Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Referees from yesterday should be fired

Pacergeek

They are stupid and unfit to referee an NFL game. This is a fact. They missed the helmet to helmet call on Hines. With all the focus on player safety, missing this call is a fireable offense. They also made bogus calls which favored Philly during the 4th quarter, which means they obviously had incentive for Philly to win the game. Dangerous to have stupid people referee an NFL game

• Like 5

Just now, Pacergeek said:

They are stupid and unfit to referee an NFL game. This is a fact. They missed the helmet to helmet call on Hines. With all the focus on player safety, missing this call is a fireable offense. They also made bogus calls which favored Philly during the 4th quarter, which means they obviously had incentive for Philly to win the game. Dangerous to have stupid people referee an NFL game

For once in a decade I agree with you!!!  At least my emotions do.   LOL! Jeesh those refs were bad.  I think the Philly Mafia paid them off or something.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

You should really stop using the word "fact" 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

You think those refs were bad, in my son's game he got called for blocking below the waist.

My son plays linebacker and was making the tackle on the play.

You didn’t try and corner the referee after the game

Had that happen once when I was reffing a JL Game

The Weather affected everyone 

25 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Another 10 years before see a DL called for holding.  That 2nd and 26 call was a back breaker along with the other penalty calls.

I agree hear...I can't remember the last time I have seen at DL called for holding.....that one was outrageous.  The one on Hairston was iffy because Ertz had his hands on Nate too, and shoved off.  All things considered we were right there at the end, and with maybe a better play call on 3rd and 4th down, we could have won.  This team is still a little frustrating, but they are giving me reason to believe there is going to be great things ahead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

You didn’t try and corner the referee after the game

Had that happen once when I was reffing a JL Game

The Weather affected everyone 

No, I do keep it on the field.  But for the next quarter and a half, I did let the ref on our sideline know what a  bone headed call that was and they owe us one.  When we were two yards short of a first down and the ref quickly placed the ball and signaled a 1st down, I quit giving him a hard time. :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

I agree hear...I can't remember the last time I have seen at DL called for holding.....that one was outrageous.  The one on Hairston was iffy because Ertz had his hands on Nate too, and shoved off.  All things considered we were right there at the end, and with maybe a better play call on 3rd and 4th down, we could have won.  This team is still a little frustrating, but they are giving me reason to believe there is going to be great things ahead.

I have seen it called on a DL when preventing a TE to release

1 hour ago, Pacergeek said:

They certainly flagged Philly right on down the field.  Where I have an issue is there are penalties on pretty much every play, if you want to throw a flag there's always an opportunity.  It felt like the refs looked to bail Philly out too often in that game and especially in the 4Q.  To be honest, I was beside myself with their calls, were they legit?  Perhaps, should they have been called, no.  Refs shouldn't be making game changing calls like that, the penalty on Sheard ended the game.  I told the folks I was watching with, that call is the ball game, I guarantee it.  I'm still chapped.

Now, was our red zone performance unacceptable, did our weakest link show up right when we needed it most (last play), did Andrew play an underwhelming game, was the offense to conservative....yes to all that as well.  That's two games now I felt like we had won and just couldn't close.

On to Houston!

• Like 2

I'll admit there were so bad calls both ways but dang that holding penalty on Sheard and the roughing the passer penalty(on the Eagles last scoring drive) really hurt.  They were awful calls. The colts stopped the Eagles on 4th and 5 at midfield when they called Sheard for the hold.  The Colts would have had a good chance to win if that wasn't called.  BUT they also had a chance anyways and couldn't convert in the redzone.  The offense has to get better.  The defense is playing unbelievable and I don't think it's a fluke.  With all that being said, the Colts have a winnable game Sunday, if they get that one they'll have some momentum rolling into Foxborough.  I said if they could manage a 2-3 start or better they'd have a chance to get on a roll starting week 6.  I think the Jets, Bills, Raiders, Dolphins, Cowboys and Giants are all winnable games.  Ten doesn't look like world beaters and neither does Jax.  The offense needs to get it going though. 

3 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

You think those refs were bad, in my son's game he got called for blocking below the waist.

My son plays linebacker and was making the tackle on the play.

Well - then he shouldn't have been blocking!

Just kidding.  couldn't help myself.

1 hour ago, GoColts00 said:

I was just about to ask forum members if they caught that! Without that 1st down the game changes... 1) How could the ref NOT see that since he's 5 yards away?  2) Why did Reich NOT throw the challenge flag!?

And what is that guy in the striped shirt looking at anyway?  Not at the play.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yeah me too. We wasn't suppose to be even in the game and still had a chance to pull a win out in the last series.

The last drive the Eagles scored on sealed it for me. There was a flag literally on every play and it was pissing me off because half of them weren't even good calls. That, and when they threw one and said "There is no foul for ____" convinced me they were just TRYING to flag us for something. It's ridiculous.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

I thought it was odd when they took back that hit on Hines. Dude clearly leaned in with his helmet.

That’s the play that had me fuming. It happened, they showed the replay, and picked the flag up then had a bogus explanation as to why they did. I don’t like the whole “Conspiracy” or tin foil hat stuff, but the game felt rigged. 

• Like 1