Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dallas. How Will The Media Call The Odds On This Game?

King Colt

Both teams are vastly improved from the early weeks of the season. The deal for Amari Cooper (1st round pick to the Raiders) has paid off big for the Cowboys. The Colts offensive line and defense have been sore spots in recent years but those days are gone. Both teams are playing well except for the Colts hiccup vs. Jacksonville. The big difference is the running games and that won't be solved this year. So the game comes down to the Colts stopping the Dallas run. If they do it should go down to the final quarter. We will probably hear Dallas is favored but "favored" is not a W. 

• Like 1

Because of how the NFC East has played out...it’s no longer a “must-win” game for DAL.

DAL has a stranglehold on the division...WAS has faded and DAL has taken care of business against PHI and has the tiebreaker...which makes their two-game lead basically insurmountable.

DAL is now set up to clinch the division in Jerry World in front of the home crowd the following week.

Vegas knows this and the Colts should be favored...and should win.

Dallas really looks good.   Their O-line is giving Prescott allot of time.   Elliott is running well.   Cooper has really opened things up.   The TE's are getting open now.   

I hope they start slow and Luck starts fast.   

I don't think we will be able to run against them.

5 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Because of how the NFC East has played out...it’s no longer a “must-win” game for DAL.

DAL has a stranglehold on the division...WAS has faded and DAL has taken care of business against PHI and has the tiebreaker...which makes their two-game lead basically insurmountable.

DAL is now set up to clinch the division in Jerry World in front of the home crowd the following week.

Vegas knows this and the Colts should be favored...and should win.

I don't think that really matters to the team.   But perhaps their will be a bit of a letdown after a big rival win against Philly.  

Just now, Myles said:

I don't think that really matters to the team.   But perhaps their will be a bit of a letdown after a big rival win against Philly.  

It doesn’t matter to the players...it’s just how I see it playing out.

Clinching and setting up a somewhat meaningless final game at home doesn’t seem like Jerry’s style. 

Did nobody see the garbage that is Philly's secondary? Even if you don't think we're great as a secondary, rarely does a guy go off on us.

That #22 guarding Cooper most of the day was trash. And that last TD the announcers said that particular CB was signed in week 9 off the street.

Honestly, I see most experts picking Dallas to win this game because they've been hot.  But you know what?  I am ok with that, everyone mostly picked the Texans too.  The Colts have won 6 out of 7, they are hot too!  I think it'll be a good game, but I think the Colts have a good chance.  They need to defend Cooper like they did Hopkins and stop the run.  Make Dak beat them.  The Cowboys aren't the same team on the road imo.  That cowboys defense is for real though.  I still think the Colts can put up points on them at home.  I am expecting a close game, but I hope the Colts can pull it out.  I think the Ravens are going to win their division and I think the Steelers are going to drop out of the playoff race.  I just don't see them beating New England or New Orleans.  Colts win this one and they are giving themselves a chance!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t get why everyone is so scared of Dallas. They have only won one more game then us and we are also one of the hottest teams in the league right now.  The stadium will be rocking.

They have some great defensive play makers that are red hot right now too. Vander Esch, Jaylon Smith, DeMarcus Lawrence, Randy Gregory, and Chidobe Awuzie all playing great football right now. Colts are playing good too, but we don't have as many playmakers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t get why everyone is so scared of Dallas. They have only won one more game then us and we are also one of the hottest teams in the league right now.  The stadium will be rocking.

They are good.   Very good O-line, RB, WR and defense.  

They might be good but right now we are also playing very good.  I think we are even with  them. No reason to be scared of them. I think the game is a toss up. We have a slight advantage since it is at home. 

Even in our 1-5 start we never really got blown out. We had a chance to win almost every one of those games. We have proven we can compete with very good teams. I think we will be ready. I would be way more concerned if it was in Dallas.

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Exactly.  I'm pretty sure Dallas fans are just as scared of us.  

1 hour ago, pgt_rob said:

I'm thinking this is either going to be a close game similar to the game against the Texans or we get completely blown out and Luck is throwing 55 times. I don't have a great feeling about this one. Hopefully we get the win either way!

There is nothing to suggest we get blown out. 

• Like 2

Dallas' oline has been a sore spot for the past few years?  Dallas oline has been one of the top units the last few years.  This year they are not nearly as good.  Against Philly (granted a very good dline and fron 7) they (the Cowboys oline) gave up 3 sacks, 5 TFLs and 9 QB hurries (the TFLs would have been 1.5 to 2 times as high if it wasn't for Zeke.)

I think the Colts will control the LOS on both the offensive and defensive sides and that with the Colts being at home are why the Colts are the early favorites.

• Like 1