Indianapolis Colts

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. We're pretty close to the middle of the league in terms of passing attempts (18th), so I'd say we've thrown it enough to grade it. When your QBR and completion % are both ranked in the bottom half, it certainly can't be called a strength. Given JB has the 2nd least down field throws in the league, you would expect the completion % to be higher. Given that we have a top 5 OL, and play calling that makes it very easy on JB, expectations should be higher IMO. Again, not saying he can't improve, but I do think the training wheels need to come off in the next couple games. We likely won't fair all that well in the 2nd half of the season (especially the last 7 games) if we don't see improvement.
  3. Yeah, I remember when Luke went through that stretch as well NZ1; especially that 1 game where he was literally crying on the field. LBs work their tails off to reach the league & play at an elite level & just because their brain bounced off their skull one too many times, they begin to wonder: Is this the beginning of the end? It sucks & I feel horrible for any defensive guying going thru this ordeal. I'm still amazed that safety John Lynch claims he's never had a concussion either. I loved watching him collide with a ball carrier on the field. 1 of my favorites, who needs to go into the HOF like yesterday already, but I digress...
  4. When did Favre announce his retirement multiple times for different clubs?
  5. They are still in it , as is Pittsburgh. I’m a Ravens fan, but we are a shaky 4-2, with at Seattle , and the Patriots at home , coming up. Lamar and the offense is playing pretty well, but the defense is a disaster , especially the injury riddled secondary. The Browns aren’t as good as people thought, but this division is still wide open.
  6. Brissett has got to start hitting some deep balls, simple as that. He's had open receivers many times and hasn't connected yet. He's been very solid otherwise, but he needs to start connecting on some long balls.
  7. Put me down for Unitas at #1 , but I certainly have the utmost respect for Manning.
  8. Do you all remember DB Sanders. Everyone loved him. He only played 4 or 5 games a year. He never practiced. He was always hurt. Don't give me talent only goes so far. He was so good, he hurt himself making tackles. I bet Sanders was mentally tough olso. The packers and a few other clubs let Farve retire several times because he was better than what they had. Luck may or may not play again however, if he wants to, Brisset will swiftly go back to his former position with not a lot to say about it.
  9. I’m glad it’s not fried Raven !
  10. Is passing really our weakness or have we just ran it more because it was working and the opponents. Truthfully I don’t think we have thrown it enough to know if it is a weaknsss.
  11. Yep, I almost had to appear in this thread , even though I didn’t prognosticate against the Colts. Honestly, I was glad they wiped the smirk off Mahome’s face.
  12. I would have preferred to read the full article on Leonard, but I don't fall for that free trial nonsense because online outlets count on people forgetting about the trial period & then they rope you into a full membership. No thank you. No sports articles are worthy of membership fees to me or maybe I'm just frugal to a fault. Anyway, I hope Darius is okay. Lingering symptoms over a prolonged period can indeed be very scary & quite mentally draining indeed, especially when one concussion usually increases the likelihood of others down the road. Hang in there man.
  13. What has absolutely amazed me about Peyton's career is he played 14 years with one of the best gm's in football and made 2 sb's. He goes to Denver, a hideously bad team run by a car salesman since 2011 and goes to 2 sb's in 4 years. Then after his retirement following the 2015 season the Broncoes are back to picking in the top 10 every year and the car salesman is still trying to find a qb. My vote, without a doubt goes to Peyton as the greatest ever.
  14. Where are the peeps that always say PFF is trash? In all seriousness, Nelson is making AC's job much easier. Not saying AC isn't playing very well, just saying he's getting a huge boost with Q being next to him. AC's career likely extended several years, and his bank account got fatter the moment we drafted Nelson. Braden should probably get more love. He's doing a good job at a position he probably shouldn't be playing. I'd love for us to draft a AC's eventual replacement in the next year or so, and let Braden move back to guard while AC's replacement develops at RT.
  15. He didn't show up in the box score so he must not have played much.
  16. Vanderdoesn't was such a huge talent going into college. Huge bust IMO. Still has a lot of talent if he can get his head straight and be consistent. Without Turay, Banogu will need to grow up faster.
  17. Even though I have never meet you face to face Lolly, I can just picture you saying that with such sarcastic contempt...You know, like when a telemarketer calls you, & you figure let's mess with this s-c-h-m-u-c-k for awhile. Besides, they deserve it & just like Carnegie Hall--Practice makes perfect right? LOL!
  18. Leonard plays sideline to sideline as well as any LB in the league. And he doesn't get swallowed up like Okereke either. I think it's simply about containing Watson on the edge, not stripping the ball.
  19. They've played the Saints and the Panthers, both considered top 10 OLs to start the year. Watson is currently 4th ranked in QBR, 8th in completion %, and has a better TD to INT ratio than Brady. Add in their running game, ranked 5th. I'm glad Leonard has cleared concussion protocol..... In short, Houston is very solid. Their biggest weakness, is pass defense (which passing is our biggest weakness). It's not a great match up for us. Not saying we can't win, but it's likely JB will have to step up to bring home a W.
  20. bobby is slim more like a safety in the box frame unlike Leonard nonetheless Leonard blitz and attacks the ball great just don’t have him playing Zone
  21. Ya but we need to open the playbook stop messing around and just start opening the offense. 19 points was barely enough to beat KC but even against a Houston team that while im not convinced is that good they will put up more than 13 im thinking atleast 24.
  22. Carl Davis is strong enough to be like a young Al Woods with more athleticism. Hope he works out.
  23. if you guys have noticed our playbook is designed not to lean on Jacoby..some will say we’re “hiding the playbook” i just say we promote Running the ball and that’s exactly how we’re set up to play we don’t use the same exotic play designs that we saw luck use there’s not much RPO it’s a lot more Running not enough play action with the speed we have at all positions
  24. I think he was on his way for about 140 when he had to sit out the second half of the Atlanta game. He was having a great day.
  1. Load more activity