Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Just reported that Norwell has 3 finalists

43 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Between Giants, Niners and Colts...

Thank God. Make it happen CB

Hearing All-Pro guard Andrew Norwell is down to three finalists: #49ers, #Colts and #NYGiants, per league source

He played next to Mewhort in college and they went in the same draft... we just happened to pick the wrong one :lol:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

We're one of three finalists and if he chooses to sign elsewhere, some will still curse Ballard for not trying hard enough.

Over/under on “why didn’t Ballard lock up Norwell?” threads?

Rap sheet is reporting that Luck is returning to Indy this week to continue his rehab.  I'm sure he'll be around when the visits start on Wednesday.  Coincidental or planned?   I'm thinking planned.  It can't hurt to see the big man on campus and have him give us a little hand in recruiting.  Please Chris get Norwell for us.  Construct that offer so he can't refuse. 

When you make that much money you can sign wherever you like. If he wants to keep that money... he needs to play for us. We have a much lower income tax rate than CA or NY. The initial contract signing will net him more money than the other two states even if offered the same compensation. Also, each player in the league is taxed according to the state they are playing in on game days. Having said that, the AFC South is the best division to play in when it comes to state income tax considerations. Indiana is the only state in the division that actually collects income tax. Florida, Tennessee, and Texas have no income tax at all.

I certainly hope Norwell is told this by his agent and by the Colts organization until he is blue in the face.

Edited by MrNLM
wording.

I imagine we will be seeing the Colts as finalists for more than one FA. They have a ton of cap space and have a lot of needs. I imagine agents will use them as leverage and it will leak out. That doesn't mean they won't land any FAs...just that they will be a popular landing spot.

1 minute ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

This isn't horse shoes, no pun intended. Close don't count. You either get your man or you don't.

But yeah we're in the Final 3.

The money will be equal from all 3 parties most likely. It's on the player to choose where he wants to play and live for the next 5 years. Unless Ballard makes a sub par offer, Norwell should be the one to be ticked at, not Ballard.

I honestly think we have the advantage over NYG and SF.

• The money would be better (tax rates and cost of living).
  • He's from OH and as an UDFA, signed with Carolina. He may not have had any other choices, but I think Indy is way more like Charlotte, Cincinnati, and Columbus (OSU) than SF or NYC/NJ.
  • We have a better overall situation than NYG. The Giants have a declining Eli that went 3-13 WITH HIM, a prima donna WR in OBJ, and a general lack of talent.
  • SF has a decent, stable situation with a bright offensive mind, new franchise QB, and is a team on the rise. It's just so ungodly expensive to live there, so hopefully that helps....lol

1 minute ago, Boiler_Colt said:

The money will be equal from all 3 parties most likely. It's on the player to choose where he wants to play and live for the next 5 years. Unless Ballard makes a sub par offer, Norwell should be the one to be ticked at, not Ballard.

Agreed

The advantage the Colts May have is his Ohio Roots

20 minutes ago, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

They are paying a guard LT tackle money... 13.3 mil a year... it’s nuts...  Watkins is getting paid like a top 5 WR

Colts better not be the ones to she'll out that kind of money for an injury prone WR. The Bills & Rams decided he was best elsewhere. We need to realize they're right and do the same. 

1 minute ago, Luckuania said:

Colts better not be the ones to she'll out that kind of money for an injury prone WR. The Bills & Rams decided he was best elsewhere. We need to realize they're right and do the same. 

It’s not the colts we haven’t signed anyone yet.  Just a general statement in how these contracts are playing out.

8 hours ago, Virtuoso80 said:

No, they have about 20 mil and we have about 72 mil according to overthecap.com https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space

Well there should no excuses why the Colts don't get this guy.  We need to outbid whoever we need to.  Given all we have been through with Luck's injuries...Ballard has to get this one done.

Edit- Dang...nevermind looks like we are going to let Jax beat us for him.  Totally ridiculous.  They swooped in out of nowhere.  The best team in our division...no less.  Great.

8 minutes ago, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

It’s not the colts we haven’t signed anyone yet.  Just a general statement in how these contracts are playing out.

Yeah, you were right though. He signed a $16 a year deal with the Chiefs apparently. Definitely not worth that money in my mind.