Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What afc team scares you the most?

Trace Pyott

10 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t think we looked bad but your right this is a closer game if TN had a real QB.

I don't think the team looked bad, but the defense really lucked out playing against Gabbert.  

If it's a different QB maybe they play a little tighter.  

I assume they know Gabbert isn't going to be making too many great throws.

Chiefs and Patriots, in no real order. The Chiefs offense is for real...and the Colts defense hasn't faced anything like that this season. And NE in Foxboro is a different animal. Don't really have to worry about that though...because the Colts would have to get through KC to get there. 

But first things first...Colts have to break the season tiebreaker against HOU. Both of those games have come down to the wire, so it's not going to be easy.

No fears at all. Looking forward to anther game this season. This team has far exceeded my expectations, and the future is quite bright. 

Each contest is unique unto itself. As fans, we try to use stats and tendencies to predict the future or outcome, but the reality is it will have it's own identity, regardless of what has happened up to this point. Below is the number of catches Ryan Hewitt has. Who would have predicted his only catch this season would be a TD in the final reg season game? 

2018 - Indianapolis Colts - 1

2017 - Cincinnati Bengals - 2

2016 - Cincinnati Bengals - 2

2015 - Cincinnati Bengals - 8

2014 - Cincinnati Bengals - 10

TOTAL - 23

Enjoy the ride, we are spectators, and the game will go how it will. 

7 hours ago, coltsnation said:

This might be unpopular but the Ravens scare me because they have a dominant defense and run game.  We also seem to struggle with mobile QBs and Jackson would be a nightmare to defend with only a week to plan.

The Ravens scare me because of the mobile QB. And defense somewhat. But running teams don't scare me anymore.

4 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

Probably that Ravens defense that has been very good as of late and not much tape on Lamar Jackson. Then of course the Patriots, they just have our number so it's hard to change that. Ask the Titans.

We have so much speed on defense that Jackson really doesn't scare me.  There defense is very good but if Luck gets time I think we will be fine.  Patriots don't scare me either.  I actually like the matchup.  I hope we get to play them and put the nail in the coffin.  

• Like 1

I fear the Patriots the most, followed by the Chiefs. 

I believe it's possible the Colts could win a shoot out with the Chiefs, but the Colts have not done anything to suggest they can beat the Patriots. Athough, they were missing Hilton and Leonard the last matchup; maybe they could be the difference. 

6 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

I believe it's possible the Colts could win a shoot out with the Chiefs, but the Colts have not done anything to suggest they can beat the Patriots. Athough, they were missing Hilton and Leonard the last matchup; maybe they could be the difference. 

We were missing a whole lot more than Hilton and Leonard the last time we were at Foxborough, and we still managed to make it a one score game in the 2nd half. This is a way different Colts team now.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

We were still in a position to win that game even with the injuries. Plus this is not the same colts team that played them earlier in the year.

The team that scared me the most didn’t make it in...the Pittsburgh Steelers.  It’s simply because they have had our number historically in the playoffs and recently in the Luck era while hanging 50 burgers on us.  So...I am glad their season fell apart and they are watching from home...heart broken. 

Interesting fact...since the Colts have moved to Indianapolis...whenever they have made the playoffs in a year that Pittsburgh has missed them...they have advanced to the Super Bowl.   

59 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

I want New England this year.  That would mean we are in the AFCC.  I want retribution extracted for their sins against the Horseshoe. No fear of them...we have nothing to lose if we face them. 

41 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

The team that scared me the most didn’t make it in...the Pittsburgh Steelers.  It’s simply because they have had our number historically in the playoffs and recently in the Luck era while hanging 50 burgers on us.  So...I am glad their season fell apart and they are watching from home...heart broken. 

Interesting fact...since the Colts have moved to Indianapolis...whenever they have made the playoffs in a year that Pittsburgh has missed them...they have advanced to the Super Bowl.   

No they haven’t.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1987–88_NFL_playoffs

the 1987 team has become almost completely forgotten but they were the first success the Colts ever had in Indianapolis.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

No they haven’t.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1987–88_NFL_playoffs

the 1987 team has become almost completely forgotten but they were the first success the Colts ever had in Indianapolis.

Thanks...I stand corrected. I remember the Colts and Eric Dickenson losing to the Browns.  However, I mistakenly thought Pittsburgh also was in the playoffs that season. 

Patriots are the team to beat, and I think they're vulnerable, but until somebody beats them that's just talk.

I can't bring myself to get worked up over anyone else. The Chiefs have a terrible defense, the Texans are out by Saturday night (:applause:), the Ravens have a liability at QB, and every time I start believing in the Chargers they wet the bed.

I'm not running out to bet money on the Colts or anything, but I think the AFC is wide open.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Thanks...I stand corrected. I remember the Colts and Eric Dickenson losing to the Browns.  However, I mistakenly thought Pittsburgh also was in the playoffs that season. 

Yeah I am sure most Steelers fans would like to just forget the 80’s ever happened.  It wasn’t a good decide for them.

Am I the only one not happy to see the Texans in the first round?  They scare me plenty.  Watson and Miller on one side, and that D on the other.  I know we got them once,  but they are physical with a great young QB.  Should be a great game.   The Chiefs are scary explosive, and athletic on D.   They are my pick to go to the Superbowl, unless we can knock them off of course.

12 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

So why do you care what fan's post? It's all hypothetical Einstein.

Who said I cared?  I don’t care people can post what they want.  It doesn’t make it correct though and the idea that fans talking beyond the Texans game is somehow going to impact the game which you implyied in your post isn’t correct.  All I did was point out what’s posted here will have zero impact on the game Saturday.  

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

All I did was point out what’s posted here will have zero impact on the game Saturday.  

C'mon, haven't you read all the stories of people's pregame routines like wearing certain jerseys?? It's like science, but not... Lol

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Who said I cared?  I don’t care people can post what they want.  It doesn’t make it correct though and the idea that fans talking beyond the Texans game is somehow going to impact the game which you implyied in your post isn’t correct.  All I did was point out what’s posted here will have zero impact on the game Saturday.  

Without beating the Texans, there is no next game to consider and it works both ways, as to what you post doesn't make it any more correct.  than, my comments, other fans, or yours. 

I'm pretty sure that our coaches are only focused on the Texans this week, and not worrying beyond that scenario. My previous comment was one game at a time, and I believe that is probably the mindset of our team.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

Without beating the Texans, there is no next game to consider and it works both ways, as to what you post doesn't make it any more correct.  than, my comments, other fans, or yours. 

I'm pretty sure that our coaches are only focused on the Texans this week, and not worrying beyond that scenario. My previous comment was one game at a time, and I believe that is probably the mindset of our team.  

I am sure the team and the coaches are focusing on one game at time.  I’d expect them to look at things that way.  We aren’t the coaches and team though.  People speculate on here all the time because what we focus on doesn’t matter.  We don’t need to think like the team so if people want to talk about future playoff match ups down the road that may or may not happen fine so be it.  That’s part of what this forum is for.  It won’t impact the game on Saturday so scolleding fans for looking ahead like it will somehow impact the game just makes you look like you take it too seriously.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The Peytonator said:

The only AFC team that can beat the Colts is the Colts. Cut down on the killer turnovers and penalties and this team could very well run the table. I guess the Pats just scare me a little because we haven’t beat them or even be competitive in like eight years. 

If we didn't make so many errors when we played them earlier this yeam I think they would have beat them easily.

6 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I am sure the team and the coaches are focusing on one game at time.  I’d expect them to look at things that way.  We aren’t the coaches and team though.  People speculate on here all the time because what we focus on doesn’t matter.  We don’t need to think like the team so if people want to talk about future playoff match ups down the road that may or may not happen fine so be it.  That’s part of what this forum is for.  It won’t impact the game on Saturday so scolleding fans for looking ahead like it will somehow impact the game just makes you look like you take it too seriously.

Sorry if I came across that way, Since the post was about what teams scare you, I thought that my comment was just that , a general comment as to what teams concern me in the AFC for now nothing more. I didn't think that I would get that big of a reaction from it.