Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ryan Kelly!!!

Mr.Debonair

3 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

We can definitely tell when he isn't in the lineup....

Boehm did okay in pass pro, but you can see the difference in the running lanes with Kelly in there!

Yeah I thought Boehm filled in very nicely which is good going forward to know we have someone capable of stepping in for Kelly.  That being said Kelly this year is easily one of the best centers in the league.  I don't think teams really enjoy going up against the left side of the OL in general, right side is still playing stout as well.  

• Like 3

IMO it's a combination of Kelly and Mo Alie-Cox. @krunk and I called it before the game. Both of them(or rather Kelly and a good run blocking TE) are key to our running game now that Doyle is out for the season. Mo is incredibly underrated runblocker. I know people don't usually watch the TE on running plays but when you can...  follow Mo for a few plays... for a basketball player his play strength, his technique and his willingness to get his hands dirty is incredibly impressive. There was a thread on here earlier this week about a potential TE to draft to replace Doyle when he ages/when his contract expires. IMO Cox has a real chance to be this player. He's doing the dirty and hard work and he still has a ton of upside in the passing game because he has the athleticism and hands to catch balls. I still want to see him catch and run, but I'm loving what I'm seeing from him so far. 

But lets get back to Kelly. I love Kelly. One of the few good things Grigson did for this team. As others have said... Boehm looks OK and many teams would love to have stability at C like Boehm can provide but with Kelly we are not talking about stability... we are talking about pushing the line, we are talking moving the needle with him. He can be an all pro center IMO. It's only a question of health IMO. If health permits it he probably gets there sooner rather than later. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Alex22 said:

They are missing two dominant starters 

And? We have two rookies on our line. One was a guard playing RT. Plus we have a back up to the back up at RG. This colts o-line is savage

Just now, Boiler_Colt said:

Haeg also played really well.  I think Glowinski is still better, but RG is his natural position IMO

I agree, he looked much much better at RG. Not so hot out in space or blocking edge rushers 

2 hours ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Man talk about difference maker. That O-Line was dominant. Him coming back was so major. I admittedly slept on him but he killed it!! Big Kudos to him

He seems to have been affected by the addtion of Q in multiple ways.

You know how guys puff their chests out when a new "buck" enters the fray?  Big Q has raised the testosterone level of all our OL.  

Also its crazy how many times i watch a running play , only to notice big Q laying on top of someone as the runner goes by.  Regularly.  Every one of our OLmen seem tougher, more physical all of a sudden.  You see it more often on the D side of the ball i guess.

• Thanks 1

Our O Line was most definitely crushing it today.  They were constantly getting to the 2nd level in the running game and smacking the Dallas linebackers.  I almost (not really) felt bad for those guys because they were often caught standing on the tracks expecting Mack to come through the hole but it was often The Big Q train that they ran into...

3 hours ago, Colt Overseas said:

Kelly was excellent today, his ability to get to the second level is outstanding. It was no coincidence at all our run game went up a notch or two. I think in time himself and Nelson will be the best C/G combo in the league.

Just on Nelson, man.. i love this guy too

I wonder what the record is for an offensive lineman in pan caking defensive players? Q must b on pace to break it hahaha

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

I think Kelly and Nelson feed off each other.  One without the other and this OL is just ho-hum.  But get those two together and it's beast mode like we saw today.  Welcome back Mr. Kelly!

Yeah you can tell when they have Big Q mic up

Today Kelly showed why he’s special. He makes the correct calls for the entire line and he can dominate in space. If Kelly can stay healthy along with the rest of the O-line, the Colts can run the table.....because they will be able to run the ball. I’m excited for the next 2 weeks. Seeing basically the youngest team in the NFL ( minus Vinny) playing at a winning level right now is phenomenal. 

10 hours ago, DarkSuperman said:

I feel like so many people undervalue just how important and valuable Kelly is to our offense. When he's in the lineup, our running game is so much better. Also, he helps Luck so much in the passing game by not allowing defenders to bull rush into Luck. Nelson and Kelly are so good together!

I would full on hate Grigs if not for the Kelly pick. In pass pro he always seems to shuffle his guy to give Andrew a pocket to step up in. The addition of Nelson is paying dividends all across the line.Couldn’t ask for a better center than Kelly.

30 minutes ago, Mr.ZapRowsdower said:

I would full on hate Grigs if not for the Kelly pick. In pass pro he always seems to shuffle his guy to give Andrew a pocket to step up in. The addition of Nelson is paying dividends all across the line.Couldn’t ask for a better center than Kelly.

I still hate Grigs for picking Werner and not Hopkins. Could you imagine our offense with Hilton and Hopkins at WR?

2 hours ago, DarkSuperman said:

I still hate Grigs for picking Werner and not Hopkins. Could you imagine our offense with Hilton and Hopkins at WR?

That would be ridiculous. How could you cover them? Grigs was a poison for this organization that is finally getting bled out. People can say what they want about Irsay but he did make a grand slam hire with Ballard. Reich was a gift from the football gods. 

18 hours ago, stitches said:

IMO it's a combination of Kelly and Mo Alie-Cox. @krunk and I called it before the game. Both of them(or rather Kelly and a good run blocking TE) are key to our running game now that Doyle is out for the season. Mo is incredibly underrated runblocker. I know people don't usually watch the TE on running plays but when you can...  follow Mo for a few plays... for a basketball player his play strength, his technique and his willingness to get his hands dirty is incredibly impressive. There was a thread on here earlier this week about a potential TE to draft to replace Doyle when he ages/when his contract expires. IMO Cox has a real chance to be this player. He's doing the dirty and hard work and he still has a ton of upside in the passing game because he has the athleticism and hands to catch balls. I still want to see him catch and run, but I'm loving what I'm seeing from him so far. 

But lets get back to Kelly. I love Kelly. One of the few good things Grigson did for this team. As others have said... Boehm looks OK and many teams would love to have stability at C like Boehm can provide but with Kelly we are not talking about stability... we are talking about pushing the line, we are talking moving the needle with him. He can be an all pro center IMO. It's only a question of health IMO. If health permits it he probably gets there sooner rather than later. 

I just got done watching the nfl twitter post of marlon macks runs and my god you are right about cox.  He was destroying his opponents on the run blocking.  He was doing an amazing job at it.  I definitely underestimated him in that but he did a great job in the run game for sure

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Just shows the importance of a dominant O line and how it affects the outcome of a game

And how the dominant O line can make or break a running back.  If it was up to me we would continue to go after stud O lineman.  Nothing lasts for ever and one or two injuries can change everything.  Plus you do need to cycle the talent.  You can't pay everyone on the line big bucks so there always needs to be new guys coming in.

This line is really performing right now and I would love to see that continue.