Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Jaguars Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

3 minutes ago, Turftoe said:

nonsense explanation.  The line judge waited until Swoope hit the ground to signal - he clearly made the call falsing believing he landed inbounds.

Then our team didn't even question it, satisfied to lose apparently.

Lol, nothing could be done. No ability to challenge and it is a ref judgment call. 

Bad game by the refs.  But losing to Cody Kessler ? Bad game by Reich. You go 1-5 you have no margin for error.  The Colts lack of playmakers on offense came back to haunt them . I agree with Beurlein , you cant chance that happening at the end.  Way to slow at the end. Inexcusable effort by the offense.  

how to do you not clock the ball luck took about 30 seconds off the clock each play moving so slow they didnt care at all 4 plays to run 2 minutes off the clock i never saw such bad time management in my life and he wasted a time out before knowing we would need it this coach is so bad all game he ran on second and long no screens at all to counter the blitz nothing 

Forward progress my #%*!!!!!! WHAT A    %#&@;?* JOKE!!!!! Ridiculous officiating throughout the entire game, start fining these *officials  for their stupidity!!!!

Very disappointed in the Colts today, from several players to the coaching and their stupid bonehead playcalls and terrible clock management. Disgusting game today. Barf.

• Like 1

Just now, Cynjin said:

Careful,  @John Waylon will go after you for questioning the refs.

Yeah. 

Luck has thrown 3 TDs the last 8 weeks, the offense has run the ball incredibly well, and today we didn’t put up a single point. 

Totally the refs. Totally. Completely. They kept us out of the end zone all day. 

Even if he had been ruled out on the last play it would have been a 30 yard jump ball in the end zone. 

Get real. 

Blame the offense. All we needed was one touchdown or three field goals. 

The refs did not prevent that from happening. 

1 minute ago, Aluckiswolverine said:

Great play by Ramsey. He hit him so hard it knocked him out of bounds backwards. I have no issues with the call. 

Not true. Player was going upfield and out of bounds. Ramsey stopped motion in one direction. It was a bad call that somehow isn’t contestable. In my opinions there really should be no judgement calls.

Just now, Btown_Colt said:

Obviously, using stats for all your calls isn’t the best form of decision making, either. 

The Colts had opportunities to put points on the board and didn’t, due to poor decisions by the head coach. It’s really not that complicated. Each game is different. 

What is the odds of winning when you score first? What is psychological effect of not getting points when your in scoring range? How much did those calls boost Jacksonville psychologically? There is more to this game than just numbers and statistics....is it that hard to admit that if they had kicked the FG’s , the colts COULD have won this game?

Well I mean, again, and here's the key point. 

You do A, it gives you an increased chance of winning, over time you will win more games. And yes you will have games where you will have won going against that. But then you're not playing the percentages and in effect gambling more.  The other component here is the disparity in pay off (7 vs 3). That's when EV comes in, it's how you decide is something is a good value proposition. 

Yes is there is more than just stats. Like not calling stupid plays in said situation. Sure too, you can factor in momentum and the fact our O seemed a pale pale shadow of itself. The issue I had is people saying the numbers are wrong. No they're not, the argument is about is the modelling accurate enough for specific plays.  I mean let's have a conversation about how much situational effects skew the probabilities and that's cool. Don't let outcome bias cloud your thinking (and that's not aimed at you). 

Just now, John Waylon said:

Yeah. 

Luck has thrown 3 TDs the last 8 weeks, the offense has run the ball incredibly well, and today we didn’t put up a single point. 

Totally the refs. Totally. Completely. They kept us out of the end zone all day. 

Even if he had been ruled out on the last play it would have been a 30 yard jump ball in the end zone. 

Get real. 

Did the refs impact the last play of the game?

1 minute ago, John Waylon said:

Yeah. 

Get real. 

Still having comprehension issues I see.

No one on those posts were claiming that the refs were the reason the Colts lost.

3 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Awful game management. Awful adjustments. Awful execution. Awful effort against a team that doesn't even care in the Jacksonville Jaguars. 

A lot of work to do for this team to be a contender. Thank God the Jags don't have an offense. We would have been embarrassed today. 

I agree.  Bad all over.  

6 minutes ago, Turftoe said:

nonsense explanation.  The line judge waited until Swoope hit the ground to signal - he clearly made the call falsing believing he landed inbounds.

Then our team didn't even question it, satisfied to lose apparently.

That's the thing, TT...our coaches have to jump the refs right there and try to get us another play.

What do we have to lose

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Yeah. 

Get real. 

Offense was trash today garbage playcalling.

• Like 1

It was awful clock management too. Why weren’t they in any hurry to get to the line? Why waste 15 seconds after Ebron gets tackled in bounds and throw another incompletion? Just spike it there. Why did Reich call a timeout before another terrible fourth down play call? So many bad things in this game. All of this happened with playoff hopes on the line. That’s the most disappointing part about all of it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, rockywoj said:

Ummm, 9 seconds left,  where is the value of a 3 yard swing pass meant to go out of bounds?   You have to take TWO shots at the end zone there.  Head scratcher of a call. 

agreed but you have to get relatively close to the end zone..Our receivers have to fight to get out of bounds, too

7 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Awful game management. Awful adjustments. Awful execution. Awful effort against a team that doesn't even care in the Jacksonville Jaguars. 

A lot of work to do for this team to be a contender. Thank God the Jags don't have an offense. We would have been embarrassed today. 

Sorry man but we were embarrassed today by the Jags and their replacement quarterback.