Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The NFL conspiracy report

NannyMcafee

Ballard: 

“I think the one thing we want to do, we’ve got to get the locker room where the culture is strong so anybody we do bring in the building we can absorb. And they teach them the culture. And that’s important, especially as young as we are right now, we want it to where these young players, when we decide, and look I’m not against going out and signing a big free agent, Mr. Irsay’s not against, but we wanna be smart...

Look everybody gets excited the fans get excited and then you gotta go play football, and then you see the real results... being excited in March and April does not win games in November and December. Your players, that locker room, the men you bring in that locker room the culture that you have...”

The article is about Bell. But it is also about Ballard and the current atmosphere of the Colts. 

I know The Bell subject has been run into the ground. But this article is super interesting. And with people speculating Ballard having luck stay out for a year, then this (just the speculation aspect). Just interesting to think about. You should check it out. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.stampedeblue.com/platform/amp/2018/9/28/17912530/the-nfl-conspiracy-report-week-4-leveon-bell-saving-himself-for-the-colts-at-chris-ballards-request

20 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Ballard: 

“I think the one thing we want to do, we’ve got to get the locker room where the culture is strong so anybody we do bring in the building we can absorb. And they teach them the culture. And that’s important, especially as young as we are right now, we want it to where these young players, when we decide, and look I’m not against going out and signing a big free agent, Mr. Irsay’s not against, but we wanna be smart...

Look everybody gets excited the fans get excited and then you gotta go play football, and then you see the real results... being excited in March and April does not win games in November and December. Your players, that locker room, the men you bring in that locker room the culture that you have...”

The article is about Bell. But it is also about Ballard and the current atmosphere of the Colts. 

I know The Bell subject has been run into the ground. But this article is super interesting. And with people speculating Ballard having luck stay out for a year, then this (just the speculation aspect). Just interesting to think about. You should check it out. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.stampedeblue.com/platform/amp/2018/9/28/17912530/the-nfl-conspiracy-report-week-4-leveon-bell-saving-himself-for-the-colts-at-chris-ballards-request

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Interesting read, but that would be such a severe case of tampering.

Yup!   If discovered to be true, the tampering penalties would be enormous.

Ballard would be suspended for at least one year.  He’d have trouble dealing with other GMs in the future.  The franchise would be fined the maximum amount of money.   And we’d have to forfeit our 1st round draft pick.   And this would be the minimum we’d face.

There enough giant holes in this story to drive an 18-wheel truck right through.

I got no problem posting this story,  but I hate it with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns!     Yuk!       :thmdown:

LOL, clever article

What follows should be treated purely as entertainment that include plausible (and not so plausible) scenarios that no one employed by NFL teams would ever admit to, I accept no responsibility for anything you do with the information I’m about to give you. In fact I accept no responsibility for anything you’re about to read, at all.

Every time Bell’s name comes up like this... I can only think of what might have been.

”With the 24th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft.... the Indianapolis Colts select LeVeon Bell”.

(NOT Bjorn Werner!!):facepalm:

Which would have negated the “need” for the Trent Richardson trade the following season as well. :facepalm::facepalm:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

Every time Bell’s name comes up like this... I can only think of what might have been.

”With the 24th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft.... the Indianapolis Colts select LeVeon Bell”.

Which would have negated the “need” for the Trent Richardson trade the following season as well. :facepalm::facepalm:

Yeah looking back at that scenario that does make ones stomach turn.

• Like 2

A waste of time its not the Colt way of doing business period I remember the Suck for luck speculation it too was just ignorant the Colts just really sucked that year but the Tin Hats were out in force ,

The only thing worthy of repeating is .....

*Once again, please note this article is purely meant for entertainment and the conversation it can create. Chris Shepherd may or may not actually believe anything above. By looking at current events through alternative viewpoints we hope to come away with a better understanding of what we’re seeing by considering something we’ve never considered. Worst case? We have a lot of fun with conspiracy theories and turn on old episodes of the X-Files while wearing our tin-foil hats.

The Article is stupid but insert the team name and say this about the Patriots & I for one am all in they will & have done everything under the Sun for more than a decade WINNING is all that matters here in Indy Winning matters but its Winning with class that matters most of all & the Colts have no asterisks next to there Wins ..

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

Going back and using hindsight does nothing for today's team.  There was a reason Grigson was fired. If every GM in the league only had hindsight before draft picks they all would win super bowls. :dunno:

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

I saw in my mind back then -

”With the 24th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft.... the Indianapolis Colts select Xavier Rhodes”.

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I can write crazy stuff too, ya know?

Here's the thing and it's probably just cynicism, but wouldn't it be the way if Ballard did snag Bell and he showed up and all of the sudden wasn't the same guy he was in Pittsburgh?  

Would any RB have the success at Indy that they do in Pittsburgh?  It has been shown that no matter who the RB is in Pittsburgh they will has great success.

1 hour ago, pacolts56 said:

Well said.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Superman said:

No thanks. Don't want to pay Bell $15m/yearPlus!

We need a receiver, a right tackle and a right guard. We have good RBs already. 

Fixed it for you...

Not only that, but this guy (article author) seems bent to get the Colts fined some 6.5 million dollars and lose 2 first round picks on top of it all!  Makes it a lot less of a funny story, no matter his 'backroom casual conversations between his agent and the players agent rationalization.

• Like 1

(NOT Bjorn Werner!!!!

So you could say, Le'veon Bell was really meant to be a colt this whole time. its his destiny.

I know a lot of people do not care for his personality,
I like his passion and part of the right team, which is our team.
The right environment can keep him focused and the energy in the lockeroom could be a special thing.
The colts could really make  run for the lombardi with this guy, andrew, vinnie, TY Our players personalities can help him be even better. 

2 hours ago, EvanPaulSmith said:

The right environment can keep him focused and the energy in the lockeroom could be a special thing.

You feel that way... Does Ballard and all of his crew?

2 hours ago, EvanPaulSmith said:

The colts could really make  run for the lombardi with this guy, andrew, vinnie, TY Our players personalities can help him be even better. 

We are not 1 guy away, from a :lombardi:  IMHO. So we don't agree...  but I hope you are right and i am not.

23 hours ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

I don't understand why Bell would even wanna come here. 

Really?  Why wouldn't any player not want to come to an up and coming team?

There are plenty of reasons to think the Colts are going to get better and if you don't know them I don't think you have been paying attention.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2018 at 8:46 AM, pacolts56 said:

Please, if Grigs had drafted Bell most of the posters on this forum would have been crying that he reached for a RB rather than trying to improve the pass rush.

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 9:01 PM, EvanPaulSmith said:

(NOT Bjorn Werner!!!!

So you could say, Le'veon Bell was really meant to be a colt this whole time. its his destiny.

So had the Colts drafted him in 2013 he would now be holding the Colts at bay instead of the Steelers?  Nah, I am glad we passed.

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 4:11 PM, Lawrence Owen said:

I read this when it was first posted.  I giggled when i saw the first paragraph.  I laughed 1/2 way through.  By the time i got to the end, I wish i had spent that time removing my hand calluses with a fingernail clipper.

Pumice stones work better.

4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

So had the Colts drafted him in 2013 he would now be holding the Colts at bay instead of the Steelers?  Nah, I am glad we passed.

Look.... I realize this lamentation of mine is partly based on a hypothetical.

But Werner and Richardson stunk to high heavens.... and costed us 2 first rounders.

That part is not a hypothetical.... and I’d take Bell’s first 4 NFL seasons and this contract squabble over those two flops any day.