Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What afc team scares you the most?

Trace Pyott

Pats Chargers Chiefs and Ravens in that order. Bill can scheme against any team. Chargers have a complete team and possibly the best route running receiver in the league and a nice defense. Chiefs have an explosive offense and the defense is getting Justin Houston and Eric berry legs back. Ravens have the run you over offense and that defense can shut down any offense.

This is tough because the Pats are more beatable than usual, I can also see the Ravens beating the Chargers because the game is in Baltimore but the Ravens Offense doesn't really scare me. We have also had a history of playing well in Arrowhead so KC doesn't scare me either, their Defense is Bad too. Right now we are as dangerous as anyone. The Saints are the best team in the league but they are in the NFC.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

Chiefs and patriots would pick apart our Tampa 2 

I have similar concerns about the Tampa-2 when you don't have a serious pass rush with your front 4. However, it is my understanding that Eberflus' utilizes a modified Tampa-2, with some 3-4 concepts "sprinkled in". He has also shown a willingness to play press man coverage and utilize blitzes every now and then, albeit not nearly as much compared to the league average I'm sure.

On 12/31/2018 at 4:58 AM, Introspect said:

I think the Chargers can pose a major problem.  I have felt all year that we match up well against the Chiefs. 

Chargers won't  get by ravens. So if we win we go to the explosive  chiefs. And ravens to patriots. Ravens upset pats and if we sneak by chiefs we battle ravens for chance  at superbowl 

• Like 1

The Colts have won with their defense, won with special teams and won with offense.  Frank can change the game plan to fit most any team.  As long as we stay healthy and don't make huge mental errors we can beat anyone in the AFC. 

That being said - I find the Ravens a "little" scary!  :hide:

3 hours ago, Stephen said:

Chargers won't  get by ravens. So if we win we go to the explosive  chiefs. And ravens to patriots. Ravens upset pats and if we sneak by chiefs we battle ravens for chance  at superbowl 

# that noise. I hope we get the Patriots in the AFCCG if we go far. WE need to beat them. Not anyone else. Everything comes full circle.

• Like 1

The only team that scares me in the playoffs is the Colts. We have the top defense in the NFL since week 7 I believe. We have a top 5 offense as well. However, we are young. For a lot of the team it will first time playoff experience. We can be our own worst enemy if we arent careful. If we show up and eliminate dumb mistakes (like lucks pick six) I dont see any other team blowing us out of a game.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Superman said:

Patriots are the team to beat, and I think they're vulnerable, but until somebody beats them that's just talk.

I can't bring myself to get worked up over anyone else. The Chiefs have a terrible defense, the Texans are out by Saturday night (:applause:), the Ravens have a liability at QB, and every time I start believing in the Chargers they wet the bed.

I'm not running out to bet money on the Colts or anything, but I think the AFC is wide open.

The Ravens would be a tough matchup for this Pats team though. They could run all over them and have the defense to wreck Brady's world. Qb liability or not. 

Kansas City is obviously dangerous offensively, but we don't know how Mahomes will play in the postseason. He could be a different player than his dominant self this regular season. 

All in all, the playoffs are a different animal. And WE ARE IN THE DAMN THING. 

On 12/31/2018 at 9:18 AM, OffensivelyPC said:

None of them do. We can compete with anybody. We can only beat ourselves.

I agree.  Having said that, I really do have a lot of confidence in our team.

Happy New Year buddy!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Haven't you been watching patriots last 15 years or so?

Their corruption has many hats BUT last resort are the refs.

Here is a fact, they have the least amount of Penalties in Football. Is it because they are that disciplined or is it because they get away with alot? IMO they get away with alot of holding on Offense and Defense but it is what it is. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Here is a fact, they have the least amount of Penalties in Football. Is it because they are that disciplined or is it because they get away with alot? IMO they get away with alot of holding on Offense and Defense but it is what it is. 

Great post.   The Pats have benefited from poor calls for many years. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stephen said:

I’ve had this sneaky suspicion that this is what is going to unfold in the AFC. Luck gets in the Championship game and just let’s lose and we get to the big dance versus Brees. 

We can do this!!

On 12/31/2018 at 8:40 AM, chad72 said:

I am certain that Patriots fans want to root for the Texans because that gives them the best match up in the divisional round, as opposed to the winner of the Ravens-Chargers game.

I rather face the Ravens. They are one dimensional in Offense, and the Pats have found a run game without Michel. So I think we destroy them in Foxborough.. and well any team in the Razor.. it’s the Pats in the road that scares me lol

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

it’s the Pats in the road that scares me lol

Lol and got the 2nd seed with a 11-5 record. Good year to be "down" I gotta be a Boston sports fan haha.

But to answer the question. The Patriots obviously. If we play them it'll be what 1975373 consecutive AFCCGs for them?! They can't lose at home either.. so I'm just praying we beat the texans. For our sakes, obviously, but who TH wants to see the Texans get trottled in new England again

6 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

The Ravens would be a tough matchup for this Pats team though. They could run all over them and have the defense to wreck Brady's world. Qb liability or not. 

Kansas City is obviously dangerous offensively, but we don't know how Mahomes will play in the postseason. He could be a different player than his dominant self this regular season. 

All in all, the playoffs are a different animal. And WE ARE IN THE DAMN THING. 

I think Mahomes will be fine.

I don't see it with the Ravens. I think that's the kind of matchup that Belichick excels at exploiting. I don't see Lamar Jackson being able to handle what the Patriots are likely to throw at them, assuming that matchup even happens. I'm thinking maybe the Chargers actually show up this week.

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I'm going with the whole discipline thingy 

6 hours ago, Superman said:

I think Mahomes will be fine.

I don't see it with the Ravens. I think that's the kind of matchup that Belichick excels at exploiting. I don't see Lamar Jackson being able to handle what the Patriots are likely to throw at them, assuming that matchup even happens. I'm thinking maybe the Chargers actually show up this week.

He probably will. But it's the unknown. How will he handle it if things don't go his way? Things have been prettty sweet for him this year... and it's KC. 

Maybe. John Harbaugh is pretty good though. I doubt highly Tom wants to see that defense.

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Easier to let a call go than feel the wrath of Tom Brady screaming in your ear...

Call this the redemption tour for the Indianpolis Colts.

Beat a Houston team that won your division by one game. 

Beat a Chiefs team (not really redemption) that Ballard learned from.

Beat a Patriots team that has screwed you over many times, including most recently with McDaniels fiasco.

Beat a Saints team that ruined a championship for you. 

Sounds like a pretty good playoff layout to me. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

He probably will. But it's the unknown. How will he handle it if things don't go his way? Things have been prettty sweet for him this year... and it's KC. 

Maybe. John Harbaugh is pretty good though. I doubt highly Tom wants to see that defense.

The Pats have won a ton of playoff games with Tom Brady being average. To me, the question is whether the Ravens offense can produce.

For the Chiefs, the unknown for me is and always has been Andy Reid. He's a great coach and a great offensive mind, but his game management can be head scratching, especially in big games.