome all of that because he has a good arm but it certainly can happen.

3 hours ago, DrLuck said:

It certainly bogged down the high powered colts offense at times. Or at least appeared to. Maybe the patriots just knew our plays from filming us and bugging their locker room and it had nothing to do with the weather!

It had got to be harder to throw and catch a wet ball, not to mention run and cut etc. I'd be surprised if mahomes can overcome all of that because he has a good arm but it certainly can happen.

To add to what you mention; timing is thrown off when receivers can't make sharp cuts in their routes due to poor field conditions.  If Wilson & company can press at the line it could completely throw the timing off on the shorter routes.I

This is also Mahomes' first playoff game.  A lot of variables on him...

16 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think it's way, WAY too early to be able to predict anything with any certainty.

You may be right.    But all anyone is doing at this point is guessing....

So what's your point??

All weatherman/weatherwomen do IS guess.  The only difference between us and them is they get paid for it, haha.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

To add to what you mention; timing is thrown off when receivers can't make sharp cuts in their routes due to poor field conditions.  If Wilson & company can press at the line it could completely throw the timing off on the shorter routes.I

This is also Mahomes' first playoff game.  A lot of variables on him...

First playoff game could mean a lot. I mean D. Watson looked like absolute garbage against us and it was his first playoff game. Wouldn't be the first time a rookie gets a bit rattled by his first dose of playoff football.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

So what's your point??

All weatherman/weatherwomen do IS guess.  The only difference between us and them is they get paid for it, haha.

What's my point?      Seriously?

Did you see the post I was responding to?      That poster proclaimed what the weather WILL BE and assured all of us that everything is going to be great.

He has no way of knowing that.    He's guessing.     He may be 100 percent right,  but it's not because he knows anything.   

Ad no,  professional weather forecasters are NOT guessing.   

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

What's my point?      Seriously?

Did you see the post I was responding to?      That poster proclaimed what the weather WILL BE and assured all of us that everything is going to be great.

He has no way of knowing that.    He's guessing.     He may be 100 percent right,  but it's not because he knows anything.   

Ad no,  professional weather forecasters are NOT guessing.   

Well, I guess that attempt at humor fell flat, lol.

I did try...I did say "haha" at the end.

2 hours ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Well, I guess that attempt at humor fell flat, lol.

I did try...I did say "haha" at the end.

Sorry.....

My funny-bone was recently broken on this website recently.     I haven't been in much of a funny mood of late....

No worries....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sorry.....

My funny-bone was recently broken on this website recently.     I haven't been in much of a funny mood of late....

No worries....

No worries, my friend.  Hoping it gets better for you.  You've got a lot of knowledge which has helped me a lot since you've been here.  :thmup:

• Thanks 1