Click here to get your free tickets for Colts Training Camp today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucasOilStadium

Colts @ New York Jets Game Day Thread

Hi, Colts Nation!   :default_20smile:  Our  1-4 Indianapolis Colts  return from their mini-bye week after their valiant, but disappointing loss at the New England Patriots on Thursday Night Football, as they are in the New Jersey Meadowlands to play the 2-3 New York Jets in an AFC battle of last place teams.

Indianapolis will be busy on the field this afternoon, besides facing rookie QB Sam Darnold from USC, the Colts #18th NFL ranked Rushing Defense, will face the #6 Total Rushing Offense, led by Isaiah Crowell and Bilar Powell, but Powell is questionable to play because of his foot injury.

Many players on both teams are listed in their Team Injury Reports, the N.Y. Jets have 15 players with two confirmed out from today's game.   Colts have 20 players on their IR with 6 players confirmed out from game action, despite 10 days between games.

Indianapolis and the New York Jets are meeting for the 74th time this afternoon, including 69 regular season, and 4 postseason games, a rivalry that began when Joe Namath and the N.Y. Jets defeated the heavily-favored Colts 16-7 at the Orange Bowl in Miami, FL back on January 12, 1969. Colts currently leads the all-time series with their 42-31-0 record entering today.

Colts last regular season win over the N.Y. Jets was also played at MetLife Stadium back on December 5, 2016.  Colts QB Andrew Luck threw four touchdown passes including three  in the first half to WR Dwayne Allen from 7 yards  21 yards, and 23 yards.  Luck also threw a three yard pass to WR Donte Montcrief in the third quarter.  Colts RB Robert Turbin ran his 3 yard TD run in the fourth quarter.  Adam Vinatieri completed the Colts game scoring with his two field goals from 53 yards and 36 yards, followed by his 5 PAT's, as Indianapolis won 41-10.  Luck completed 22 0f his 28 passes for  278 yards, 4 TD's and 0 INT.

Mostly cloudy skies at 58 degrees, feels like 57 degrees, is the game forecast inside MetLife Stadium, for the 1:05 P.M. Eastern Standard Time kickoff, along with 0% precipitation, 52% humidity, and southwest winds at 6 miles per hours.

Head Linesman Alex Kemp leads his NFL officiating crew to supervise  the game action between the Colts and New York Jets.

All NFL teams players, their coaches, and team support staffs,  including the Colts and New York Jets,  throughout the month of October,  may voluntarily wear NFL authorized pink-colored team apparel by Nike and New Era both on the playing field, and in their sidelines. to support the NFL's annual  campaign to support Breast Cancer Research through the American Cancer Society.

Colts are wearing their white helmets, Nike white jerseys and pants, while the host N.Y. Jets are wearing their white helmets, Nike kelly green and white jerseys, and white pants.

NO injuries, stay on track and win your second game to start after your bye week,  Go Blue Nation, And LET'S GO COLTS!!!!!  :rock: :coltslogo:    :1colts:   :colts:  :coltshelmet:  :coltslogo:    :D

2018 Colts @ New York Jets NFL Game Preview, Live NFL Game Center, Team Injury Reports, and NFL On CBS Early Regional Doubleheader Game In Blue:

https://www.colts.com/news/2018-colts-preview-colts-jets-week-6

https://www.colts.com/game-day/2018/reg-week6/colts-at-jets/

https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2018101406/2018/REG6/Colts@Jets#menu=gameinfo&tab=preview

https://www.colts.com/team/injury-report/

https://www.newyorkjets.com/team/injury-report/

https://506sports.com/

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Thanks LOS, I am predicting victory this week despite TY being out. 23-20 Colts win.

This game is too close to call. I think we eek out a victory as well. I'll be different and say 24-21 Colts! :) I believe the team is hungry for this one. Hilton out does worry me though.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This game is too close to call. I think we eek out a victory as well. I'll be different and say 24-21 Colts! :) I believe the team is hungry for this one. Hilton out does worry me though.

I just don't think we are a 1-5 team and this is a must win to get to 2-4. I may be wrong we shall see. TY being out does stink!

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I just don't think we are a 1-5 team and this is a must win to get to 2-4. I may be wrong we shall see. TY being out does stink!

I'd be shocked if we laid down in this game. There's enough people active to be competitive IMO. The question is going to be if we have enough firepower on offense to keep up. I saw the Jets game Vs Denver and how they ran the ball down their throats and Darnold threw the deep passes to Robby Anderson. I hope we are prepared for that and ready to stop them. 

Hope to see some fellow forum members representing the shoe today at MetLife... Nice not traveling to far to see them..

Go Colts...

Colts with 20 on IR and 6 out puts them in a tough spot.  I still think they can pull this one out 20-17.

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Colts with 20 on IR and 6 out puts them in a tough spot.  I still think they can pull this one out 20-17.

That's how big having Andrew Luck healthy is. Because of that alone most people feel like we have a chance. 

The final injury report will not be made available because the person's whose job it is to post it has been placed on the season ending injured reserve list

36 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

Let's play a drinking game! Everytime a Colts' player goes down, you take a drink!

i am for it , i will play the game, until i pull a hamstring

Now I know it is the Colts ……… our specialty dropped passes...…… and now a interception...…….. Bring on that top 5 pick in the draft !

You couldn't make this crap up. Two passes, two drops, 7 points Jets.