Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trade down prediction by Doyle?

NannyMcafee

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Doyle's been saying it for weeks.  He was on 1070 last week saying the same thing, even advocating for it 

If the Colts don't do what Doyel suggests, let's see how long it takes him to start stirring the pot.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

I have seen a few mocks that have us trading with the fish.  In my mind if both Chubb and Nelson are gone we would be well suited to trade with them - depending on what they offer.  I'd take their 1st in 2019 and their first and second in this draft.

I'd take that deal in a heartbeat if both Chubb and Nelson are gone. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, buccolts said:

If the Colts don't do what Doyel suggests, let's see how long it takes him to start stirring the pot.

he's already suggesting that with trading from 3 will haunt us as we possibly could have taken Barkley or Chubb

39 minutes ago, krunk said:

We'll have to wait till tommorow and see.   Doyle is the same guy who predicted we'd hire Dave Toub.    Never Happened.

Yep...but he was right about McDaniels being a weasel. I don't think the trade back prediction is really going that far out on a limb.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Yep...but he was right about McDaniels being a weasel. I don't think the trade back prediction is really going that far out on a limb.  

doyle just throws darts at a board.  sometimes he hits 

Just now, bananabucket said:

His affinity for Edmunds makes me feel more confident in my "don't draft Edmunds" stance.

Edmunds would be a bust for us in the 4-3. He fits much better in a 3-4. We should pray Ballard doesn't take him.

12 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

Ironically, you could say that for any GM as well.

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Edmunds would be a bust for us in the 4-3. He fits much better in a 3-4. We should pray Ballard doesn't take him.

i dont see it quite like that.  theres no such thing as a 100% safe prospect in the draft, but GMs have a whole team that does like a years worth of research in order to make the best educated guess they can.  they will never be perfect and sometimes fans will outsmart them, but that is just the nature of the draft. 

doyel basically just stirs the pot if we are losing 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

True...but the dart board has a pretty big bullseye in this case. I have no inside information and I have long believed (and hoped) that Ballard would trade back again. If anything, Doyel is late to the party.

39 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

There was already a long record Mcdaniels may have been a weasel

31 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Nevermind the fact that the Hokies were a base 4-2-5 defense.   All of a sudden this new 4-3 is going to turn him into a bust huh.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Virginia_Tech_Hokies_football_team

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

If we can get 12 and 22 from Buffalo and 56 thats a good deal IMHO

update... our number 6 is worth 1600 pts, 12 is 1150 and 22 is 780 so we would have to give up a later pick and swap because we would owe them 330 points

draft points.JPG

The point charts are just random guidelines.  We would owe them nothing.  To the Bill's you don't like the price?  You don't get the pick.  Simple.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Colts trade the 6th pick to Buf for their 2 1st round picks and a 2nd.

Colts select Tremaine Edmunds 12th overall.

Remaining Colts picks: 1(22), 2(4), 2(5), 2(17), 2(24)

1(22) Guice RB

2(4) McGlinchey OT

2(5) Wynn OG

2(17) Oliver CB

2(24) Sutton WR

3(3) St Brown WR

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Colts trade the 6th pick to Buf for their 2 1st round picks and a 2nd.

Colts select Tremaine Edmunds 12th overall.

Remaining Colts picks: 1(22), 2(4), 2(5), 2(17), 2(24)

1(22) Guice RB

2(4) McGlinchey OT

2(5) Wynn OG

2(17) Oliver CB

2(24) Sutton WR

3(3) St Brown WR

I don't think that McGlinchey lasts that long unfortunately

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

update... our number 6 is worth 1600 pts, 12 is 1150 and 22 is 780 so we would have to give up a later pick and swap because we would owe them 330 points

draft points.JPG

In a trade like this where a quarterback is involved,  the points don't have to match.

The team going for the quarterback pays a premium.   And since we're giving up a premium position we can demand a high price...

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

In a trade like this where a quarterback is involved,  the points don't have to match.

The team going for the quarterback pays a premium.   And since we're giving up a premium position we can demand a high price...

Indeed. We got significantly more value in the Jets trade then the value chart. I think both first would be acceptable if their qb falls to us. Plus we can leverage Miami and Arizona etc that they might be interested. That said most teams have already had discussions on what it would take to get a trade approved already...whether that's 12 and 22 or perhaps 12 and a combo of 2nds and 3rds which might even be a better offer because we can still use those to move back up into the first if we like. Maybe we prefer volume. It will be interesting night for sure....being so high up every pick I'm going to over analyze what it will mean for us. I'm not as big on the LBs Smith and Edmonds so I'd rather stay at 6 if it means Chubb, Nelson, or Barkley....if not any of those then I'd prefer to trade back. I really want a first round pass rusher whether that is Chubb or Davenport/Landry a little later back. That's my preference but I'm sure Ballard has a good plan no matter what. If we don't come away with that pass rusher maybe we see something in Basham that leads us to think he can take that next step. Tomorrow will be a difficult day to sit through work for sure!

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Agree.....

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

The point charts are just random guidelines.  We would owe them nothing.  To the Bill's you don't like the price?  You don't get the pick.  Simple.

I have always known that teams use that chart quite a bit , it may only be a reference but its referenced a lot

13 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

I have always known that teams use that chart quite a bit , it may only be a reference but its referenced a lot

we dont have to trade at all though

we are in position to say over pay or we stay put 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8+4=12

1+2=3

8+12=20

& 20+3= 23!

8x4=32

Reverse 32=23!!

Edmunds was born 2 may(3 letters) 1998

2+3+1+9+9+8=32

Reverse 32=23!!!

The draft is on 26, 04, 2018

2+6=8, 0+4=4, 2+0=2, 1+8=9

8+4=12, 2+9=11

12+11=23!!!!

Chris Ballard's name has 12 letters, 3 vowels and 9 consonants with a numerology value of 53

1+2+3+9+5+3=23!!!!!

Indianapolis Colts has 17 letters, 7 vowels and 9 consonants and 12 letters in the first word, 5 letters in the second.

1+7=8

8+7+9=24

1+2=3

24+3+5=32

Reverse 32=23!!!!!!

That's it, it's destiny that we draft Edmunds.

1 hour ago, indyagent17 said:

draft points.JPG

Or they suck it up and eat those 330 points...if they want it bad enough.

• Like 1