Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sackless Streak Over

Alex22

3 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Not concerned about how he was sacked, but I didn't like how his shoulder was ground into the turf on the pass he caught. Can we not send him out for passes anymore? I get that we are creating more issues for a defense when we run plays like this, but dang. 

Per Reich and Luck, thats not how the play was supposed to go. When Miami crashed the DB which was covering Luck in, Brisket and Luck made the change

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Not concerned about how he was sacked, but I didn't like how his shoulder was ground into the turf on the pass he caught. Can we not send him out for passes anymore? I get that we are creating more issues for a defense when we run plays like this, but dang. 

I was more concerned when Alonso hit him on the slide. 

Alonso is a dirty player......... And looked like Lucks head bounced of the turf a little 

I thought the OL played poorly today. Several missed blocks, close calls, and penalties.

And still, we gave up just one sack, and averaged 4.5 yards/carry. And Luck had a handful of dropbacks where he had all day to throw. And while he took some hits, some of them weren't about protection at all, and he was probably still only hit maybe 7 or 8 times on 40 plays.

Times have really changed.

• Like 6

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Wasn't there a penalty on it though? So it isn't over right? Unless I missed one. I walked away from the TV about a 1000 times haha 

Yes, Wake got a strip sack on us later.  Were Lucky to recover the fumble. Then I think Vinny shanked the field goal.  So everything went FUBAR there for a couple plays.

• Like 1

1 like = 1 prayer. 

(That is sarcasm. Because when I posted this earlier this year some boob thought it was a legit play for likes so now I have to insult the common sense of most intelligent, forward thinking individuals by adding this disclaimer. You know who you are, thanks for what you did, boob.)

15 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

WHAT?!?  I thought Andrew won SB MVP!  And I won the lottery!  And married a super model!  haha

JK.  I know he didn't play.  I never said he did.  Reread the post.  :thmup:

Well I don't know about you, but I at least got the last part of that trifecta

2 hours ago, Alex22 said:

I was more concerned when Alonso hit him on the slide. 

Alonso is a dirty player......... And looked like Lucks head bounced of the turf a little 

I am sorry  but Alonso is NOT a dirty player.. He plays the game hard and does things to go out of the way to avoid plays like the one he had today, his momentum just took him into that hit, but you can see him putting his arms back (dont know how that helped him avoid the hit tho). Last year Alonso carried a running back he caught in mid air versus slamming him into the ground  a to avoid a personal foul. I am not an avid Dolphins fan but I would bet there are more examples of plays like that from Alonso. 

33 minutes ago, neug3246 said:

I am sorry  but Alonso is NOT a dirty player.. He plays the game hard and does things to go out of the way to avoid plays like the one he had today, his momentum just took him into that hit, but you can see him putting his arms back (dont know how that helped him avoid the hit tho). Last year Alonso carried a running back he caught in mid air versus slamming him into the ground  a to avoid a personal foul. I am not an avid Dolphins fan but I would bet there are more examples of plays like that from Alonso. 

Last year he decapitated Joe Flacco....

If he did this to Luck you would change your mind 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alex22 said:

He knew better to do that against Luck because his reputation as a dirty player would've went over the top. It was funny because he wanted to cream Luck and then held up with his arms out haha. He knew not to cross that line :thmup:

Well, we played as sloppy a game as we could have in the last 4 or 5 games, against a team well rested on O and D coming off its bye week, and still pulled off a win. No style points in the NFL. I will take this and move on. Next week could be another ugly game win too but it will be on the road and I will take it again. :) 

Our streak of underachieving at Jacksonville lately will hopefully come to an end this time. That team's morale is down, we need to seize on it.

9 minutes ago, Alex22 said:

Ok ya that was bad. I do remember that play didn't know it was Alonso. I guess he has some clean plays and some dirty plays... idk like I said I dont follow the Dolphins like at all lol

Well with the way the announcers was beating it into the ground on almost every offensive possession. It was bound to happen. 

"1st and 10, Luck hasn't been sacked in 5 straight games."

"2nd & 5, Luck hasn't been sacked in 5 straight games."

"Touchdown Ebron! Luck hasn't been sacked on 5 straight games." 

"Chipshot by Adam V................Luck hasn't been sacked in 5 straight games." 

I'm a little superstitious, so I felt like they were jinxing. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TheMarine said:

Per Reich and Luck, thats not how the play was supposed to go. When Miami crashed the DB which was covering Luck in, Brisket and Luck made the change

Yeah, well, the Pagano fake punt wasn't supposed to go that way either so don't run the play if you're not going to run it as planned. 

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Wasn't there a penalty on it though? So it isn't over right? Unless I missed one. I walked away from the TV about a 1000 times haha 

Yeah, there was a penalty if that's the one everyone is talking about. So if that's the play everyone is talking about that wasn't a sack because of the penalty.  

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He knew better to do that against Luck because his reputation as a dirty player would've went over the top. It was funny because he wanted to cream Luck and then held up with his arms out haha. He knew not to cross that line :thmup:

If I remember right, that play was ruled that Flacco went into his slide too late, and there was no penalty or dirty play.  Flacco was ruled a running back, eligible for tackling.

Sorry, should’ve used Alex’s post for responding...

(edit) The NFL later fined him $9115.00 for the hit, per Wikipedia.

It had to happen eventually and if you notice he was standing in pocket too long a few times. When you don't get sacks and have a clean pocket for several games it affects Lucks mindset. But what a play on that pass to Rogers he was all but sacked and his strength and athleticism got us a huge first down. Just my observations 

• Like 1